11.

Revolves Around You

Prompt: jealous! luhan + gorgeous! sehun (requested by sehunivora on "Happiness")

Word count: 1,613


"Did you really have to do that?" 

Sehun glances over at Luhan and shrugs. 

Luhan huffs and goes back to eating. "Don't do it again."

"Why?" 

Luhan slams his fist down on the table. "Because I hate it, that's why," he seethes. 

Sehun's eyes narrow. "Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean I have to stop. You're my best friend, not my mother." 

Luhan glares at Sehun for a few more seconds and then storms out. 

 

"What was that all about?" Kyungsoo asks while folding another one of his white T-shirts and putting it away. "You know, during lunch?" 

Sehun doesn't say a word. 

"Sehun?" 

"He got angry. He always gets angry at the most stupidest reasons," Sehun snaps. "He yells at me for talking to other guys and 'showing off' and flirting and when he doesn't even notice that I'm doing it for him!" 

"Hey, calm down," Kyungsoo says. "I just asked you what was wrong." 

"No one understands, goddamnit!" 

"What are you babbling about, Sehun?" Kyungsoo throws Sehun's jeans at his face. "You like him, I get it. He's your best friend. I get that too." 

"Hyung, just stop, alright?" Sehun slides off the bed and touches the floor with his toes. "I'm going out for a while." 

"What? Sehun, we still have laundry to finish. No, Sehun, get back here! Sehun!" But the only reply Kyungsoo got, was the sound of the door slamming shut. 

 

"Why are you sitting alone?" 

Sehun ignores Jongin sitting across from him and continues to sip on his warm drink. 

"Kyungsoo called me and told me to watch you," Jongin explains. "He told me you got in an argument with Luhan or something and now you aren't talking to anyone." Jongin moves out of the seat and slides into the booth next to Sehun. He leans his head on Sehun's shoulder and juts out his lower lip. "Come on. Tell me what's wrong." 

"Go home, Jongin," Sehun says. He looks down at the table and taps his fingers on the cup. "I want to be alone." 

Jongin shakes his head and takes the drink from Sehun's hand. "Come on, tell me," he whines. 

"You can't tell anyone then, alright?" Sehun whispers. 

Jongin nods, miming zipping his mouth and throwing the key away. 

"I'm doing it for him. But he doesn't get that. He thinks I'm going around trying to hook up with random people." Sehun bites his lip. "You know how stupid I feel when he thinks of me this way? He thinks that I can't take care of myself. He thinks I'm that desperate." Sehun scoffs. "And I know this is stupid and all, but I like him even more because of that." 

Jongin can tell that Sehun is doubting himself. He can tell that Sehun is hurting. He can tell that Sehun has so many feelings inside that are just being bottled up. 

"Sehun?"

They turn their heads and see one of Sehun's classmates standing in front of their table. 

"Yea?" Sehun replies. 

"A-are you free tomorrow? Can we go watch a movie or something?" 

Sehun stares at the boy, confused, and Jongin takes the initiative. "He's taken." Jongin squeezes Sehun's hand under the table when he sees Sehun's mouth open to retort.

The boy's eyes widen just the slightest and he turns a bright pink. "O-oh. I should have noticed. S-sorry about that." He almost trips on his feet when he scrambles to get away.

"What the hell was that for, Jongin?!" 

"You didn't reply, so I did for you." Jongin grins. "You're welcome." 

"Get off me, you idiot," Sehun grumbles, pushing Jongin's face away from his shoulder. "Go home." 

"You're home." 

"Shut up!" Sehun scowls and pushes Jongin out of the booth by scooting him off. "Stop bothering me. Tell Kyungsoo that though I thank him for being concerned, I don't want his help."

 

"Sehun." 

Sehun freezes when he hears his name being called. He hasn't spoke to Luhan in days. "Yea?" he squeaks. 

"Can we talk?" Luhan looks at Sehun with almost pleading eyes and his grip on Sehun's thin wrist tightens just the slightest. "Please?" 

Sehun gulps and nods. He lets Luhan drag him into an empty classroom and close the door, locking it. 

"W-what do you need to talk to me about?" Sehun asks. His voice sounds too nervous, too high pitched, and he mentally curses himself for sounding like that. 

Luhan runs his fingers through his hair and sits down on one of the desks. "I need to talk to you...about you." 

Sehun frowns and points at himself. "Me?" 

"Yes, you." Luhan gets off the desk and steps towards Sehun. Sehun backtracks and the back of his knees hit the edge of the chairs. "We need to talk about a lot of things, Sehun." 

"Like?" There's that high-pitched, squeaky voice again. Goddamnit. 

Luhan is leaning too close for comfort over Sehun's face and Sehun being tall and gangly is bending awkwardly. "Like, how I saw you with a guy two days ago."

Sehun frowns. "What's wrong with that?" 

Luhan purses his lips into a thin line. "It bothers me." 

"And?" Sehun challenges. He stands up straight. "You know what? I'm sick of this. I'm sick of the fact that you try to restrict everything that I do. I'm sick of the fact that I have to do things to make you happy. I'm sick of the fact that you don't understand that I'm doing this for you!"

"What are you even talking about, Sehun?"

"You're my best friend! You should understand me of all people!" 

"I'm your best friend, I get it, but sometimes I can be stupid and not understand a word that comes from your mouth!" 

"You're so frustrating!" Sehun yells. "You're so restricting! You're so dense!" 

"What are you talking about, Sehun?!" 

"I like you, goddamnit! I'm trying to impress you! Don't you understand anything?!" Sehun is teary-eyed now and he can't even look Luhan in the eyes.

Luhan is stunned at Sehun's words. His mouth opens and closes, but no words come out. "What?" he finally says. 

"I'm done. I'm done with you, Luhan," Sehun whispers. He rubs at his eyes and leaves the room. 

 

"I don't understand. You like him, but now you don't?" Jongin scratches his head. "What?" 

"Can we not talk about this?" 

"No, I need to understand what's going on." 

"Jongin, just stop. Go home." 

"I can't. I promised Kyungsoo that I'd watch you." 

"You can stop promising my brother that you're going to watch out for me, alright? I don't need anyone to care!" Sehun is close to tears, and he pinches the skin on his forearm to stop the tears from coming. "Stop crying, you stupid idiot," he scolds himself. "You don't need to cry over a stupid person who doesn't reciprocate your feelings."

"Sehun."

"I told you to go home, Jongin!" 

"It's not Jongin." 

Sehun looks up and finds Luhan looking down at him. "What do you want?" 

"I'll leave," Jongin says to no one in particular. "See you later, Sehun." 

Sehun picks his drink up and up boba with the straw. 

"Sehun." 

"Go away." 

Luhan huffs and plops down on the empty spot next to Sehun on the bench. "I never got to finish what I needed to say the other day." 

"I don't want to hear it." Sehun stands up, but Luhan grabs his arm, pulling him back.

"Hear me out," Luhan pleads. 

Sehun rolls his eyes but sits back down. "What?" 

"Look. You're my best friend, don't act like this." Sehun winces at the "best friend" but doesn't say a word. "Who was that Jongin person?"

"No one you need to know," Sehun retorts eyes still trained on his drink.

"I need to know," Luhan demands. His grip on Sehun's arm is unrelenting. "Tell me." 

Sehun wretches his arm away from Luhan's grasp and rubs at the red fingerprints left behind. "This is the exact reason why I'm done with you, Luhan." 

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"Stop it!" 

"Sehun, answer me." 

Sehun delivers a sharp slap to Luhan's left cheek. His hand stings from the impact and he almost regrets it. Almost. Sehun stands back up again and starts to walk away.

"No. Sehun, please. I still need to explain." Luhan grabs his arm again and spins Sehun around. 

"What is there to explain?!" 

"I like you too!" 

 

"That hurt you know," Luhan says. 

"Sorry," Sehun touches Luhan's cheek gingerly. "Did I really hit you that hard?" 

Luhan pouts and nods. "It hurts. Kiss it better." 

"Stop it." 

"Please?" 

Sehun has to stop for a moment to compose himself because he swore that he almost melted into a pile of goo at Luhan's puppy eyes. "Fine." Sehun turns bright red when he sees how happy Luhan is. 

"Anyways," Luhan says, leaning his head on Sehun's chest after Sehun had kissed him. "You never told me who that Jongin guy was." 

"Oh. He's my cousin." 

"Cousin? I thought he was your boyfriend or something." 

"If I had a boyfriend, you would be the first to know, stupid," Sehun says. 

"Still. We were arguing, so I thought you got a boyfriend to make me even more mad or something." 

"I only see you." 

"You're so cheesy, Sehun." Luhan moves so that he's sitting on top of Sehun's stomach. "But you're so cute." 

"Stop it," Sehun whines. 

There is the sound of the front door opening and then the loud thump of something hitting the floor. "What the hell are you guys doing on my sofa?!" Kyungsoo screeches. "Out! Now! Luhan, you are banned from this house! Sehun, you're grounded! Off my sofa!"