34.

Revolves Around You

Prompt: Luhan takes Sehun out on their first date.

Word count: 489


Luhan rings the doorbell at 6 o' clock sharp that Friday night. He has a small bouquet of flowers for Sehun's parents, to make a good impression, and a box of chocolates in the car for Sehun after dinner.  He's dressed in a light blue button up and black jeans, blond hair styled up. He waits, hearing light footsteps, but the door doesn't open right away. He can hear Sehun's "Mom, go away!" and his mother telling him she has to see who it is so she can approve. Luhan smiles when the door swings open and Sehun is standing there with a pout on his lips while his mother is staring at Luhan with narrowed eyes.

"Hello, Mrs. Oh. I'm Luhan and I'm here to take your son on a date." Luhan smiles as he presents the bouquet of pink carnations to Sehun's mother. "We'll be back before midnight. I'm planning to take Sehun for dinner and maybe we'll watch a movie afterwards." He gives a small bow. 

"Mom, okay, you met him, now go away," Sehun whines. He looks at Luhan. "Hyung, you can go to the car. I'll say bye and meet you out there. Mom, go back inside!" Sehun tries to push her back inside the house but the attempt is futile when the woman flicks Sehun's forehead.

"Let me talk to him," she says, nodding her head at Luhan. 

Luhan smiles. "I promise to take good care of him, Mrs. Oh." 

"Mom, can I just go? Please," Sehun whines. 

"He's been looking forward to it all day," Mrs. Oh explains. "Keeps whining about how he's got to look his best." 

Luhan smiles broadly. "You look great, Sehun-ah." 

Sehun blushes red and Luhan almost feels like Sehun's going to pass out with how red his cheeks and ears are getting. 

"Mom, I'm going, tell Dad I said bye. Love you!" Sehun gives his mother a short peck on the cheek and runs 0ut of the house, pulling Luhan along. 

 

"Is it too early to kiss?" 

Sehun freezes. He stares at Luhan with wide eyes, unmoving. 

The elder shakes his head, smiling. "It is, huh. Forget it." 

"Sorry," Sehun whispers. 

Luhan shrugs. "It's nothing. It is our first date after all. Don't worry about it." Giving Sehun a reassuring smile, he pinches Sehun's cheek. "Do you want to walk around for a while before I take you home?" 

Sehun nods, scrunching up his face when Luhan laughs at Sehun's "cute cheeks." "I'm not cute." 

"Yes, you are. Stop trying to deny it." Luhan pats Sehun's head, though the younger was much taller. 

Sehun can't help but pout and sigh. 

Luhan hesitates for a moment and then sticks his hand out. "Hold my hand." 

Sehun raises an eyebrow. "Huh?" 

"Hold my hand," Luhan repeats, shaking his hand for emphasis. 

Sehun fights back a smile as he places his hand on Luhan's and Luhan laces their fingers together.