Chapter 8

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hearing someone’s weeping in the middle of the night is definitely giving goose bumps. Even to the cold, hard-faced Sehun. As he walked along to the corridor to his apartment, the sound of a girl weeping were heard clearer than before. He acted like nothing is bothering his mind now but his eyes were all over the place trying to find the source of the sound.

By the time Sehun already have seen his door, he has planned to just dashes inside and got over it but he saw a girl’s legs pointing towards his door. When he stepped even closer curious at who’s the owner of the legs, his eyes widened at the familiar sight of the figure who was leaning against the door opposite of Sehun’s apartment crying not minding the world around her.

What is she doing here? He thought as he stared at the mess Haneul who still seemed not realizing Sehun’s presence by her now. He wondered if she’s drunk and made a conclusion that she might be and the door she leaned herself at must be her apartment. What a weird coincidence. Why does this girl live opposite of him?

He unlocked his door and ignored her at first by going into the house like he hadn’t seen anything before but his pity didn’t let him do that. He heaved a loud sigh frustrating at himself for probably putting himself into a problem that didn’t have anything to do with him. He must be so unlucky to have seen such scene in front of his place.

He turned the doorknob from inside and stood right in front of the sobbing Haneul while trying to look for the girl’s face. Her hair has covered all over her face and she looked so pitiful now. What could have happen? As much as he’s trying not to care about her, he started to wonder what could have been wrong to this girl.

‘Why didn’t you go in? Are you drunk?’ he asked after he crouched himself down so that he was near to Haneul to look at her condition.

‘I forgot my keys.’ she answered in between hiccups. She must have been crying so much that she couldn’t have the energy to talk at all. He let out a sigh knowing that he just put himself into the problem as well now that he already asked her what happen to her. Leaving her would make him even meaner than before.

‘Today .’ He was surprised at her sudden voice. ‘Not only I had to go through them having a date at the restaurant I worked, and also hurt him because of my own guilt that I’m feeling, things had to go worsen with me leaving my keys at my lockers. Couldn’t it be any more worst than this?’ she ranted as tears didn’t stop flowing from her eyes.

Sehun stood up while he put his hand on Haneul’s arm to make her stand up. ‘Stand up, Kimbap. Let’s go into my house.’

 

 

Haneul’s break down didn’t ease even after Sehun brought her inside his house.  She didn’t muttered a word after she ranted in front of her apartment but Sehun can still hear her sobbing quietly after that. The fact that he didn’t know how to make her feel better and make her stop frustrated him. How long would she want to keep on crying like this?

‘Stop crying. Nothing would change if you were crying like a living mess like this.’ he said in frustration wishing her would stop now.

‘I would feel better.’ She said making him noticed that her eyes are red and swollen as if her eyeballs are about to pop out of its sockets. Her nose and her cheeks are red as if it seems flushed from crying too much. He can never imagine he would ever see this girl in this state but he is seeing one now.

‘No, it makes you feel better now but would the problems go away? No!’ he shouted the latter part making Haneul flinched in surprise. ‘You would still feel bad about it whenever you thought of it and what are you going to do that time? Cry again. Listen here Kimbap, we’re not kids any-‘

‘Of course, it’s easier said than to be done. If you were in my place,’ she muttered.

‘If I was in your place, I wouldn’t have act this stupid like you. That’s for sure.’ He interrupted. He stood up from the couch in frustration to head to the kitchen to get a drink. Talking to this girl is useless.

‘No matter what I do, everything seemed stupid.’ She murmured as she started sobbing. She’s not being herself, that’s what he thought. This girl might have been drunk for all he knows for her to be acting this way around him.

He sat himself back beside her. Haneul has her legs folded to her chest as she wrapped her hands around her legs on the couch. She knew that Sehun found her annoying because of her cries but she can’t hold it. These days have been really harsh to her and she can’t keep in anymore. And she has no one to let out to anymore. It makes her miss her old life now. She misses her dad. She misses the maids in her house that has been with her all the time when she’s home. She misses everything about what she used to have.

Haneul buried her face on her knees preventing from making so much of noise. She was expecting Sehun to raise his voice at her to stop her again but instead of getting scolded at again, she felt a hand tapping her back in comfort. It was an awkward move but she can feel his intention is sincere. Somehow it did comfort her.

 

 

‘Kimbap.’ Haneul felt someone poking her making her tossed and turn around to continue to sleep. ‘Aish, this girl.’ Sehun groaned at her stubbornness for having a hard time to wake up. ‘Yah.’ He nudged her a little bit stronger than before.

‘I’m awake.’ Haneul mumbled whiningly while pushing Sehun’s hand away from her.

‘I can really see that.’ He replied sarcastically. ‘Up to you whethe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter