Chapter 6

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Hey!’ Haneul shouted as she tried to catch Sehun’s pace. He walked really fast after the lecture is over. It must be because of his long legs.

Sehun looked at the girl who is blocking his way now while panting after running after him. The wrinkles on his forehead can be seen as he wondered what’s up with her to be showing up here in front of him.

‘You’re wrong.’ She said randomly after she found her breathing has become constant. ‘I already started on the assignment, I don’t know about you but I watched the video last night and got to pinpoint some important points there. So here it is,’ she handed the paper to him. ‘Let’s just divide the points into half and you’ll just do your research on half of it while I did the other half, okay?’ she really hoped he would just agree with her. At least we don’t have to meet up a lot for this.

She started to move away from him as he was reading the paper that Haneul jotted down the important points. ‘Wait, Kimbap.’ She straightened up at his voice. ‘What if you missed some of the points that was in the video? Are you sure you got all of it?’ he asked stoically.

‘Then, you can watch it again for confirmation.’ She muttered.

‘If I watch it again and found a few other points, I have to do the extra works?’ he raised his eyebrows.

Haneul was about to roll her eyes and let out a huff at his reply. Does it kill him to do a little bit more of work than she is? He should be thanked her for staying up to do this work in the middle of the night after they got back from the festival. ‘I already did this f-‘ the sight of Soojin walking pass them caught Haneul’s eyes. Soojin seemed to be in a really bad mood this morning and she didn’t talk to Haneul at all. Since they were rushing to the class earlier this morning, Haneul didn’t get to talk about it with her.

‘Fine, I’ll watch it again. I-I have to go.’ she replied to Sehun before she left him dumbfounded at the last spot she was at running after Soojin.

‘Soojin!’ she grabbed her shoulder as she slowed down her pace as she walked beside her. Soojin’s lack of response to her made her frowned a little but she ignored it wondering what has been upsetting her friend. ‘You looked really down today. Last night when I’m back you already asleep and this morning, you seemed so quiet. What’s up?’ she asked but still not receiving any reply from Soojin. ‘Are you alright? Let’s talk about it over lunch, okay? What do you want-‘

‘Can you stop?’ Soojin halted her steps and faced Haneul with a frustrated look over her face. ‘I have nothing to talk about with you. Would you just leave me alone?’ she said before turning back around. Haneul was surprised at her friend’s reaction. What is she mad at? ‘Stop acting all nice, you make me sick.’ Soojin mumbled while walking ahead of Haneul.

‘I don’t get it. Are you angry with me? What’s up with you?’ Haneul’s frown grown deeper as she didn’t get the reason why Soojin is behaving like this to her.

‘What’s up with me?’ Soojin asked in disbelief. ‘What’s up with you?’ she raised her voice in frustration. ‘Where did you go last night? For all I know, you don’t have any friends other than me. Who you were with last night?’ she asked.

‘I-I… Soojin.’ Haneul called her pleadingly.

‘You know so well that I like him. I told you about it. Why? Why out of all the guys, it has to be him? Why out of all 12 of them, it has to be him?’ Soojin glared at Haneul in anger. ‘Because you know I like him, that’s why right?’

‘Of course not, what do you think I am?’ Haneul protested.

‘What should I think of you? Now, you seem the same like one of the fake es that existed here to me.’ she spat out before she walked off leaving Haneul alone without hearing her out.

Haneul heaved a deep sigh and shut her eyes close as she felt tears started to well up in her eyes. She can’t believe they would fight over a guy. And she can’t believe that she just lost a friend because of a guy.

Sehun saw the whole dramatic scene that happened in front of him. She heard Soojin’s voice as she raised her voice at Haneul who looked clueless at what is going on with her. And just by a few words that he heard Soojin muttered to Haneul, he thinks he knows what is going on between them.

He followed her from the back to the cafeteria. Well, he wouldn’t say that he is following her as he is actually planning to have lunch there. However, he couldn’t help but stare at the girl who looked down after what had happen. Her face didn’t show anything and she mostly looked like how she usually is while taking the food she wants to have. Is she going to have her lunch alone? He thought as he grabbed a sandwich for himself.

With brave steps towards the lonely girl who was fiddling her food who can’t prevent herself from being devastated to what has happen, he put his tray down in front of her making her looked up to see who it was.

Haneul looked surprise to see Sehun sat down opposite of her with his tray of food. Is he going to have lunch with her?

‘Can you stop walk away from me before we’re done talking?’ he spoke up before Haneul could have some thoughts wondering why he’s sitt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter