Chapter 29

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'What's the matter?'

Sehun asked when he opened the door after hearing chaos from inside his house. The sound of few men and the middle-aged woman yelling at each other got him wonder. By the time he peeked out, he only saw the woman standing at the hallway but no sight of any men there.

'There are two men coming out of nowhere looking like gangsters making a scene here with the residents.' she answered, there's stilll a little rage shown on her face.

Sehun stared at the empty hallway as the middle-aged woman went back into her  house. He then flashed a look down before getting in and met with a small carton of milk placed in front of his door. Sehun bent down and picked it up,guessing that it was from Haneul. He pulled off the pink sticky note on the carton and read the words Haneul left him.

Morning! I'll treat you milk for breakfast today. Have fun at dinner later. But don't have too much fun with her. It's not like I'm jealous. You know, you might not know what she Bye!!

Sehun can't help but laugh while reading her note. Did she think I couldn't read what she cancel on? The words are still visible. He tear the edge of the carton and had a sip while reading the note again and again. This is worth to keep.

 

 

'Iced caramel macchiato for you. On me.' Hani said, after she asked her manager for a little break when she saw Haneul walking in. 'I'm so excited for tonight. But it's such a shame though, there will be no you.' she pouted.

'Take a lot of pictures so that I get to see you in your beautiful dress.' Haneul spoke.

'I will.' Hani replied. 'Are you really cool with Sehun going to the dinner with another girl? But oh well, Sehun doesn't really talk to just any girls, especially strangers. I guess there's nothing to worry about. I would feel pretty secure if I have a boyfriend like him. Luhan is nice to just everyone. He said he did it out of manners but does other people think that way too? I don't think so.' Hani babbled.

'There are some girls who couldn't differentiate between manners and like. And there are a lot more who's taking advantage out of it...'

While Hani is blabbering on about how upset she is with Luhan, Haneul felt her phone vibrated. She had her eyes on Hani showing that she's keeping interest in what Hani said but her hand slowly took her phone out of her pocket. She glimpsed down and saw that she received a text message from Sehun.

I'll keep my distance if that makes you upset.

Haneul smiled widely reading that causing Hani to noticed that she wasn't giving attention to her when Hani was talking. 'Are you ignoring me?' Hani asked, her voice high with a crease on her forehead. 'Who is that from?'

Haneul kept her face straight when she was asked and slightly shook her head, ensuring Hani that it was nothing important. 'Sehun.' no reponse. 'Come on, tell me who it is. Sehun right?' Hani grinned while wiggling her eyebrows. 'What did he say that is so funny?' she asked when Haneul started laughing lightly, when Haneul actually find it funny at Hani's dying in curiosity look. 

 

 

Walking towards the conventional hall with no absolute excitements, Sehun took a look at his phone every now and then to see if his friends texted or called him since it's pretty awkward to be seen alone as much as he seemed not affected by it at all. He saw his friends from afar as he went on walking and he raised his hand up to them when few of them looked around while chatting. His pace quickened to catch up to them and he began smiling when Tao noticed him.

'Sehun.' that sudden call made Sehun turned to the direction of the voice. 'It's been awhile, wasn't it?' Mina smiled, like they are friends when they mostly ignored each other before whenever they met.

'Yeah, after you and Chanyeol broke up.' Sehun muttered.

'Yes.' she awkwardly responds.

'If you're actually searching for-'

'No. I saw you from there just now so I thought of saying hi. Chanyeol would be here soon, I'm sure.' she corrected. 'It's ridiculous right, what people are talking about. Out of all people, you? I guess they're just envy of you guys' friendship for all these years. Some people should really get some life.'

'I prefer not to take it too much into heart.'

'Right. I know you.' she confidently said. We suddenly knew each other so well, when you're back with Chanyeol? Sehun found it amused to see how thick faced she can be when all this while, they've been treating each other like strangers. Just because she became close back to Chanyeol, doesn't mean she could suddenly act like their friend. 'Your strong bonds, the brotherhood you guys have is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I always knew that Chanyeol could lean on you guys even when I'm not there for him. You guys always have each others' back and there's no way you would ever have heart to betray each other. I'm sure they are as important to you as you are to them and you wouldn't let anything go in the way. I always respect you guys for that.' the soft smile she had while describing their friendship seemed twitched to a slight smirk as she finished off her statement with one last sentence. 'And I hope it stays that way for a long, long time.'

She knew. Sehun thought as the words she said processed in his mind. They stayed staring at each other for quite a moment before Mina herself broke her gaze when she noticed that Chanyeol has finally arrived. 

As soon as the clock hit 7, the night begun and all the events went on just like it has been scheduled on the agenda. As much as Sehun didn't want to be here in the first place, he was occupied for the first few hours with his friends doing their own things, having fun in their own way. But only for first few hours, before each one of them went to hang out with their dates later, making Sehun thought that no wonder Tao has been so determined to get a date this year and laugh by himself.

'Alone?'

Sehun's eyes flickered to the lad who joined him at the side watching couples gracefully dancing to the slow rythm in the middle of the hall. 'You're alone?'

'A bunch of Gong Jaeeun didn't make me that much interested the other day.' Kyungsoo remarked making Sehun looked down chuckling to his statement because he couldn't agree more to that. 'I'm worried about him.' Sehun followed Kyungsoo's gaze on Chanyeol and Mina, chatting with each other by themselves. 'It doesn't seem right.' Kyungsoo continued.

'What is it?' Sehun asked for more.

'He barely get hang of himself and suddenly he's cool enough to be with Mina? She looks serious though with him. Who could have known? Maybe she is.'

'She couldn't be. She has guys all around her.'

'That's the exact same thing we could say about Chanyeol.' Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows. 'They're just hurting each other. He should get over Haneul. Now he's just making everything even more complicated.'

'You think it's his fault to begin with why he's like that?'

'No one is at fault. I just think he should learn how to accept. That's for his own good anyway. For everyone too.'

As much as Sehun convinced himself with Kyungsoo's answer that it's nobody's fault, he can't help thinking Kyungsoo would have reacted another way round if he knew the real situation. Even if he said he wouldn't, he still would have been disappointed in him. Like what people say, it's easier said than done. Unless it really happened, he couldn't figure out how they are going to react towards this. And last time he heard what Chanyeol said back in the cafeteria. he obviously expected Sehun to tell them. Leaving the big burden on him, but at the same time he was relief as well that he didn't tell them.

'You guys should stop doing this to me.' Chanyeol snickered, looking half drunk.

'Maybe you should stop acting like it's the end of the world, then we'll put off this whole facade.' Jongdae spoke, receiving a smack from Suho, mouthing 'are you crazy?' with a glare that Jongdae didn't wavered by at all. 

'He's drunk, don't listen to him. You know, we're just really concern about you.'

'Talk to us out so we could do something about it.' Baekhyun pulled out his tie and ed a few button up on his shirt. It was weird though that he even kept it from Baekhyun, who he shared everything with. Does Chanyeol that determine to let them hear it from him?

'Maybe stop pitying on me, then you would make me feel a lot better.'

Sehun shook his head while letting the alcohol flow into his body, uncomfortable when the topic hits to the roof once again. Chanyeol was right.  What could be better than treated someone like how they always used to? That could  distracted him away from what he already had in his mind and they didn't have to keep remind it of him. Not only Chanyeol but to Sehun as well. 

'You're drinking more than usual tonight, Sehun.'

 

 

Haneul plopped herself on her beddings after she grabbed her ice cream from the fridge in the kitchen, starting on her drama marathon. She already planned not to move anywhere when she's already done getting herself ready for bed straightaway after watching a few episodes tonight. She dragged the cursor to the play button as she lied on her stomach with ice cream in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter