Chapter 16

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'How did they make those green slimes?' Haneul muttered sounding more like talking to herself.

'They probably bought it.' Sehun answered the question while staring at the beer bottle in his hand looking bored.

'People sell those kinds of stuffs?' Haneul jerked up looking at Sehun.

'How would I know?' Sehun replied, with feigned annoyance.

They have been sitting at the steps in front of the building for over half an hour talking. None of them seemed to have the urge of going in the building even though it's already past midnight. Haneul has dozed off a few times without realizing, not sure because of the tiredness she had gone through tonight or maybe she was a little bit fizzy from the drinks.

'No thugs running after you ever since the other night?' Sehun spoke up changing the topic.

'Fortunately no but I guess they probably would find me anyway soon. These people are really good at tracking people down.' Haneul answered.

‘How did you know?' Sehun asked wondering if it wasn't the first encounter she had with those men.

'I watched movies. Those characters in the movie are always like that.' Haneul replied innocently making Sehun quietly chuckled at her answer. This girl seemed to never stop fascinates him.

'Aren't you scared?' He continued to ask.

'I am but what can I do? I don't have money to pay them back. They probably could have scam me and use my dad's name.' she sniggered. 'I always thought of that because I know my dad isn't that type of person but it doesn't make sense right?' Both of them stared into each other's eyes and none of them seemed to look away, not feeling awkward at all by each other. 'I trust him but I can't help to have doubtful thoughts about him nowadays.'

'Sometimes, situations turn people to be someone they are not. Even if he ever did something like that, there must be a reason why.' Sehun replied. He always had the right thing to say that would make anyone think of it back for a second time. For everything. And sometimes Haneul wonder, how much has he gone through for him to be thinking that way?

'Like Soojin?' Haneul asked.

Sehun frowned. 'No. Why are you trying to put her in the same situation as your dad?' He asked back in disbelief.

'It's true. If I didn't start talking to Chanyeol, none of this would have happen. Maybe Soojin wouldn't be like who she is right now.' She sounded nearly like a whine.

'Just because she isn't what she is before anymore doesn't mean you can say she has changed. Maybe she was like that from the start and you're just starting to see that now.' Sehun shot back.

Haneul looked away and she swallowed in feeling like tears starting to flow out again. How much she wished that none of these ever existed and this was all just a dream. She was happy before just by having her dad and Soojin around. She doesn't need the popular guy in campus to be talking to her. She doesn't need a lot of people to know her. She likes her life the way it was before. Now, even though she has Chanyeol to talk to, nice colleagues around and Sehun who she sometimes bumped into and as well as Hani who she just knew, she wasn't close to any of them that she felt so tightened inside because she can't let out what she comfortably did to Soojin and her dad.

'It's weird, I'm used to being alone yet now I'm feeling really lonely because I have no one beside me.' She said in a shaky voice.

'You do know that you’re talking to the wrong person right?' Sehun remarked.

'What do you mean? You're not alone. You have so many good friends around you, who back you up and defended you when trouble hits you. They care about you a lot. Just because you lost your parents doesn't mean you don't have a family. They're your family, can't you see?' Haneul looked quite fury while pointing out her points.

Sehun didn't move his gaze from the said girl even though she looked away again sipping through her drink from the bottle. 'I back you up back there, didn't I?' That remark changed Haneul's expression right away and she slowly turned her head facing Sehun. 'You owe me big this time seriously.' He continued while shrugging his body purposely to make Haneul looked at the stains on his shirt.

The thin line of Haneul's lip slowly curved into a soft smile making Sehun stunned for a second feeling unusual down to his stomach. It was not the first time she saw her smiling like that but the fact that what he said makes her like that somewhat left him stunned. He always saw Chanyeol used to have that impact on her whenever he said something. But it has never occur to him.

'So, I guess you want something in return?' Her voice sounded playful. 'Fine, I'll do-how about a request? Anything. I'll try to work it out.' She continued.

'A request?' Sehun emphasized 'a' in disbelief. 'I did so much to just receive a request.' He complained.

'You're always not satisfied with what I'm trying to do.' She whined. 'What do you want now? A million won?' Her eyebrows creased while groaning. 'Why are you asking so much from a person who has nothing like me?'

'That's not what I intended to say-'

'Fine. Take it or leave it. This offer is close in 5, 4, 3-'

'Okay, a request!' He said louder than Haneul's voice.

The place was so quiet making even the sound of the wind visible. The bicker they had probably echoed along the street since they're the only two persons left awake in the area. Haneul stood up after compiling the trash they made into the plastic bag getting ready to walk in.

'I didn't say I promise I can do anything for you but I'll try to work it out. Think of a request and then you can tell me.' She said nonchalantly.

Sehun's eyes widened at what he heard. Is she trying to fool him right now? 'Yah, you said-'

'Goodnight Sehun.' She cut him off while smiling before leaving.

The next morning, Sehun came out of his bedroom heading to the kitchen for a glass of water. With his messy bed hair and eyes barely open, he realized something unusual by his door. He walked towards the door and picked up a small note wondering what that is while yawning.

Good morning~ I didn’t get to say thank you to you last night, so THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I got milk for you. It wasn’t much but it’s the thought that counts right?

Sehun’s lips curved slightly while reading the note in his hand. He opened the door meeting a small carton of milk right in front of his apartment and he crouched down taking the milk up. Sehun can’t help but ended up smiling while staring at the carton around like he has never seen one before.

‘You’re up late.’ A soft voice chimed making Sehun suddenly stiffened up at the voice and his face changes in split second back to his normal emotionless state while clearing his throat. He stood there looking back at Haneul who is smiling brightly looking like she is yesterday morning.  ‘I put that about two hours ago so I think you need to put it in the fridge for quite a while to really enjoy it.’ she continued.

‘Okay.’ he answered shortly before he shut the door without notice. He ruffled his hair in frustration for not knowing how to face Haneul and for the thought that he might look like a complete idiot with his bed hair and sleepy face.

Haneul blinked in surprise at the sound of the door shutting. What the hell? At least greeting her back with ‘good morning’ wouldn’t be so bad. She shook her head in displease while taking her keys in her pocket.

The sound of the door clicking open made Haneul glanced to the back to see where that sound came from. ‘Anyway thank you, Haneul.’ Sehun murmured before closing the door back.

There’s still manner left in you, I guess. Haneul chuckled lightly while staring at the close door of Sehun’s apartment before going into her apartment. She hummed one of the songs from the playlist and singing to the line that she remembers of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter