Chapter 38

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There's a line people always heard when they watched romance movies or novels. The line that have made people wishing to feel for it for real. Like how the girls were imagining to wish to have a man saying that to them someday, it's just same for the guys to say the exact words to the girl they love one day. To Sehun, that one day has come. When he felt the silky long black hair tickling his features and another body that was wrapped around his arms, he had it inside his mind. That how wonderful it is to wake up to the sight of her every morning. 

A ring was heard throughout the room stirring both of them in their sleep. Sehun knew it was the sound of his phone but too lazy to move, he didn't even make an effort to answer. Tightening his grasp around Haneul, he felt Haneul his arm that was around her as he leaned his head against Haneul's shoulder. Slightly opening her eyes to see the lights coming from the window indicating that the sun has risen, Haneul asked where does that sound came from.

'Then go answer it.' she murmured after Sehun said that it was just the ringtone of his phone.

'I don't want to.' he replied lowly, with his eyes still closed behind her back.

Haneul chuckled lightly and let him be. The sound died down a few seconds after that. But they couldn't retain the peacefulness for so long as it started ringing back again causing Sehun to gave up and groaned while he was getting out of the bed. Sehun searched for his phone inside all the pockets available on his pants before answering. He rolled his eyes with a sigh when he saw the caller ID. It's Jongin.

'What do you want?' Sehun bluntly asked.

'What do I want? You're kidding me? Yah, you better get your here before Luhan found out that you missed his match for half an hour already and kick your for good.'

Match? . Sehun totally forgot that Luhan had a soccer match today against another university's team.  His mind suddenly turned to a mess when he tried to figure out on how to get there fast and reasons his friends to slip him off. How can he forget? Jongin was babbling on the other line together with few of his friends joining in, scolding him for being so late.

'Give me 15 minutes.' he said, tilting his head towards his shoulder to secure it as he rushed, putting his pants on. 'I'll get there in 15 minutes. I promise.' he continued, now putting his shirt on. When he hung up without even hearing Jongin's reply, he saw Haneul sat up on the bed under the blanket, covering from head to toe, having only her face in sight. He can't help but smile, looking at how adorable she is with her half awake face wondering what's wrong with him. 'I need to go.' he said.

'Already?' she slightly pouted.

Sehun mimicked her expression while nodding and hummed at her response. Resting a leg on the bed to get near her, he replied 'Luhan has a soccer match today. My friends are all there to support. So I'll see you later after I'm done?'

Haneul softy smiled and nodded as a response. 'Give me a call, alright?' 

'Alright.' he replied while admiring Haneul's face for the last time and pecked her before leaving.

'I really want to walk you down but it's going to take a little while as you can see.'

Sehun chuckled. 'I can manage that on my own.' he said as he's done putting his shoes on and moved to the door.

'Anyway, I love your shoes. It's beautiful.' she chimed while smiling sheepishly.

Sehun just chuckled and waved for the last time before he got out of  her sight. The room got so quiet when she was left alone. She can feel the emptiness but that didn't make her upset because she knew this time around, it won't hang around for long like how she used to go through before. Getting her day started, she washed up and tidied her things that was out of its place as she made her way to the kitchen. Her movements stopped when her eyes caught the sight of the cute little plushie Sehun got from his attempt last night. And she saw the bear she got from Chanyeol long time ago in the bin near the cupboard. Aish, this guy...

'Luhan enjoyed playing the machine. I wasn't even a fan of plushies but when seeing him looking so happy and satisfied at his achievement every time, I became to like it. He's not like Sehun, grumping about it all the time. That is so uncool, you know.' Hani jerked her head to Sehun at the latter part.

Sehun ignored her remark, didn't shot her with one of his mean response to get back to her. Haneul guessed Sehun must have sense that Hani was not in the place to joke around like how they were before and she was acting that way because she didn't want to dampen their atmosphere. 'Then, how about you make up back with Luhan?' Haneul convinced.

Hani pouted, hands crossed. 'You're pushing me away too? Of course, you don't need me anymore now that you have a boyfriend.' she muttered.

'That's not what she-'

Haneul signaled her hand for Sehun to stop. 'That's not what I meant. You're making me feel bad. How long do you want to go on like this?' she said softly.

'You always said that I have tens of girls lining up wanting to date me. In case you forgot, Luhan is no different.'

'You're saying if there's no me, then there are other girls?' Sehun nodded nonchalantly to her question and she sniggered in disbelief. 'You're saying that I'm at loss now?'

'Unless you are actually have no intention of getting back with him, you are at loss.' Sehun left Hani speechless, walking ahead before both of them casually with hands in pocket. Haneul groaned and tried to stop them from continuing with this little bickering but Hani snapped.

'I hate you, Oh Sehun!'

That's what brought her here standing in front of the entrance to those chaotic sounds from inside. 'You're here.' 

Hani turned around to the voice and saw Sehun smirking in her way. He must have been so proud that he managed to get her came here after he texted her about the match. 'What are you doing here? The game is going on.'

'I'm going in. You should too. You're his so called lucky charm, aren't you?' he stated. When Hani seemed not to work on any sentence to reply him, he continued 'Just go so that I could brag to him that I'm the one who made you showed up. I'm trying to be a good friend here.'

'Tch, good friend my .' Hani mocked. 'Fine, I'll be your good friend too.' she said as she slowly made her way inside. 

'Since when you're my friend?'

'Since forever.' she smiled, showing her teeths. 'Sehun.' she called, catching his attention and he nodded to her call. 'I like seeing you like this. Seeing you and Haneul together, I'm happy for you. You deserved it. You better treat her right. I don't share my precious with just anybody.' she said snobbishly before turning around and walk straight inside.

'Who's sharing who, this girl. If it's not for me, she wouldn't have known Haneul.' he murmured to himself.

Sehun grabbed some snacks from the food booths outside since his friends decided to punish him for being late. As well as to avoid for being trap from lots of questions coming when they were doubting about his whereabouts last night. Jongin smiled slyly while smacking his shoulder when he didn't buy Sehun's word for saying he's from his own apartment. 

'Isn't that the same clothes you wore yesterday?' That's when Sehun sighed, giving up from being upset that they were ordering him around and volunteered to buy snacks straightaway. And that's how he happened to meet Hani standing in front of the entrance.

'GOAL!!!!!' They screamed when their university's team scored another goal at the last minute of the match. The guys were the most chaotic among the spectators, enjoying the same joy Luhan probably felt in the field.

'Luhan scored that! Luhan scored that!' Minseok shouted while they were jumping all over the place, feeling proud of him.

'That's my man!' Chanyeol screamed while pointing his finger to Luhan when Luhan was facing them who were standing against the balustrade, away from their seats.

'My friend who scored that last goal. My friend.' Baekhyun boasted to the people nearby them while pointing from Luhan to him. 

Sehun looked up towards the back and he saw Hani smiling delightfully and probably moved, proud of what Luhan had achieved. All of them knew soccer meant so much to Luhan but Hani knows that better, of how deep soccer meant to Luhan more than any of them. And that's why she is here today.

'I saw her.' Luhan spoke when they met after the game is over, heading to the diner they used to hang out to celebrate Luhan's victory. 'She was really here, right?'

'Yeah.'

'Thanks, dude.' he smiled.

'Don't thank me. Haneul softened her up.' Sehun muttered.

'Yah, call Haneul to come and join us.' Baekhyun interrupted.

'Yeah, inroduce her to me. I want to meet her. Moreover, Hani wouldn't be joining us right? I don't want to be the only girl wiith you guys. I better head home if it turns out that way.' Baekhyun's girlfriend said from his side. Baekhyun raised his eyebrows signaling Sehun to do something. He kept mouthing 'call her now.' when his girlfriend wasn't watching.

Luhan slightly chuckled at Baekhyun's desperation and Sehun didn't react to Baekhyun's action, showing no absolute interest in him. He kept his straight face and muttered boringly 'I don't know. I'll think about it.' he nonchalantly brushed his hair back, looking ahead towards where they were heading.

 

 

A deep inhale and exhale. Haneul can't seemed to find the right pace to breathe when she arrived at the diner Sehun called her to come. She knew it would work if she said clearly to Sehun about her worries meeting up with his friends but she didn't have the heart to turn him down when he sounded so hopeful. Here she is, feeling uneasy in the pit of her stomach when she saw the whole group chatting inside the diner from outside.

'You won't find me there since I'm here.' Haneul jumped a little when she turned her head to the presence she felt, only meeting Sehun's face centimeters away from her. She was about to smack Sehun in frustration but Sehun reacted quickly enough to avoid that. 'You're getting violent now, huh?' 

'I nearly died here and you just have to make it worse, do you?' she frowned.

'What are you so scared about the bunch of dorks in there?'

'Easy to say for you since they're your friends.'

'It's not like you did anything wrong to them. They should be the one nervous to meet you.'

'But there's a lot of them.'

On the other side, Exo realized that Haneul has arrived. They saw the interactions between Sehun and Haneul outside, wondering why they are standing outside and not coming in. Watching the couple as if it was some evening soap operas on tv, they were focusing on both of their actions. When they sensed that they're coming in then, they immediately turned their sight around and created some random conversation.

'Sehun really didn't know how to take a chance.' Jongin commented lowly alongside with others' comments on random things that pops up, indicating to how they look so close to kissing but they didn't.

Everyone acted surprise when they saw Sehun and Haneul's steps were near to them as if they just realized they were there. Chanyeol is the first to chime loudly, greeting Haneul but others keep themselves quiet and stared at both of them.

'Let's do the tradition. Formal introduction.' Yixing spoke up.

'What are you talking nonsense about? All of you know Haneul already.'

'This is different,'

'You guys are embarrassing me.' Sehun hissed lowly. Rolling his eyes while sighing heavily, he ended up doing what his friends wanted. 'Haneul, this is Exo. Exo, this is Haneul. My...girlfriend.' 

'Haneul, nice to meet you!' the shouting started.

'Haneul. What a beautiful name.'

'This is the exact Sehun's style.'

Haneul can't help but laugh in amusement when she saw how his friends acted like they just knew each other. They were clearly wanting to put everything behind and started fresh. And now, she wanted to do the same too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter