Chapter 21

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Me?’

Haneul asked in disbelief. She was absolutely surprised at what she heard right now. Why is he so angry at her? She was just asking what she heard from what Sehun muttered earlier. Is that so wrong? This guy really knows how to get on her nerves. Haneul was so sure she was not wrong at this.

‘What did I ever do that you got so angry? I just freaking sat here, Sehun!’ she snapped.  Her forehead had a deep crease showing how frustrated she is. This was supposed to be a good meal. But because of his stupid attitude, everything went wrong for no reason.

Her statement left Sehun in total shock. He was as if just realized of what he had done. The next thing he saw, Haneul held on her bag tightly securing it on her shoulder and dashed out of the tent towards the bus stop they came from earlier.

She walked angrily without a thought of looking back to see how Sehun would react. She was upset. Really upset. She was disappointed in him actually. Disappointed for some apparent reason, she actually wasn’t sure of what it is.

A strong force jerked Haneul backward making her completely face Sehun who didn’t look calm either. ‘I told you not to leave!’ he yelled. ‘Who do you think I am that you could leave me as you like? Are you going to make me eat that all by myself after humiliating me?’

‘I am?’ she pointed to herself in disbelief while snicker mockingly. ‘You are unbelievable. I can no longer stand with you. You can be whatever you want to be, I don’t care anymore.’ She took her hands away from Sehun and signaled as if she gave up with him.

Sehun’s tighten face from fury loosened a little at what she said. ‘Why do you care so much?’ he asked, his tone has gone to how he normally sounds.

‘I don’t know. I don’t know why I care so much and keep expecting too much from you.’ she said sounding shaky. She can never yell, that soft tone of hers somehow gave in to her frustration. ‘It’s just frustrating and disappointing. I have so many things bothering the hell inside of my head, and you, are the least I want to care about of.’ She finished off and turning back around leaving Sehun alone.

Haneul was completely fine awhile ago. To be honest, she was looking forward to what they’re going to eat since Sehun recommended it, and seeing that Sehun rather go all the way here instead of dropping by the cart bar along the way to their homes, this seemed to be worth tasting.

But unfortunately, the grumpy side of him decided to be kicking in right at the moment. And when he’s acting grumpy like he is now, he’s spreading some of it to other people and soon ruined hers too.

‘I should have just gone home and sleep.’ She murmured to herself still feeling pretty much pissed with him.

Why can’t he be more like Chanyeol? That sudden thought flashed through her mind. Yeah, maybe they would have a wonderful meal if he was calmer and cool instead of being passive all the time. But that was too much to ask for. Sehun’s character was like a complete antonym to the character of Chanyeol.

Yes, she can’t deny that.

Did I sound too harsh to him? She pouted when a glimpse of guilt washed over her. She shouldn’t have said things like that. She was sounding quite judgmental, wasn’t she? All individuals have their own character and saying that someone is bad based on how they usually act, that’s wrong.

When she tried to look back at it, despite all the harsh things Sehun ever spat, he’s always the type who did nice deeds without even mentioning.

The type who did it quietly without wanting anyone to realize.

And he hates people mentioning it.

Haneul couldn’t hold her smile at the thought of that. Sehun is a guy who has so much pride in him. He hates people went complimenting about how nice he is, since he probably would have taken that more like teasing. She can totally imagine how he’ll get worked up and flustered at the same time.

Now she’s the one acting bipolar. Blame her hormones.

 

 

‘Look at it.’ Hani whined asking for Luhan’s attention to help her solve the question she’s having hard time with.

‘It must be careless. Try to do it again.’ Luhan replied. ‘Now move, I’m trying to read here.’ he pushed Hani’s book that is blocking his sight to his notes.

Hani let a loud huff and she crossed her hands in dissatisfied. ‘What’s the point of us having a study date when you’re being a complete no use to me right now? This wasn’t any much different than I’m studying all by myself.’

‘I’m no use?’ Luhan asked in disbelief.

‘What I meant is,’ she couldn’t find any words to it. ‘How about you go get me a reference book? Pretty please.’ She begged cutely.

Sehun who sat right in front of them groaned quietly at the sight of these lovebirds arguing over stupid matters. Is this how stupid people could go down to when they’re in love? Luhan was so much different when he knew him back then.

‘You already did it right. It must be some mathematical mistakes, this is how we calculated the equivalent resistance for the whole circuit!’ he explained. Hani pouted, still insisting Luhan to get a reference book for her. ‘Don’t you believe me?’ he asked.

‘I want to believe you but you’re not Newton, baby.’ Hani replied making Luhan completely gave up at the end.

Luhan stood up giving in to what Hani wants and she smiled widely while muttering ‘I love you’ happy that Luhan listen to her. ‘Come here. Let me give you a kiss.’ she said while waved her hand asking Luhan to come to her.

Luhan chuckled at his girlfriend’s cute act and leaned in. ‘You guys are so annoying. Don’t you have any other things to do other than kissing?’ Sehun groaned. ‘And what does Newton got to do with resistance anyway?’ he continued frustratingly.

Hani frowned at Sehun’s remark totally distracted from what she’s intending to do. Luhan ignored Sehun and gave a chaste kiss to his girlfriend. ‘It’s Ohm actually, baby.’ He whispered while chuckling before walking to the book racks of the Physics’ section.

‘Wait until you got yourself a girlfriend and you know what I’ll do to you.’ she threatened Sehun. ‘Can’t you just leave us alone?’

‘Yeah, I’m about to leave anyway.’ He nonchalantly said while starting to pack his pens into his case and close his book.

‘Luhan.’ Hani annoyingly raised her voice making some of the students around them groaned at the noise she made for not following the rules in the library.

‘You’re so loud.’ Sehun muttered when he realized that few students were glaring at their way.

‘Sorry, I’m not Haneul.’ She sang teasingly.

Sehun’s expression tightened at the sound of her name. What is Hani up to? Is she going to lecture him about how he is not supposed to get close to Haneul like Luhan did? Because he’s tired of listening to that. He’s not going to care about it anyway. Why would he waste his patience listening to things that he wouldn’t want to bother with?

‘I can’t believe you gave away those kimbap that my best friend has put every single effort in making it beautiful for you to other people!’ she scolded. ‘If Haneul didn’t tell me about it, I wouldn’t have known.’

‘I don’t like her.’ he reasoned.

‘At least, eat it all. It’s not like you’re tied to her if you did a little act of nice to her.’ she rolled her eyes.

‘She ate one and stopped when I told her about it. What happened to others? It all ended up in the trash bin.  Isn’t it better that I gave it to her since she likes it? But no, she also thought the same way like you are. I don’t get her sometimes. I tried to be nice to her all the time yet, everything I did seemed so wrong to her. And all she did is just let her anger all out on me like I’m some kind of her punching bag.’ He let out his frustration that he has been keeping inside of him.

He felt bad. After the argument they had, he can’t help but think if Haneul is already okay with him or not. He knew that wounds heal with time and that’s all he’s been doing now. Letting time healing her. But now, he’s the one who has not been in peace wondering when will it be over.

‘Why is she so angry with me? I’ve never seen her acting like that with Chanyeol. Does she like Chanyeol that much?’ he asked.

Hani was surprised at Sehun’s outburst but she managed to keep herself composed. ‘Have you apologizes to her?’ Hani hesitatingly asked. ‘Knowing Haneul, apologize would be enough. She doesn’t seem the type who asks for much.’

‘A “sorry” wasn’t that hard to say, you know.’

Sehun remembered the time that Haneul had mentioned about that last time. When he snapped out of his own thoughts and looked ahead, he saw a sheepish grin plastered on Hani’s face. He knew where this is going to. He should leave now. Before Hani started being nosy, he should leave from this place. Making sure that she’s away from him. Far away.

‘Oh, I suddenly remember that I have a club meeting at 3:30.’ He looked at the time on his phone. ‘I should leave.’ He quickly said and rushed out.

‘Club meeting?’ she frowned, wondering when did Sehun ever participated in a club.

A book slammed on the table made Hani flinched in shock at the sound. Her eyes move from where Sehun walked out of the library to the wonderful sight of her boyfriend that people had always said how blessed is she. Yeah, I am blessed. I must have done something great in the past life. That’s what sometimes came to her mind when she heard people said that.

‘Sehun just went out saying that he has a club meeting in ten minutes.’ Hani stated.

‘Huh?’ Luhan tilted his head to the side. ‘That guy has never gone to a club meeting before.’ He laughed at how funny that sound. That’s the first time he ever heard that coming from Sehun. ‘He must be giving an excuse to be away from you.’ Luhan continued to laugh, only to be receiving a smack from Hani.

 

 

‘Waiting for a call?’ Chanyeol asked when he realized that Haneul has been looking at her phone every now and then checking if there is any incoming calls or messages for her.

Haneul looked at Chanyeol who was sitting right next to her. She stared at her phone and looked back to the side knowing Chanyeol must have been noticing that she has not been at ease with her phone.

‘I called my dad’s lawyer yesterday. It’s been four months since my dad was away so I was wondering i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter