Chapter 26

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Omma! Where did you put my socks?'

Sehun stirred in his sleep by the loud voice of Seojun early in the morning. He flinched as he slowly flickered his eyes open only to be receiving a blinding sight from outside of his window. He turned his body to the other side trying to get himself comfortable to continue sleeping but another shouting stop him from doing so.

'Can't you put it somewhere where I can find it easily? You're only making me late for school.'  Seojun continued whining.

What's this rascal big deal with socks early in the morning? Sehun groaned at Seojun's loud voice that can be heard through the big house. That guy is such a spoiled brat. He should have just search for it instead of whining. That's the main reason why he's late. Sehun ended up sit mindlessly on his bed with his bed hair and barely open eyes looking at the kid who's running like the world is going to end just to get ready for school. He shook his head before standing up heading towards the bathroom but his tracks came to halt as the sight from outside caught his attention.

Peeking his head near the window, he saw the usual old women who are always there on the field in the morning working on the tomato fields. Different from any other days, today seemed brighter than usual with the presence of the girl who looked fascinated at everything around her. She wasn't the friendly type. Her shy look was so obvious as she tried to receives the old women's excessive kindness in the most polite way possible even though she felt quite uncomfortable. His lips curled upward without giving much thought as his eyes couldn't leave the sight of her.

'Hyung!'

Sehun slightly jumped suddenly conscious with what he's doing. He has never like the idea of people surprising him. He hated it since he was easily surprised and he hates  showing his weaknesses. 'What?' he replied annoyed with the younger guy.

'Omma asked me to call you. Breakfast is ready.' Seojun muttered cautiously, intimidated by Sehun's moodswing.

'I got it. Go.' Sehun shooed Seojun while waving his hand wishing for that guy to get out of his sight quickly.

Sehun turned his head back to the window and he saw his aunt talking to Haneul before both of them got inside the house. Sehun as well then wash up and marched down the stairs to the kitchen for breakfast. 

His aunt is the first person who realized him in the kitchen. 'Oh, you're up already. Sit.' she cheered. 'Haneul, is it alright with you doing that?' she asked when her attention moved away from Sehun.

'Yes. This is nothing.' Haneul answered. She then darted to the table and put the bowls of  rice she scooped earlier. After she scooped another two bowls left, she sat next to Sehun while comfortably put a bowl in front of him. 

'You said it's been awhile since you had homecooked meal right? So, eat up a lot before you get back, alright?' Sehun's aunt said as she joined them at the table as well. Haneul nodded while smiling in response. 'Slow down, Seojun. You're going to have indigestion if you're eating this way.' she scolded Seojun who stuffed all the food inside his mouth at once before chewing it properly.

'I'm going to be late for school. I'll go now okay, omma. I love you.' Seojun cooed while grabbing his backpack leaning by the table. 'Bye, Kimbap noona!' he  waved his hand.

'Bye.' Haneul bid cheerfully back to him. Sehun slightly tilted his head to the side looking at Haneul with a judging look on his face. 'What? We already got comfortable.' Haneul nonchalantly said.

'How come you got comfortable with him not more than a day when we're- forget it, why didn't you bother with him calling you Kimbap?'

'Wasn't he adorable? I've always wanted to have younger siblings.' she spoke up, didn't answered his earlier question.

'Really?' Sehun's aunt replied. Haneul nodded back cheerfully. 'Sehun, bring Haneul for sightseeing around the town today, okay? She should visit some good places here before leaving.' her eyes darted back to Haneul. 'And stay for lunch as well, okay Haneul?'

'Seojun's mother! A buyer just came!' a loud granny-like voice interrupted their conversation. 

'I need to go. Go on, eat.' she stood up after the call. 'Aigoo, you look good in anything you wear. It doesn't look like my shirt anymore.' she chimed making Haneul took a look at the shirt Sehun's aunt lend her. 'I'm coming out now.'  she shouted while pacing quickly to outside leaving Sehun and Haneul alone at the dining table.

Haneul took an eggroll and put it in Sehun's bowl catching his attention from watching his aunt walking out of the house. 'Your aunt has been working hard making breakfast since early in the morning. You should eat a lot.' she said before she started eating her own. 'Oh, do you eat beans?' she asked.

'If you don't eat it, put it aside.' he muttered as he took a spoonful of rice and eat it. 

'That would be wasting.' Haneul replied.

'Then, eat it.' he shot.

'But I don't like it.' she shot back.

'Since when have you been this cheapskate?'

'Since I reached to the part I only have 1000 won in my pocket at some point of my life.' 

Sehun sighed heavily at her but his actions were acting completely different from his expression. Haneul realized that despite he was annoyed, his arm slowly stretch, pushing his bowl towards her for her to put the beans from her rice. Without saying anything more, Haneul  just quietly put aside the beans from her rice and  put it inside his. He is actually more thoughtful than she thought. Tch, would he die if he just accept it nicely?

 

 

Despite Sehun's annoyance that he was ordered to do the things his aunt asked him to, Sehun obediently followed what she said anyway by bringing Haneul around the town for a walk.  Haneul found the town is such a place to live in as she saw the strong community bond between the residents. Seemingly, almost all households knew each other when Sehun greeted almost everyone he saw ad they knew him so well as the Oh's grandson who studies at the university in Seoul. Of course, some of them noticed Haneul and slyly asked who she is, assuming she is his girlfriend. Sehun didn't reply much to anything they said to him, only responding by a smile politely to them.  That's the first time Haneul ever saw Sehun smiled so much, it almost fascinated her when she stares at his face.

'This used to be my high school.' Sehun spoke up as they walked pass a school building.

Haneul stopped in her tracks to take a look at the school building properly. It felt like they have stepped back into the past and now, they were in Sehun's past. It was interesting to know that this has been where he has taken the road to school and the building is where he used to spend his time studying before he got into the university. She suddenly wondered how Sehun would look like in school uniform, has he always been this way since high school, did he hang out with a bunch of good looking guys just like his friends in Seoul?

'I bet you were the type of guy girls would be squealing when you make an entrance to school? Like the one in tv?' she asked.

Sehun groaned. 'There's no such thing.' 

'Why did I ever ask such question? You wouldn't even know since you were so much in your own world.' she mocked.

Sehun mockingly snickered. 'Said the one who has been living inside her own bubble.'

Haneul pursed her lips at that. He always has something to get back at her. Sehun and his mean remarks. While rolling her eyes feeling annoyed at him, he continued talking about his past without being asked to, just like when she accidentally went to visit Sehun's parents.

'I've moved from one place to another a lot back then. I've been to a lot of school so I didn't really spend that long here. People barely know me.' he explained. 'I always regret for going through such hardships dealing with my fake aunts just because I didn't want to live here. If I live here from the beginning, my life would a little less torturing.'

Haneul didn't say anything in response, waiting for Sehun to continue telling her more.

'You know the tomato fields? I don't know how many acres that field actually was but my grandfather has left his daughters a quarter each. Before he passed away, my mom and my aunt who lives here took care of him alternately. They used to go back and forth following their turn to take care of him, so sometimes my mom would not be home for quite a while. But then, my aunt decided to leave her job and the city and moved here. I always thought maybe that's why my grandfather left them with more inheritance than the other two. My aunt owns the supplying business and my mom owns that big house. And the other two ungrateful daughters who greeds for properties actually aren't happy with that because they were older so they should be the one who own those. Even until my mom has gone, they still try to fight for it.'

Sehun's face stays on only one expression and his voice was monotonous as he told the story. Haneul actually wondered at first why he wanted to tell her about his life suddenly but she was som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter