Epilogue

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPILOGUE

THE LIFE CHANGING MOMENTS

It's just one of those days. When Haneul went to Jeju-do to visit her dad. Sehun hated that he always got upset when Haneul told him about leaving for Jeju-do to see her dad. It's her father. What was he thinking? Her dad consumed her time for only about one fifth compared to the time he spent with her. But he can't help it. That it became too empty when there's no her. Sehun looked over to the couch he's leaning against to while sitting on the ground which has Jongin lying on it, giggling quietly while his hands were fast on typing for replies on his phone. So much of coming over to hang out with him but ended up texting with a girl, leaving Sehun watching some stupid programs on tv.

'You look like a lost puppy.' Jongin stated, his eyes were still focused on the phone for awhile before he landed his gaze on Sehun when he's done with it. 'You are really lifeless without Haneul, don't you?' he had this amuse look on his face when he said that.

Sehun just sighed heavily at that as a response. How did he live before he met Haneul? He always thought of that when his days became dull without her. Like there's nothing to look forward to. But that has been slightly over two years already. He has forgotten all of it. He hated that he became depended on her yet he loves having her by his side all the time. 

When he was super free like one of these days, no texts, no calls, nothing from her. At the end of the day, he would receive a text from her telling him how her day has been. He can imagined her finally settling herself on the bed, yawning for being too tired moving around with his dad but still, she wanted to know how her boyfriend has been doing.

I went to Cheonjiyeon Waterfall today. The sight is so breathtaking. It was such a pain to get there since the bus we were on suddenly got its tire flat and we have to wait for another bus to come but it was totally worth it. 

How are you today?

There were times when he just confessed what he's feeling when he's in the mood, telling her how much he missed her or he would have just told her he's doing perfectly fine and tell her what kind of events has happened with his friends. Like Haneul always said, there's nothing ordinary for a day when it comes to Exo.

Speaking of wrong timing, his girlfriend is really good at doing that. When  he's busy at times that he couldn't even glance at his phone for a moment, that would be the time Haneul would decided to come back. He was already late to pick her up at the airport when he found out. And there's always a person that is much faster than he is. Park Chanyeol. 

He saw Chanyeol's car driving towards him as he waited in front of Haneul's place. The light from the car blinded his sight since it was too bright in the midst of the dark night but when it turned off, he saw both persons he expected to see in the car. Haneul came out first from the passenger seat and rushed to him with a wide smile on her face.

'Hi, I miss you.' Haneul said when she stood before him. They hugged before they pulled away and leave a peck on each other's lips.

'I miss you too.' Sehun replied. 'How's your dad doing there?' he asked as he still has his arm wrapped around her, with a please face to see her.

'He's doing great.' she answered. 'Let's go up.' she said and then turned her head towards Chanyeol who stood by his car door. 'Chanyeol, come on up. Have tea before leaving, okay?' 

'Okay.' 

'You go up first. I'll come right after you.' Sehun replied and she led her way up alone first as she was just so tired from her journey today.

Chanyeol followed behind on the same tracks toward the stairs but Sehun stopped him. 'You're leaving.' he stated.

'What the hell, dude?' Chanyeol asked in disbelief. 'I send your girl right in front of her house safe and sound and instead of thanking me, you're trying to pick a fight with me?' he huffed, trying to show that he's angry but with that face, no one barely knows that he's angry. 'I heard you got shortlisted for the engineering company you applied the other day?'

'Yeah, I went to the interview today.'

'That's why you missed the call. Did Haneul knows?' Chanyeol asked and Sehun responded by shaking his head indicating Haneul didn't know his current plan. 'We were just graduated a few months ago and you already got an interview, that's fast.'

'I have to get this job.'

'I guess you're proceeding with the plan now? Wow, you're doing this because you are scared of me right? This is the way you're trying to kick your rival away, huh?'

'You're no rival to me.' Sehun rolled his eyes in annoyance. 'I'm going to kick your for real if you keep playing this with me.' he snapped.

'Fine, I'm not. Don't ruined my perfect .' Chanyeol gave up while acting silly, covering his from Sehun. 'I'm leaving.' he turned around, walking towards his car but he turned to Sehun in the middle of walking to say something, only the words didn't came out. 'Forget it.'

'What?'

'Nothing. I was about to ask what were you planning to do tonight but forget that I ask, I don't want to know.' Chanyeol waved it off. 'Goodnight.' he said for the last time before he drove out of the area.

The plan? The proposal.

 

 

Haneul has never walked inside the faculty at night like this. She flinched every time there are sounds out of nowhere or shadows she saw creeps her out as she made her way to the rooftop like Sehun had asked her to. What did Sehun wanted to do on the rooftop at time like this? Haneul thought as she sighed, frustrated at Sehun's decision that made her go through this. 

She climbed the stairs as fast as she can as she thought that Sehun would be on the rooftop by the time she reach. She just wanted to feel safe. Seeing him would  make her feel safe. Haneul shoved the door aside and felt relief when she saw the back of Sehun sitting at the edge of the building while looking into the view. 

Just then she realized how the rooftop was filled with red colored decoration candles. It wasn't just a few. It seemed like hundreds. The whole rooftop was light up by the candles. After a few steps she made towards him while wondering what's the occasion for, Sehun heard the foot steps and turned around. He clumsily stood and facing her as he dusted off his pants while exhaling nervously.

'What are we doing here? It scared me to hell to get here.' Haneul hesitatingly said, not darting to her wonder straightaway even though she was really curious why.

'I have something to-' Sehun sighed frustratingly when he can't get the word out. 

Haneul, who realized it took this chance to continue. 'This is weird.' she confessed. 'I know that it's dark here but you don't have to light hundreds of candles. This cost a lot.' her eyes widened on the latter part. Sehun would usually laugh at her expression now since she's starting to babble about how much of a waste all of this is but his mind was too much in a mess to think straight right now. 

'Am I forgetting anything important?' she asked. 'Oh God I didn't, right? I did not, right Sehun? I'm so sorry. You know how forgetful I can be sometimes so I usually marked every important dates on the calender so that I won't missed it.' she babbled as guilt crept into her. 'But today is not my birthday, not yours, not even our anniversary...' she murmured to herself, looking away from him. Sehun is such a sentimental person. He remembered more details on them than she is actually.

Finally, Sehun ended up chuckling and loosened up. He can't help it. She was just too adorable. 'Why are you more nervous than I am?' he asked. 'Let me talk. Just shut up and let me talk now, alright?'

Haneul obediently nodded and signaled him to talk with her hands. Suddenly, Sehun felt his tongue tied back again. Damn, what is he so scared about? He was convinced he was fine when he felt loosened up looking at Haneul's action but the nerve came back right at the moment the silence was on between them. Plus, with Haneul's anticipated look to what he wanted to say, he shut his eyes close and planned to just say whatever came to mind instead.

'I got...hmm- I got called for second interview at this one company I applied to.'

'That's great!' she cheered.

Sehun who couldn't care less about his surroundings now, spoke like a bullet train, wishing that this could be over soon. 'I have a really good feelings I'll get this job. That position is totally mine. I'm going to work my off and impress them so they would take me no matter what and you have nothing to worry about. Nothing. Don't worry. Just sit back and wait for the good news.'

'I'm not worrying-'

'Sssh.' 

Haneul immediately covered when she realized she's talking. 'Okay.' she mouthed and Sehun started to shoot his words out like bullets. He still sounded nervous and being so unlike him but he still managed to explain it to her. Even though she still has no idea why he's talking all of that stuffs to her. 'I already surveyed this one neighborhood that is so quiet and nice to live at, the house wasn't so big, it's just a two-storey house but I thought how long more do I want to live in that run down apartment right? I'm not a student anymore and I'm starting a career, I'm an adult who's starting to live his own life and maybe I could build my own family there.'

Being the dense she is, she spoke 'Good for you? I've dreamed of that too. I'm sure anyone of us who graduated planned to have such life in future. But it would take some times for me to do that since I probably have to work hard a few years  to save up and buy myself a house.'

'You don't have to.' Sehun replied making her look up to him in the eyes. 'I might have act a little bit too soon and there are possibilities your dad might not be happy with it since he must have thought I'm still not capable of it yet. Like, how a just graduated boy is going to support his treasure and made sure her happy and cherish her more than he ever did. Still, I thought your answer that matters. That's why I'm doing this.'

'I know how much you wanted your dad to stop working and live his life to the fullest. You have been telling me how much you want to buy him a proper house and give him expenses every month and let him do whatever he didn't get to do before because he needs to support you. I know you wanted to take care of him now to pay back all of his hard work raising you alone back then. You can just focus on taking care of him and nothing else. Nothing will stop you. I will make sure of that. Not even me.' 

Sehun took a hold on both of her hands in his and slightly smiled as he stared at it. 'But let me take care of you. Let's get married, Haneul. Marry me and be mine, because I've always wanted to be all yours.' he looked up to her.

Haneul couldn't be more surprise than she is now. She didn't expect that this would be a marriage proposal. She didn't expect that Sehun would decide to marry her this soon. Of course they've joke around about having a family and made fun of each other but she couldn't even imagine that it's happening for real. This wasn't a dream. This is real. He really wants to marry her. He wasn't just saying. He meant it. That's what her mind is ringing right now over and over again. Oh Sehun just proposed her.

She had never thought that her marriage proposal would look like this. She had never thought she would be married at this age. 5 years back, she probably thought she would just live and rot all alone. That's how she was educated by her father. Living the life without even needing others. Now that she had a shoulder to lean on, the thought was just a nightmare. Life gets better as we go on. That's true.

'O-Okay.' she muttered.

'Okay? What's okay supposed to mean? There's only yes or no. I don't know which one you meant by that.' his eyes widened, frightened of the possibility that Haneul might disagree.

'Yes.' she answered

'What?' he asked.

'I said yes, let's...get married.'

'It's a yes?'

'Yes.'

'You said yes!'

'I do said yes.'

Sehun's eyes looked like it's sparkling the moment he digested Haneul's answer. He cupped her face and stared at her, couldn't stop smiling. 'Let's get married. You totally said yes. Right away.' he said cheerfully.

Their moments of happiness didn't stay that long between them as a squeak sound was heard, disturbing them. Haneul automatically turned her head to the sound and wonder where did that sound came from. There were so much of weird sounds at night in the campus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter