Chapter 20

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Are you sure Sehun is already home? He told me he’s at the chicken restaurant 15 minutes ago?’ Tao asked Luhan while they were on their way reaching the entrance of the building from the car.

‘That’s okay. We’ll just wait for him downstairs then if he hasn’t arrived. I’m sure he won’t take long.’ Luhan answered nonchalantly.

‘Yeah, the shop is only a few blocks away from here.’ Suho backed up.

Tao just nodded at the answers and obediently followed their way. They chatted about some random stuffs along the way from where they parked the car to the building and since there were six of them aside from few others who hasn’t arrived yet, they were the loudest in the quiet alley but there are some other sounds that distracted them making them lose attention to what they’re chatting and looked to the direction of the sound.

‘Is that…?’ Jongin frowned trying to figure out who that was.

Haneul ran towards them while shrieking totally unaware of the sight of the group in front of her because she looked at the back every few seconds as if someone is running after her. But it didn’t seem like a bad thing since she was technically smiling while running like a kid who just messed around with someone.

Before they could call Haneul when they realized it was her all along, a long arm reaching for Haneul wrapping around her torso surprised them the most. That was totally unexpected. Sehun snickered when he got Haneul in his grasp and knew that she can’t go anywhere away from him anymore.

‘Where do you think you’re run-‘ he stopped midsentence when he realized shadows of people by side glancing making him look up due to his curiosity and to his surprise, it was actually his friends having all their eyes on him.

His mouth wide agape to speak something but nothing seemed to be coming out of it anyway. There wasn’t any sounds heard even when he tried to say something. And before he made an effort again while totally working his mind out to think of anything that could covered up this whole thing his friends were seeing, Haneul’s touch on his arm made him snapped out of his mind with the muffling thoughts.

Haneul moved aside from Sehun with a fair distance between them. ‘Hello. It’s been a while.’ She slightly bowed and faked a smile to them.

‘Yeah, long time no see!’ Tao spoke up among all of them. ‘What are you guys doing?’ he asked with a playful tone and raised his eyebrows while smiling cheekily.

‘What do you think they’re doing?’ Chen interrupted. ‘Come and catch me if you can~’ he said in a sing song tone while reenacting the scene earlier by making small running steps.

‘I got you.’ Jongin wrapped his arms around Chen and all of them burst in laughter.

Sehun groaned watching what his friends are doing right now and couldn’t stand at the imagination of him doing that with Haneul. That wasn’t what it looked like. He was sure of that. He wasn’t out of his mind.

‘Okay, okay. Just get in, will you? Come on.’ Sehun pushed his friends to go inside the building.

‘Haneul, you should join us as well. We’re having chicken tonight!’ Tao chimed making Haneul looked at him struggling to say that while looking at her but was push hardly by Sehun.

‘Why should she join us? The chicken wouldn’t be enough for us to share it with her.’ Sehun answered instead of Haneul.

As he dragged his friends in, the others who came later arrived and now they’re the one who approaches Haneul. They are too many for me to handle each one of them. He heaved a deep sigh with a frustrated face.

‘Who are you searching for?’ Sehun heard Kris said from his back. ‘Chanyeol?’ That stopped Sehun in his tracks. Now, he wanted to know what she would say.

‘No. Chanyeol told me he’s meeting his high school friends just now so I kind of figured out he wouldn’t be here.’ Haneul answered.

‘Of course he would have told you.’ Kris replied.

‘Yah, Sehun. What are you still doing there? You were the one who rushes us in before.’ Tao rolled his eyes at him and continued climbing up the stairs. Sehun quickly followed after him when he finally got a grip of himself as he finally noticed that Tao was making a chaos because Sehun needs to be there to unlock the door first in order for them to go in.

After they have gotten in, Sehun was the last person to step into the house. When he turned around after he has close the door, Luhan was standing right in front of him with a clear judging look on his face. Sehun was just about to think that he could get away from the situation earlier since none of them made such a big fuss over it except for the earlier reenactment.

‘It wasn’t what you think of.’ He muttered monotonously acting like it wasn’t a big deal.

‘Then what is it? I told you not to-‘

‘Create any trouble.’ He silently muttered. ‘I get it. I totally get it, Luhan. You don’t have to remind me every single time!’ he raised his voice. ‘Nothing is going on between us. Can you stop overthinking because I’m sure none of what you have been thinking about is going to happen.’ he put both of his hands on his waist.

‘Yeah, if you were sane enough.’ Luhan stated. Sehun was about to protest but Luhan continued ‘What happen last time at Suho’s house was just beginning. It could have been worse. This isn’t you, Sehun. You didn’t hang out with girls, you didn’t even talk to random girls, heck you didn’t even look at any of them.’

‘When I didn’t, you asked me to go and meet girls and now when you saw me doing it, you’re saying it isn’t me?’

‘It could be some other girls. Why does it has to be her?’

‘Why can’t she?’

Because she’s Chanyeol’s girl!’

‘Why do you keep calling her that when she isn’t even Chanyeol’s girl? They weren’t even dating, so stop calling her that!’ Sehun said by letting out a frustrated sigh along as well. ‘She hates people calling her by nicknames she didn’t approve of and I’m sure she wouldn’t approve of that as well. She has a name, you know? Haneul. Haneul as in sky. Why do you have to call her with some other names when she has her own name?’ he shut his eyes and tried to gather himself.

‘You-‘ Luhan was about to say something but was interrupted.

‘Can we have one peaceful night without arguing with each other and just have fun playing video games, please?’ Jongin shouted from the living room.

‘Yeah, guys. What are you guys getting so worked up with?’ Kyungsoo who was on his way to the kitchen asked.

Sehun just walked past Luhan and followed after Kyungsoo knowing that he probably need to help the latter guy searching for things in there.

Kyungsoo opened the cupboard and grabbed a few packets of ramyun out. ‘Aren’t this great?’ Kyungsoo asked while wiggling his eyebrows. ‘Where are your eggs? In the fridge?’ he asked but went to it even before Sehun answered him.

‘We already have chicken. Isn’t that enough?’ Sehun asked while helping pulling out the wrapper.

‘Oh come on, it’s not fun to be eating just that.’ Kyungsoo replied while putting the water inside the big pot and put it on the stove as Sehun turned the stove on. ‘Where are you and Haneul came from before? The chicken restaurant?’ Kyungsoo casually asked.

‘No, I just met her along the way. I went there alone.’ he answered and dip the harden noodles inside the pot after Kyungsoo has put in the flavor’s powder and stir it up.

‘Oh. I thought she was accompanying you.’ Kyungsoo replied nonchalantly. And that’s it. The topic stopped there. He didn’t ask anything more than that. And others, they were mostly occupied with the food and the entertainment. Since they were behaving that way, Sehun just took the chance and let it slip off as well thinking he shouldn’t be thinking much about it. They were surprisingly cool with it.

 

 

What would they think of me? Haneul thought of that over and over again wondering how she has look like to Exo now. Well, not all of them saw what happened but she was sure of the story spreading so fast among them. Chanyeol probably found out as well. She hates having this sort of feelings that she wished Chanyeol wouldn’t have known. They weren’t even dating so why is she behaving like she was a girlfriend who is cheating on him?

That’s because she knew Chanyeol wouldn’t be happy hearing that. She hates hiding things from Chanyeol and she actually thought that was not a big deal for Chanyeol to know. They were friends anyway. And as someone who knew Sehun so well, he must know how Sehun is right? So there’s nothing to hide from him.

But whenever she mentioned about Sehun to Chanyeol, Haneul did get a feeling that he wasn’t really pleased listening to that. His face would suddenly gone stoic and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter