Chapter 1

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N the fonts in the italic form is the character's thought ^.^

Mr. Nam clapped his hands together trying to make the students snapped out of their own dazes. Haneul blinked her eyes wide open surprised at the loud sound and straightened herself to pay attention to the few minutes left of the lecture.

‘We have a little bit more to go, so please be patient.’ Mr. Nam chimed before he continued with his lessons.

The sounds of the students groaning in the hall were heard clearly as they heard that their lecturer was still insisting on going to teach. Haneul leaned her head on her palm which was probing on the desk while staring at the lecturer’s action in front without listening to a word he said. Her mind is too tired to digest everything inside already. She already gave up and thought of studying again the topic later at night in her room after getting some rest.

She looked to the side wondering what her friend was doing when she heard giggling from Soojin. Haneul cocked her head to take a look at what Soojin was looking at. ‘What are you giggling about?’ she asked.

Soojin shook her head insisting nothing with her hands kept on typing the keypad vigorously. ‘You should be paying attention.’ Haneul spoke as she felt frustrated over Soojin’s secrecy to her.

‘It’s not like you’re paying attention to it either.’ Soojin talked back nonchalantly. After she was done sending the text and didn't get an immediate reply from the person she was sending it to, Soojin looked up to Haneul with a smile. ‘Do you remember my friend, Mari?’

Haneul tried to remember the name if she ever known a girl Soojin mentioned and she nodded when she got a glimpse of what the girl look like. ‘Your high school friend, right?’ she asked for confirmation.

‘Yes, that’s the girl. I was texting with her and you know, she hang out with these popular girls in the campus?’ Haneul continued nodding while wondering where this is leading to. ‘So one of her friend is a friend to a guy in Exo and they were going out for lunch this Friday after class.’ She stated.

‘So?’ Haneul frowned not getting why is her friend telling her all of this stuffs. ‘Wait, let me guess, Exo is a group of guys that is popular in the campus as well?’ she guessed.

Soojin gave an unbelievable look to Haneul. She sighed at Haneul’s oblivion and started to explain to her. ‘Look at that guy over there, do you know him?’ Soojin asked randomly while pointing to one particular fine guy without answering her question.

‘Which one?’ Haneul asked back while trying to see where was Soojin’s finger pointing to.

‘That brunette guy with knitted sweats.’ Soojin answered and Haneul nodded in understanding. Even when Haneul could only stared at his side profile, his sharp jawline, his pointed nose and his sturdy figure, that was more than enough showing how much attention he must have received from that look itself.

‘No. I’ve never seen him before.’ she replied to earlier Soojin’s question. Haneul didn’t know any guys in the university and she was so sure that Soojin knew that. What was the point of her asking Haneul something that is absolutely obvious?

‘Yeah, of course. What did I expect? You’re the type who is always in your own world.’ She chuckled. ‘I’m sorry. I’m just joking.’ She continued while still chuckling when she realized that Haneul is upset with her remark.

‘Anyway, Mari asked me to join them since they’re trying to keep the numbers enough. There are like 12 of them so the girls are trying to make themselves 12 as well.’ she explained.

‘What is this? A blind date?’ Haneul wondered. She thought it was just a hang out with the guys.

‘Exactly. That’s what Mari said as well. It’s like a blind date.’ She chimed cheerfully, almost wobbling in her seat in excitement but kept herself low when she realized that she sounded a little too louder than before. ‘If I get to go out with one of them, it’s like a wish came true.’ She said dreamily.

‘Then go.’ Haneul replied while packing her books into her bag as she heard Mr. Nam dismissed the class.

‘The reason why I’m telling you this,’ Soojin said as Haneul looked around the hall that is gradually empty because of the students dashing out of it. ‘I want you to come with me as well.’ she smiled sheepishly.

‘What? No, I’m not going.’ Haneul refused immediately.

‘Come on, it’ll be fun. Just imagine if one of them likes you. It’ll be a really great catch. This is what university life is all about!’ Soojin tried to make a point. ‘Don’t you get envy looking at all those couples walking around campus?’

‘No, I don’t. You know me, I like being by myself.’ Haneul said as she stood up from her seat and started moving towards the exit. Truth to be told, she did get envied sometimes looking at the couples. Of course, she wished to be like that as well. She’s a lady and having a guy treating her nicely would be great. But at the same time, she thought she may not be ready to get into a relationship. First, she didn’t know how to make friends, especially with guys. She has been schooling in girls’ school since little so she only knew a few guys but she wouldn’t call them as friends. She didn’t think the guys would call her as their friend either. Second, it is true that she said she likes spending time by herself most of the time. Maybe since she was just so used to it but sometimes, she did feel like she needed a break from being around a lot of people.

‘Accompany me, please.’ Soojin pleaded as she caught Haneul’s pace.

Haneul stopped in her tracks and looked at Soojin with a tired look. ‘Do I have a choice?’ she asked.

Soojin shook her head while replying ‘Even if you said no, I’m going to drag you there because I already told Mari that you’ll be there.’ she smiled, her lips slightly pursed knowing if she kept being persistence on asking Haneul to come with her, Haneul would give in to her.

‘It’s going to be so awkward.’ Haneul frowned terrified at imagining how she would be like when she’s there.

‘You don’t have to worry. You have me.’ she encouraged Haneul.

 

 

Haneul plopped herself on the bed right when she entered her hostel room without thinking of taking a shower first. She hates Wednesday. Her classes’ schedule on Wednesday is so packed compared to the other days. It’s really tiring and all she could think of now is she really need a good one hour nap before starting on reviewing with her lessons she had for today.

Her phone rang while she was turning herself around to get a comfortable position to do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter