Chapter 30

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning after the drunk incident.

Being the lightsleeper Sehun is, he woke up to the sound of humming that he was so sure that didn't come from him. If he is in his room, there wouldn't be any body in his house except from him. Flickering his eyes open, a gush of pain hit his head as a result from drinking too much last night. With a memory that he did drank a lot last night, it only then occurred to him that he can't remember anything after hanging out at Suho's house. Sehun looked around the interior and albeit it was a familliar sight, this isn't Suho's house. And this is not his house either.

Looking at the girl in his arms, his wonder is answered. He's in Haneul's. In Haneul's house? That screamed through his mind when he tried to remember back how he ended up here. Imagining him looking drunk standing in front of her doorsteps in the middle of the night, Sehun can't seem to stay still at the thought of that. Haneul stirred in her sleep made Sehun stiffed for a second as she turned around, her back facing him. 

'I'm late!' Haneul sat up when she saw how high the sun already is. She literally dashed to the bathroom to wash up and got ready without realizing the fact that Sehun is watching her rushing to get ready. She heated the water on the stove and went to grab her jacket first while waiting for the water to be done but stunned when she saw Sehun is sitting on her beddings, wide awake. 'You're awake.'

'I am.'

'I guess I can leave now then. Water is on the stove, I have honey and tea in cupboard so have it before you leave, alright?' she talked rapidly while wearing her jacket and grabbing her personal things around the house. 'I'll be going.'

'Where are you going?' he asked.

'Not again, Sehun. You're not sober yet?' she frowned. 'I'm not going to fall to your 'I want to be with you' again, okay? I'm seriously late. I barely get any sleep because of you.' she darted out of the house leaving Sehun dumbfounded, not getting the hell she's talking about. 

Barely get any sleep? I didn't do anything too weird, did I? Sehun flipped the blanket away from him and he let out one relief sigh to see that he's fully attire. What did he do last night? Just then, all the flashbacks came back to him, and for a second, he really regretted for even trying to remember it.

'I, I have a dream,

I believe in that dream, 

please watch over me'

'Seriously, shut up, Sehun.' Haneul groaned when his voice were heard throughout the house. Just when she thought he already asleep, the silence stands for about half an hour before he started to sing some random songs.

Sehun quickly shook his head vigorously trying to throw that memory away as far away as possible from his reach. He must has seemed like a fool, complete fool, who's totally out of his mind in front of Haneul last night. In front of the girl he likes. He sighed for the tenth time while his crease on his forehead getting deeper and deeper. He held his head in his hands, groaning in embarrassment. 'I shouldn't have drink. Stupid,' he hissed to himself.

♦♦♦♦

One problem leads to another. If he embarrassed himself in front of Haneul, then she can't be the only one who saw him that way. Right when he met his friends at the cafeteria as usual, the question addressed was enough for him to bring back what he had done. 

'What nonsense are you talking about?' Sehun scolded.

'I saw it with my very own two eyes and heard it with my very own two ears. Do you know how much of a hard work we did to drag you into the car and drive you back home? We pretty much wasted too-'

'Hard work? In the end, you left me at the street near my neighborhood only. I was lucky enough I didn't wake up in the dog house my neighbor build outside the building.'

'You weren't at "her" place?' Jongdae remarked sarcastically. 'This girl you were talking about, the "I never felt this way before" girl, the one who you insisted not to give up, who is she? Your girlfriend? Is she a student here? Does the rumors affected her, that's why you were so upset? Because she didn't want to listen to you? You should have told us. We were so busy consoling Chanyeol, we didn't know you have a girl problem as well.'

'I do not have a girl problem!' Sehun snapped and left, walking towards the drinks section.

'You really tried to dig as much as you can, huh?' Kris sniggered at Jongdae for trying so hard.

Jongdae sighed in defeated. 'But I got nothing.' he replied. 'Who do you think it is?'

'How would I know?'

'Aren't you curious?'

Looking at the standing figure who was busy buying drinks, Kris muttered 'I am curious.'

 

 

'How do I find out which one I can borrow from here?' 

Haneul, who were so into the book she's reading flinched in surprise, at the same time shivers by the breath tickling her ear. She looked back immediately and playfully glared at Sehun who were laughing lightly, liking what he sees. Crossing her hands, she rested the book in her arms while tilting her head to the side staring at him judgmentally.

'You can borrow all the books without the tag on it.' Haneul spoke, playing along with Sehun's question.

'You don't have a tag, so I want to borrow you. Put this away.' He took the book from Haneul and put it into its place back, ignoring Haneul's grunt on saying that she's not a book in the library he can borrow. His hands then moved to his pocket, taking something out and Haneul looked down to see a brand new mp3 player that Sehun handed her. 'It didn't take that much effort actually so you don't have to be so moved with what I did. Since you said that it meant so much to you last time, I thought you might need it.'

'Thank you.' Haneul smiled widely, making her eyes barely open turning into a crescent. 'But, you said you're going to sing for me.' she flashed a look at Sehun.

'I lied.' Sehun said nonchalantly without any hesitation.

'How can you said that so honestly?' she asked in disbelief at his calm attitude.

'Well, I've always been an honest person.'

'Yeah, right after you said you lied to me.'

'You don't really dream of me serenading to you when I said that, do you?' he raised his eyebrows, a proud smirk plastered on his face. 'I don't sing for just anybody.'

'I think you would when you're drunk.' she said teasingly. 'Do you have a goose dream in here? You totally ruined the song, I forgot how the song originally sound like already.' she continued while going through the songs in the playlist.

'I thought we already made a deal to-'

'I like it.' she cut off, making Sehun forgot what he wanted to say earlier and questioned her instead. 'Again, thank you. I really like it.' even without her words, her sparkling eyes showed it all.

'Really.' Just when Sehun tried to make a step closer to her, Haneul interrupted once again.

'I have something to ask.' her eyes changes in split second after the thought hits her about what he murmured when he was drunk. 'You...don't have any problems with your friends, right? Because of  us?' she asked hesitatingly.

'No, of course not. Why?'

'No, it's just-You were saying something about them turning their backs on you. I don't want that to happen. I don't want it happens because o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter