Chapter 17

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Hani!’

Haneul waved while calling for Hani but Hani seemed not to hear her looking occupied speaking to her boyfriend. Their faces were tense. Hani seemed to be objecting with what Luhan said but nevertheless Luhan didn’t give up and stood up for his points. Why is everyone she saw looking so tense lately? Even the last time when she saw Chanyeol and Sehun having death glare on each other, the situation wasn’t clear to her yet. She tried a few times talking about the matter that happened beforehand but Chanyeol was quick at changing the topic leaving her hanging without any answers.

Walking towards Hani awkwardly, Haneul called for her name once again when their distance was  quite near. Hani flinched at the sound of her name and turned her head towards Haneul’s direction together with Luhan.

‘Haneul!’ Hani chimed, her face changes in a split second happy to see Haneul at the time. ‘What are you doing here?’ she asked.

‘I’m here to give you back the clothes I lent from you.’ Haneul muttered while handing a paper bag filled with the clothes to Hani. ‘I already wash it so-‘

‘That’s nice of you. You didn’t have to do that actually.’

‘I insist.’

Hani smiled softly back to her while thanking her. ‘How did you know that I’m here? Did you by any chance walk around the building searching for me?’ Haneul shook her head denying it but Hani still continuing on. ‘You could have just give it-‘

‘Sehun told me.’ Haneul immediately answered.

‘Sehun told you?’ Luhan asked in disbelief.

‘Yeah, we were chatting after class ended.’

‘You guys are chatting? What are you guys now? Friends?’

‘Luhan!’ Hani interrupted while laughing awkwardly. ‘Baby, don’t you have to go to your class now? I don’t want you to be late because of me.’ she faked a smile while wiggling her eyebrows signaling for Luhan to go.

‘Did you just chase me away?’ Luhan still sounded in disbelief.

‘Ah, I should be the one going. Sorry for bothering both of you.’ Haneul immediately said afraid that she might witness a fight in front of her. ‘Thank you, Hani.’ She continued.

Hani pushed her towards the back so that they were a few steps away from Luhan. ‘Don’t take anything Luhan said to heart. He’s just-hmm’ Hani tried to figure a word in her head to describe Luhan’s behavior. ‘Just assume him PMS-ing, alright?’ she whispered.

Hani retreated herself like nothing has happen before. ‘Bye. See you later, Haneul.’ Hani chimed cheerfully and Haneul waved back to her playing along with the act.

Haneul turned around and walked back to the way the same that she came before. She heard both of their voices and thought that she just made that happened between them? What a wrong timing she came.

‘You scared her off!’ She heard Hani’s faint voice behind her before they were both out of reach from her.

 

 

A day passed without any misery is too good to be true. Haneul’s shift started at five and having already packed schedule for Monday since she had class till evening was already hard enough. But despite that, Mr. Nam suddenly decided on extending their tutor for another hour with an excuse because of the upcoming test. It is a totally no point for her to be staying back since she couldn’t have been paying attention to it with a thought that she might be late for work.

Well, she has seen other colleagues came late a few minutes before and it’s not like they were receiving any punishments but she was just not that type of person. Haneul didn’t want to be a person whose people would look like she was taking an advantage from the kindness that she was given by the upper hand. This job is the one that made her still living just fine, eating properly at time, still have a roof over her head and she didn’t have any problem when it comes to buy stuff for her studies. For all she knows, she needs to keep this job more than anyone else at the moment.

Haneul sighed in frustration when she heard Mr. Nam’s voice. ‘Okay, after you have expanded it, what would you do to proceed to the next step?’ he looked over the students waiting for someone to answer his question.

The students kept quiet but Mr. Nam still waiting for an answer. ‘Anybody?’ he continued asking. Someone please just answer it and get this class over fast! Haneul looked at Sehun’s direction at the other end of the room and saw him flipping around his pencil between his fingers, not having any intention to answer the question even though Haneul knows that he probably knows what to do with the question on the board.

‘We should rationalize them first right?’ Mr. Nam answered it by himself at the end. The others agreed straightaway with what he said by shouting ‘Yes’ boringly making him shook his head at first before turning back around and continue writing the solution.

Copying every single numbers that was written on the board back into her book, the class finally came to an end when Mr. Nam announces to dismiss the class. Haneul quickly put her stuffs inside her bag and rush out to the bus stop. Luckily for her, the bus came in time and that has already saved her time from waiting.

When the bus arrived at her stop, she boarded off the bus and started to walk faster only then to find that she walked the wrong way since she used to go back home first. She turned around and bumped hard into Sehun making Sehun winced in surprise at her sudden act.

‘I’m sorry.’ She immediately said and walked pass him.

‘Where are you going?’ he asked stopping Haneul in her tracks.

Haneul didn’t realize at all that Sehun was in the same bus as her before. ‘Work. I’m going to be late so-‘

‘No wonder you can’t sit still in the class just now.’ he nonchalantly said.

‘Yeah.’ She chuckled.

‘You should have just left then.’ He said now walking to the opposite way together with Haneul.

‘No, I can’t do that. It’s rude.’ She frowned. ‘And besides, I still could make it on time so no worries.’ She laughed brightening up the mood. ‘You’re going back using this way?’

‘I can still reached home…‘ he hesitatingly said.

‘Yeah, I use this way after my shift is over.’ Haneul looked to the side making them both eyed each other.

Sehun took this chance to ask her about yesterday. He got quite curious for some reasons. ‘How’s your date yesterday?’ he casually asked. Now that he already spat the question out, he wondered if he sounded like a stalker or something. I shouldn’t have asked. He looked away while shutting his eyes in regret.

‘Good. We went to play yesterday. Riding rides, playing shooting games, it was so much fun. I’ve never been to that place before so- ‘ her voice got lower and lower at the end almost sounding inaudible.

‘Just what place have you been to before?’ he asked sarcastically.

‘You can tell that it’s not many. You know, Chanyeol said that he even made a list of places he wants to bring me to. He wants me to explore a lot of places and have fun like how he always had fun going to those places. That’s so nice of him right?’ she smiled softly at the thought.

‘Yeah, he’s nice.’ Sehun bitterly replied. Listening to others complimenting about other people wasn’t that pleased to listen to and that’s how Sehun is feeling. It was awkward and not really pleasing to hear. For once, he felt so low compared to Chanyeol becau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter