Chapter 37

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'I don't know if you still remember but you owe me a request. Remember the time when you promised you would do anything for me when I saved you at the party? Now I want to use that request.' he came closer to her, moving his hands to her arms, wishing she could see the desperation in him.

Haneul didn't move her eyes away from him at all and looked into his as he was expressing his own feelings to her. She didn't understand at first at what he meant since he just showed up of nowhere, panting heavily, begging her not to leave him. She was dumbfounded and at the same time, she was moved at how he wanted her to stay. For him.

'Don't leave me anymore. Not having you by my side is driving me insane already!'

Sehun was still pretty much working hard to catch for air that Haneul wonder how did he came all the way here. 'I'm not going anywhere though.' she murmured when she registered the presence of  Sehun in front of her was really real. She didn't know how did he found out that she lives here but she was so happy to know that he would search for her in the end. Asking her to stay with him. Now she knows she's not the only one that has been longing for him, he was the same too. 

'You're still sticking to your decision?How can you do this-' Sehun stopped his grunt and blinked for few times. 'Not going anywhere?' he asked.

'Yes.' she answered lowly, eyes rounded in innocence.

Chanyeol accidentally snorted, snapping the two of them our of their own world. He has been stifling his laugh since Sehun first came and begging Haneul not to leave him. If Haneul is really going, she would have gone. Her dad's flight is at five just now. Now is already past eight. Sehun wasn't reacting much when he said about it, who has made him ran all the way here, thinking he's going to lose Haneul for good?

'Yah, you!'

'What did I do?' Chanyeol asked in disbelief. 'You were acting indifferent when I told you the other day.'

'Just because I acted indifferent, do you think I really am inside?'

'Fine, I did wrong. I really thought she's going after her dad said that.' Chanyeol spoke between his teeth, feeling bad that he made Sehun misunderstand. 'You got what you want anyway. She's really not going.' Chanyeol tried to change his attention to what has his focus on before to let him off.

When he followed Chanyeol's hand direction and met eyes with Haneul, he awkwardly shifted his eyes here and there, looking a little embarrased. 'You're...really not going?' he asked while looking down.

'No.'

'I guess I was just overreacting then.'

'I'm heading back first, alright?  You guys can have your time.' Chanyeol interrupted and immediately darted towards the stairs.

'I'll walk you down.' Haneul spoke as she walked passed Sehun to Chanyeol.

'That's alright. I have a feeling I'm going to get beaten up to pulp if you go down with me.' Chanyeol replied while he was looking at Sehun who was mouthing something to him behind Haneul's back. He wasn't sure what that is but Sehun's expression didn't seem like he's saying nice stuff to him.

'Be careful on your way home.' Haneul chimed loudly so that Chanyeol could hear her. Chanyeol hummed as a response and when he was completely out of the scene, only the sound of the wind can be heard between the two of them. Haneul was fiddling with her fingers with full of awkwardness as she turned around to meet Sehun. Sehun's face showed nothing but straight, making it hard for her to predict what was he thinking now. 'Don't blame Chanyeol. He just found out. He just had a wrong guess, that's all.'

'Are you trying to defend him?' Sehun frowned. 'I ran out of the campus, grab a taxi that wasn't worth a dollar because the driver drives like and ran all the way to only God knows exactly where is it for over five kilometers, and now you said I shouldn't blame him?'

'I'm sorry.'

'What are you sorry for?'

'Okay, I take that back.'

'You're supposed to fight back.'

'We can do that next time. We still have a lot of time ahead of us right?' Sehun realized her voice has been sounded so tired. 'I can expect something from you since you came right? You're not here just to stop me from going and then walk away again, right?' she wanted to say more but then she choked on her sob and she let out a laugh when she knew she was being over emotional right now. 

'Why are you crying?' Sehun moved his way towards her and his right hand automatically raised, her cheek. Haneul shut her eyes when she felt his touch and a tear escaped her eyes. 

'It seems surreal.' she answered. 

It did. It was too much of an impact to have Sehun suddenly being so near to her today. Having his eyes on her, only standing a few centimeters from her, touching her, treating her like she's a fragile figure to him. Something that he wanted to take care so much. Yesterday, it'll only whether she was the one staring at his back or he would since they have the same classes and came out to the same direction after lecture is over. They would avoid each other's eyes when met and Sehun's face wouldn't even reacted when he saw her. They have turned into strangers and today, he showed that his affection haven't change from before.

Sehun let Haneul drowned in him with a warm hug, lending a shoulder to each other. 'I'm really here, Don't cry. You know I hate seeing people crying.' Sehun said while soothed her back with a slight smile on his face, liking this moment.

'I miss you.' she muttered and he can feel Haneul tightened her grasp around his torso.

Sehun's smile on his lips went even wider when he heard her. He turned his head towards her, surprised at first to hear her say that first but he's not going to stop her from doing so. She must have miss him a lot until she had the urge to say that to him. 'I miss you too. Like crazy.' he replied.

Knowing that Sehun must have gone through a lot coming to search where she lives, she invited him in after that, offering him a drink. The first thing Sehun did when he stepped in, he looked around at the homey interior. He's glad that she found a really good place to stay. He sat on the big size beanbag and looked at how everything was placed in one space. 

'This place looks great. How do you find living here?' Sehun asked when Haneul came with a glass of ice water for him and plopped herself next to him.

'Really great. If it's not for Soojin, I wouldn't have found this place. The landlady is so nice, sometimes she fed me with homecooked meal, she even teach me how to cook, her kids are so cute,' she expressed her delight. 'We play sparklers at night together. How about you?' she asked.

'Good too. All of us know each other one step ahead now and everyone realized their own mistakes and try to be better. I'm not the only one but all of my friends are. We'll get better, I'm sure, because life is a lesson. We learn from it everyday.' he said as he saw a soft smile forming on her face, showing how glad she is. 'And one more thing I learn, never give up. I don't know what fate has for us but as long as I still have time to be with you, I'm going to spend all of it by being with you.' Haneul nodded to what he said and ended up looking down, can't stop smiling.

Reminding of the earlier scene, Sehun couldn't hold himself by putting a pokerface he always put despite whatever he's feeling at the moment. Even when he left because time is not on their side, that's not the end of them for the day. They were still texting with each other, none of them seemed to want to give up and say goodbye just yet. He was grinning widely while reading her recent text while walking through the corridor to his room. He knocked his phone on his forehead and laugh at himself. He's just so madly in love with her.

'Someone seemed to have a good night, huh?' 

His phone was about to get out of his hands when the voice snapped him out of his own daze. Kyungsoo was standing a few metres away straight in front of him. 'You're not sleeping yet? It's quite late already.' he looked at the time on his phone.

'I'm about to. You should sleep. Don't stay up so late on your phone.' Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows with a sly grin.

'What are you? My dad?' Sehun rolled his eyes when he opened the door to his room and got in. 

He plopped on the bed straightaway without even changing, too lazy to do that. Moreover, Jongin has departed to the dreamland and he didn't want to disturb the guy by switching on the light. He moved himself under the blankets and got his phone back in his hands to check for the new texts that came in.

I told you the landlady have taught me how to cook. My ramyun didn't taste like water anymore.

Sehun laughed quietly, having fun at pissing the girl off by commenting at her bad cooking when she told him she's having ramyun for her late night snack. Another text came in.

I can even make broth now. Just name it, kimchi stew, fermented soybean stew...

Can you even be trusted that it's edible enough to eat?

Of course. I'm learning diligently, preparing myself for the future. 

You're right, you should. Learn hard, okay? keke.

I hate you-..-

Rather than shot her back, Sehun changed the topic to the things that was still left unsolved. Haneul didn't know that Hani is not talking to Luhan because of her. He knew only Haneul could do that since Hani was upset at how indifferent Haneul is being towards her. He was sure Hani would be fine right after Haneul meet her and hang out with her like usual. Hani is a simple girl. She hates keeping things complicated. She always said 'I have a lot more things to deal with than making everything hard to me.' Luhan wasn't one of things she wanted to have problem with. 

Talk to Hani. She was really down about you ignoring her.

Yeah, I should do that. I felt bad as well. And I miss her too. 

As he was typing in his reply, he received another text from her.

You must be tired from all the running. Go to sleep. I shall as well. See you tomorrow.

See you. Sleep well. I

He deleted the last letter he type with a sigh escaped his lips. It wasn't that hard to say yet he was so scared of the outcome. Has he been doubting on Haneul's feelings? Of course not. There's nothing wrong about saying it. He could say that all the time just to remind her, so that she knows she's always has him with her. She's not alone anymore. She will not be anymore. 

I love you.

I love you too. Sleep well.

The next morning, the aura of the day felt different than any of the days before. Meeting the sight of the lad sitting at her favorite spot in the lecture, Haneul darted towards him with a smile on her face. Her dad called her in the morning, concerning about her welfare as he insisted her to eat something for breakfast when she clearly said that she could have it after her two hours lecture is over. As if Sehun knew she would came with empty stomach, she saw a bottle of banana milk on the table and heaved a relief sigh as she tell her dad that she has banana milk for breakfast now.

'It's not like I have gas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter