Chapter 25

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daegu? What is he doing in Daegu now? How long would he be there? Is it going to be long? How could he do this to me after-

Haneul cleared when she realized where her mind is leading to. She has been tossing and turn around on her beddings trying to sleep but her mind didn't let her sleep peacefully. How is she going to sleep when her mind is so messed up and curious about lots of things? 

Sleep, Haneul. Sleep. She put her pillow right on her head not to let any lights to distract her from sleeping. But still, she was pretty much wide awake. It was not the lights that is bothering her sleep. It's him.

I'm so going to have a hard time tomorrow. Haneul groaned while throwing her pillows and blanket away from her, ended up staring at the fan on the ceiling while sighing heavily.

'Look at you, what did you do last night?' Jun asked in amusement as he saw Haneul looking miserable as ever to keep her eyes open.

'I don't think I felt this worse when I stayed up for study.' she muttered.

'You weren't studying last night?' Jun continued asking.

'No. I just couldn't get myself to sleep. When I finally fell asleep, my alarm suddenly rang. That's why I'm having headache right now.' she complained.

'Then you shouldn't have taken full shift. You can come in the evening after getting yourself some sleep.' Jun stated.

'I don't want that. I want a day off tomorrow.' Haneul whined.

Haneul moved next to Jun when she felt herself fully awake after chatting with him. She grabbed the clean tablecloth and wipe the plates together with him. 'Are you sure you're alright now?' Jun asked and Haneul just nodded while smiling widely convincing him that she's totally fine now. Taking the next plate one by one after the previous has been wiped cleanly, they were silent for awhile concentrating doing their job. Jun then cleared his throat catching Haneul's attention before talking. He wasn't used to the complete silence when there is someone else in the room with him.

'So,' he wasn't sure if it's alright for him to ask this. Haneul is a very reserved person. She probably wouldn't want to talk about it. He knew he would probably felt a little bit upset if she avoided his question after this. But it's not hurt to try right? 'What's bothering you that you barely sleep last night?' he asked.

'Huh?' Haneul perked up. 'I had a lot of thoughts, that's all.' she answered.

Jun nodded at her answer, Of course she would answer that much only. What did he expect actually? He shouldn't have started. Now it feels even more awkward. 'Of course!' he spoke up after some time surprising Haneul. 'You need to make sure your mind is empty to get a really nice sleep.' he said as the matter of fact.

'Oh, but how to do that?' she asked, her eyes almost look like bulging out as the curiosity creeps into her.

'Solve it.' he answered nonchalantly.

'What?' her eyebrows creased when she heard that. 

'I mean find the answer. Your thoughts wouldn't go away just because you want it to. It'll only go away when you find out why.' he explained.

'So I have to go all the way to Daegu?' she muttered to herself in disbelief.

'Why do you have to go to Daegu?' Jun asked.

'Nothing.' she immediately replied. Jun persisted on not letting the topic slip off by staring at Haneul with hands crossed. Haneul knew she can't get away with this. Why is there so many people that is curious about what is she thinking? It was nothing though. 'It's my friend who is at Daegu now.' she stammered, herself not sure what is she trying to tell Jun about.

'A friend made you not able to sleep whole night?' he asked in disbelief. 'What's the matter with your friend? Dying in Daegu because of terminal illnesses?' 

She gasped. 'That's not nice of you saying it that way. He's a really healthy person.' Haneul shot back. 'Can we just let this end and do our work so that everything would be done before the restaurant is open?' she took a whole bunch of  plates bundling on top of each other and passed it to Jun to get the work start.

It was tiring when there are a lot of customers flooding in but Haneul enjoyed it as the time passed a lot faster than it usually is when she is not busy. Finally, they called it a wrap at the end of the day and she mentally cheered at how relief she felt that her work is over. All she has to do tomorrow is to deliver the newspaper and milk around the neigborhood and she could rest for whole day. But as the thoughts of relaxing on Sunday hit her, there are parts of her started to flooded in with thoughts about Sehun earlier. She could have just waited for him. Why should she go all the way to Daegu just because she was worried for not seeing him for few days? It doesn't make sense. Jun was right. It's not like he's dying over there that she has to be so bothered by it anyway. Or is he? She should have just ask Hani about it instead of running away from her to avoid misunderstanding. 

That can't be. This is not the soap opera that the old women enjoyed watching in the evening. But family matters are too general, what could it be? Is he having hard time by any chance? Or could he be living just fine in Daegu when she is all worried sick here? She scoffed imagining Sehun enjoying his days in Daegu with no worries.

'Can I help you with anything, young lady?' Haneul quickly turned around alert at the sudden voice that seemed to be speaking to her. 

She met eyes with a middle aged woman that is slightly shorter than her with a boy in school uniform standing by her side. Haneul knew that these people must be nice and wouldn't bring any harm to her yet it was really nervewrecking to speak as the people in front of her is really unfamiliar. Maybe she came to the wrong place. It could be. She didn't know the roads over here. She would have actually impressed of herself if she could find Sehun's grandparents' house on the first try.

'I'm sorry but I think I came to the wrong place. I should head back out.' Haneul bowed apologetically.

'That's alright.' she muttered with a friendly smile. 

Haneul smiled back at her showing gratitude over her friendliness. The people here is so nice. She actually reached here with so much help from the people who lives nearby and the woman in front here wasn't any much difference. 

'That noona looks lost, don't she?' Haneul heard the boy earlier spoke up.

'I'm sure she knows where she's going that's why she knew she came to the wrong place.' the woman answered.

'Who came actually, Aunty?'

That voice. It sounded so familiar that it made Haneul legs stop moving on its own. She slowly turned back around as how much she just wished that it could just be him at the moment. The feeling at that time was almost to the part Haneul could probably confess at how she miss him.

'K-Kimbap?'

 

 

'My name is Lee Haneul actually.' Haneul spoke up while sitting at the table in the kitchen watching the woman whom she introduce herself as Sehun's aunt earlier. 

Sehun's aunt put the kettle back on the stove as she served a cup of hot tea to Haneul before she sat opposite of her. 'Of course, I wouldn't have thought that your real name is Kimbap.' she chuckled softly. 'I guess you're quite close to Sehun?' she asked cautiously knowing that her nephew wouldn't have like it if she is making some random assumptions on this young lady who came to their house.

'Not really.' Haneul replied.

'Then if you aren't close, I don't think you-'

'You!' Both Haneul and Sehun's aunt jerked up at the sound from the way to the kitchen. 'Come out.' Sehun said monotonously to Haneul and left without even waiting for her.

'If you would excuse me,' Haneul stood up obediently followed his steps out.

Haneul slowly mar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter