Chapter 36

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul looked around every once in awhile. She sighed heavily. It's not that she didn't want to walk and chatted with Chanyeol but sometimes she did wish for Chanyeol to quickly move to his classes. They hadn't been seen talking to each other and now suddenly they are, it will fascinate some people, wouldn't it?

'Let's have lunch together today.' 

Haneul jerked up when she heard Chanyeol. She was too occupied by some starings on the way coming to them. It wasn't obvious since most of them were busy with their own things but she did realized some. 'I already promise my dad to have lunch with him.' she replied.

'Oh, maybe next time then.' he said while rubbing the back of his nape.

'But, you can tag along if you want. My dad kind of,' Haneul huffed when she hesitated to continue her sentence.

'Your dad likes me, right?' Chanyeol asked.

'A little.' she murmured.

'I think he likes me a lot.'  he said proudly. 

'That's because it's the first time I've ever introduced him to anybody.'

'He thinks I'm your boyfriend, right?' Chanyeol teased.

'What are you being happy about? I already told him you're just a friend.' she replied, frown started to form on her forehead.

'You should have acted hesitate a little. You really have no space for me left. Right there.' he pointed to her heart. 'Yet you're still stubborn about ending things off when I already gave you my cue.' Chanyeol muttered sounding more like talking to himself. 'Anyway, has it been confirmed that your dad wants to move to Jeju?'

'Yeah. Since you mention about that, would you help me packing up?' Haneul asked hesitatingly for the favor. She found it too much to ask him to help her but it would be great to have someone lending a hand to her. 

'You're...going too?' he asked, wide eyed.

Sehun saw from afar the sight of Chanyeol and Haneul chatting with each other in the hallway. So much of trying really hard. It seemed to him Chanyeol was none different than before. Now that Sehun has no complete control over Haneul, Chanyeol seemed to get in between for his own good. He let out a disbelief huff,  annoyed by the act of  his one friend that still can't seem to give up on his girl.

'Are you going to be okay if there's another guy approaches her now that she is single?'

Another guy? Bull. He should have just said it's him. And then he realized, he sounded so possesive over Haneul now. They have nothing going on or anything whatsoever. He wasn't angry or feeling betrayed by Chanyeol actually. He was just jealous. Jealous that he can't do what Chanyeol can do now.

His study table in his dorm has been like one of the space he could be by himself, recovering from all the stresses. He had his thoughts playing while watching the sight of sunset every evening since his room was facing west. Even though he shared the room with Jongin, he still could have his time alone when he was seated there. Sehun opened his first drawer and he saw some of his important belongings that he placed there. There is one possesion that he just remembered after a long time. It was simply a hankerchief that somehow has given him strength when he was facing the hardest hurdle during his adolescent years. He could still remembered the soft voice of  a girl who was about his age telling him her own story. He thought he would find it annoying but magically, she kind of eased him that moment.

'That has been awhile,' Jongin spoke up while Sehun was staring at it. Sehun looked at him when he heard Jongin and he continued 'I guess you must have forgotten her when you started meeting Haneul.'

'I never knew who she is.'

'That girl should be proud. She has made this guy in front of me rejected tens of girls because she can't get out of his head. That is the reason why I believe you're straight actually despite not having interest in girls.' Jongin laughed heartily while Sehun yelled at him, feeling offended at his remark. 'What makes Haneul better than her? What makes Haneul better than any of the girls you see?'

Sehun's eyes didn't budge away from it. 'She told me her family are pointing fingers at her accusing that she murdered her grandfather, who were dearest to her the most. That time, I had my aunts blaming for causing their sister gone because I was being such a whiny kid, for the stupid sake of dance ritual. That's why I like her.' Sehun raised the hankerchief to Jongin. 'Without having to console with comforting words, without even knowing who she is, I felt she was there for me. People must have seen me around my friends most of the time. I have you guys around when I eat, when I study, I was never alone but they wouldn't have known how lonely I felt when at certain times, I was left alone when you guys go back to your family. The warmness of your home, seeing the sight of your mom cooking in the kitchen while nagging to your siblings, and your dad who couldn't care any less except being so occupied watching the soccer match on the tv, I already forgot how that felt because I've only watching it by the side all this while.'

'I don't know why I like Haneul.' Sehun continued as images of Haneul that he always love seeing pops out in his head. 'Maybe because she's pretty because I like staring at her face. It gives me some sort of comfort. Or I like when she's angry with me because that's the side that only I can see. She opened up to me so much that it's just her that I want to share everything with.' he slightly smiled while staring at the hankerchief. 'She is none different than me. She came back to an empty house and just sleep off all her worries. She made me feel dependable and I happen to depend on her so much too. She's alone just like me and that makes me like her even more.'

'You really like her a lot.' Jongin commented.

'It's already over.' Sehun cut him off.

'It's okay. Breaking up with someone you love, everyone experienced that. You might not get her back but you'll meet someone that is more suitable for you. It always get better. Because life is a lesson. All the regrets, things that you think you should have done opposite of what you did, I'm sure you won't repeated them once you meet a girl that you truly love. It's okay if it's not Haneul. Just like how Haneul has replaced the girl that you have been desired, that's how she's going to replace Haneul.' Jongin muttered.

'Thank you. The others might not say it so I'm going to say it myself. For thinking our friendship is important despite what they did, thank you for keep believing in us. Although you have been ignoring us, you weren't running away from us either. When I thought about future and comparing it to now, it scares me if any of us decided to go with their own ways and we'll not be complete. We shared all the good things together and that makes it better, always right?'

'You were intending to kill each one of them when you are actually have a soft heart deep inside.' Sehun remarked making Jongin flustered.

'I did that for you! No need to thank me but I even did comfort your girlfr-' Jongin covered up by heaving a sigh. That was a wrong thing to say. 

Sehun acted like he didn't heard it, covered by a slight smirk on his face. 'I'm hungry. Isn't now the usual time everyone will be down for dinner?' Sehun retreated from his seat and spoke from his bed, reaching for his phone.

'Yeah you're right.' Jongin answered nonchalantly but jerked up afterwards and looked at the guy in disbelief. 'Are you... going to have dinner together with them?' he asked hesitatingly.

Sehun hummed while nodding. 'Let's eat together tonight.' he said.

'Really?' Jongin asked, wide eyed in excitement. Afraid he might change his mind if he kept him a little longer, he continued 'Let's go. Let's go. Let's go.' 

They showed up in the dining hall in the matter of seconds with the fast steps that Jongin technically dragged him there. What is he so excited about? It's not like he's finally back from somewhere far. He has always been there. It's just that he distanced away from them because he needs to sort his mind out alone with all the feelings he had inside of him. 

'Sit.' Jongin pulled the chair beside him for Sehun to sit after he sat at one of the empty seats left. Sehun chuckled in disbelief at his friend's action and followed along without even saying anything. He realized the others were staring at him when he settled down on the seat, sitting in between Jongin and Luhan.

'It's great to see you here, joining us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter