Chapter 10

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Your noodles are going to get bloated.’ Sehun stated making Haneul looked down at her own noodles that didn’t seem to be touch. She didn’t have any appetite to eat. She picked the pickle radish instead with her chopsticks and ate it.

‘It’s been 4 years?’ Haneul spoke up.

Sehun nodded while slurping the last noodle left in his bowl. He chewed the noodles thoroughly before looking back at the girl in front of him. Haneul ignored his look but pushed her bowl towards him.

‘If you still feeling hungry, you can have it.’ She muttered.

They barely know each other. They weren’t that comfortable with each other. Haneul didn’t thought he would let her know anything regarding his parents or his family. The least expected has left her stunned at how Sehun just decided to spill all out without she has to even ask.

‘They died in a car accident when I was 18.’ He muttered as he stared at the names of his parents that plated on the tombstones. He surprisingly sat on the ground without notice facing the scene ahead of the hill and took a deep fresh air in. ‘Just listen to me, can you?’

Haneul sat beside Sehun comfortably and looked at what he’s looking. ‘I always thought if I only could turn back the time and said to them that dancing didn’t mean as much as they meant to me, things would be a lot more different that how it is now.’ he continued.

‘You dance?’ she asked.

‘I gave that up a long time ago.’ He answered as he looked back at her with a soft look that she has never seen before. This is not the guy that she always felt small when she’s with him and not the guy that she always felt she wanted to run away from him because he makes her feel uncomfortable but he looked vulnerable at the moment making her smile softly at him as if giving him support at the moment.

‘Giving up wasn’t what I wanted but,’ he sighed. ‘that’s the only way I could get away from the nightmare. I’m feeling much more comfortable now. Like this.’

‘That’s bad. Not everyone has that talent. I wish I can dance.’ She pouted. She then heard a light chuckle from her side and she saw Sehun shaking his head at her remark.

‘You,’ he chuckled at how the girl just ruined the moment with her innnocent remark. ‘If you think I would actually voluntarily say ‘I’ll teach you later’, you’re wrong. You watched way too many dramas.’ He replied.

‘I didn’t. You think way too much.’ She said in the same tone Sehun said earlier. ‘And I haven’t watch tv for quite a while already.’

Haneul picked another pickled radish to eat as she remembered the flashback from their chats earlier when they went to visit Sehun’s parents. She scanned around the place looking at the other customers’ inside the shop watching the way they eat. She somehow felt pity at the ahjumma at how much hard work she’s doing serving all the customers. That old woman seemed to be in her 60’s but no matter how hard looking at her working, she knew that the old woman is happy with what she’s doing now. The content look on her face is so obvious.

‘Have you never been to Daegu before?’ Sehun asked as he saw how Haneul eyed the environment since they first arrived Daegu like it was some kind of weird place she’s never gone to before.

‘It’s been a while.’ She answered. ‘My grandpa used to live here. I haven’t been here for few years already and a lot of thing has changed, it really fascinates me. And I’m scared that you would ditch me so I’m taking in the pictures of how the places we have went looked like if I ever got lost.’ She murmured the last sentence.

‘I’m not that mean.’ He protested.

‘You looked like you are.’ She mumbled back while looking away.

When she saw him his lips and put down his chopsticks, she just realized how Sehun just finished the two bowls of noodles really fast.

‘Do you…want to…you know, maybe give a visit to your grandpa since we’re here?’ he asked hesitatingly as he took a sip from his glass.

She did the same before answering. ‘Used to, Sehun.’ She chuckled. ‘He already passed away from lung cancer a few years ago.’

‘Oh, sorry.’ He felt embarrassed at how he wasn’t alert to what she’s saying.

‘I thought I would understand how it feels to be you but then when I remembered back, at least I still have my dad around. What you’ve gone through is incomparable to mine. It must be hard.’ She remarked.

‘Even though my mother has passed away, I never really felt attach to her since I have never met her. So all I have left is my dad and all he has is me. That’s why he never let me go on a school trip or let me study abroad since he always get a little bit freak out when I’m away from him. Scared that something bad might happen.’ she rested her head on her propping arm. ‘I miss him.’

‘How is he doing? Is he eating well there? Are the officers being hard on him? Does he feel scared in there? I’m worried but what can I do?’ she muttered as if saying her thoughts out loud to herself. That moment when she realized that she just let out all the things she has kept in her, she just then realized that they have one thing common.

They’re all alone.

They have no one to turn to or let out all the feelings and misery inside of them. They are not even frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter