Chapter 27

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'How long have you known Sehun?'

Haneul watched the said girl as she asked that question while taking the corn dogs that the vendor has packed for her to bring it to Sehun and Junho later. 'Not long.' Haneul answered shortly.

'Oh, really? Sehun is not the type who is easily get close to somebody he just knew in such short amount of time. How come you're.....here with him?' Jaekyung hesitatingly asked her. 

What kind of excuse should I give to her now? Haneul frowned when she's not looking hating the fact she has to think of an answer to give her. She should have just gone by herself if she thinks by asking unimportant questions could ease their awkwardness between each other. But looking at her actions with Sehun all this while, one could mistaken that she has feelings for Sehun. Have they always been that close? Since Haneul has never seen Sehun being close to any other girl except for Hani, it's quite hard to judge what does that look like. Plus, they have been friends since high school. Even Exo couldn't beat their closeness.

'I happen to be here and found out he's here too.' she muttered, hoping that Jaekyung would buy that.

'Ah I see,' Jaekyung nodded while flashing a soft smile at her. 'I've been friends with Sehun ever since high school. Exactly a week after he was transferred. Just like any other girls in school who couldn't turn their eyes away from him, I am too but lucky me, I'm close to Junho and Sehun mostly depended on him when he first came so I got a chance to know him.' she turned her gaze on Haneul. 'I have a crush on him. Even until now.' she confessed.

Haneul knew who she meant by that yet she still gave a question look on her face. 'Sehun.' Jaekyung answered when she understood that expression. 'I didn't get to tell him about my feelings because that time I knew he would reject me. And we won't talk to each other anymore. I kept it in because that time Sehun had a girl in mind, the hanky girl which we always called whenever we wanted to .' she chuckled. 'But after I saw him with you, I thought maybe he already got over her. Well, it's about time anyway. How long would he want to wait? And knowing that you were just his university friend, I guess I still got the chance, huh?' her face lighted up.

'Don't you think that we met on the street, coincidentally without contacting each other for almost two years mean something? Because I think it does.'

Haneul couldn't forget any of Jaekyung's words even much after she has gotten back to Seoul. She knew it yet listening to Jaekyung confessing it herself to her makes her feel even worse. While she waters the flowers on the rooftop, her mind went out of it for awhile with that thoughts. He even extended his stay because of them. Why does this thought upsets her so much?

'Here you are.' Hani shouted from the door where she came from.

Haneul stopped what she's doing and turned around, meeting Hani's face. 'When is Sehun planning to come back?' she asked, full of curiosity as she marched nearer to Haneul.

'I don't know. He said he'll be back by this week.' 

'Hah!' Hani shouted, much to Haneul's surprise. 'You can't run away from me anymore, Lee Haneul. You have no choice but to tell me every single details. You admitted yourself that you met Sehun.' Hani smirked. 'Haih, I was wondering why did you actually asked for his address suddenly....you don't even reply to my texts after that.' she pouted.

'You're the one who offered that to me in the first place.' Haneul muttered lowly.

'I wasn't expecting that you would want it for real.' Hani shot. 'So,' a sly grin formed on her face. 'What happened while you were there?'

'Hmmm nothing much.' Haneul put away the water hose and move to the cliff.

Hani followed Haneul, not going to let it slip this time around. She wanted to know and Haneul has to tell her. 'This is really upsetting. I thought we're friends.'

'We are.'

'Then why can't you tell me? I told you almost everything about me, do you know that? Sometimes, there are some things you know that Luhan didn't even know. I trust you so much.' Hani muttered dejectedly.

'I believe too much in you. I trust you so much that I'm thinking what have I been doing all this while when everything is only going down the drain?' he muttered, a glimpse of sad washed over Chanyeol's face. 

Haneul sighed heavily at Hani's childishness before giving in. 'I'll tell you.' she said as she sat down by the cliff.

'Okay, okay, okay. So, what is his reaction when he saw you standing by the doorstep?' she ethusiastically asked.

'He asked me to go back home.'

'What?!' Hani shouted, once again suprised Haneul. 'Heol, I'm going to smack his head when he get back. What is he thinking? You went all the way there to check on him. It wasn't that hard to say "Thanks".' she babbled, frustrated with Sehun's behavior. 'But you stayed though.' she hesitatingly said as she realized something seemed unfitting.

'Well, his aunt insisted me to stay for dinner so I stay.'

'Go on.'

'What?'

'Seriously Haneul, there's more to it. Tell me, tell me, tell me,' Hani repeated that annoyingly on purpose.

'Sehun,' Haneul raised her voice to shut Hani up. 'He confessed to me.' she looked down.

Right after she said that, Hani widened her eyes and cheer loudly like a fangirl who saw her idol showed up suddenly right in front of her. 'I can't believe he did that!' she shrieked. Hani took a breath when she slowly got calm. 'I guess he couldn't hold it in any longer. Being the only who likes you.' she smiled.

'You knew?' Haneul asked, sounded in disbelief. How come she knows that? Did Sehun ever seek for her advices or something? Now that she really think of it, Hani is quite close to Sehun. Maybe closer than some of his friends in the group.

'I would be stupid if I didn't know. It was so obvious that he likes you.' Hani stated. 'If he doesn't, he wouldn't have gotten himself involve with you at all. That's what he's been doing all this while, well not until he meet you though. I guess, maybe because girls are the one who keep chasing after him so he didn't care in doing the chasing. Or maybe,' Hani tapped her chin playfully while thinking. 'Ah, Luhan told me once that he has this one girl in his mind. But I guess he already got over her. Without leaving any trace, it would be miracle if he meets her.'

This is the second time Haneul heard about this unknown girl Hani is mentioning.  Jaekyung mentioned it once before and today,  Hani mentioned it again. Haneul wanted to ask but at the same time she didn't want to know about it. Like what people are saying, ignorance is a bliss. 

'So, you told him back that you like him?' Hani asked. Haneul slightly nod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter