Chapter 31

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything seemed visible and clear in his eyes when that idea hits his mind. His focus seemed to be on one thing and he can't get away from it as it kept captured his attention. Never before this, it had seem obvious about the possibilities that Sehun might be meeting Haneul. Even the rumors has died down because people didn't see any doubtful things that could add the fuel to the already flaming fire. It's hurting him more, when it made him think of them having something going on behind his back. The fact he's the only one who's hurting.

'How about Sehun?'

Even his name perked Chanyeol's ear when his friends are talking about the rest who still aren't with them yet at the table. He didn't think that far about what might happen between them after the incident. Because what he saw is already enough to shattered his heart into pieces, thinking how unfair it is for him. He has been there, working so hard to do the best for her, so that she could depend on him, so that he would be the reason why she's happy but it's not him. She chose Sehun over him. 

'He told me he's skipping lunch.' 

'I think they're going to have lunch together tomorrow.' Baekhyun told him all the details.

That's not only it. All the blurred views has looked crystal clear to him. Even when he happened to walk in front of the lecture hall Haneul and Sehun used to have their lecture at, he saw them walking side by side, having little chat within themselves when no one really took notice on them. Other people may not but he did. He slammed his pen in frustration when his mind started to dart off to what he saw.

'What's wrong?' Mina Chanyeol's arm, wondering what's up with him. 'Is this about Haneul again? Chanyeol, do you know how pathetic you look right now? A person who can't give you what you want is not worth your time at all.' she leaned back while sighing, tired looking at him who kept mourning over something that is pointless.

'I guess I'm not worth your time then.' 

'You came searching for me when you were broken. I was there when you needed me the most. What is so good about that girl anyway? Is she prettier than me? I don't think so. Is she nicer? Yeah, she is but I would call her naive rather than nice. If she live a life just like me, she wouldn't look as nice and pure as she would be to you.'

'I thought we're over for good. You're the one who call it off, remember?'

'But you came back. I thought we could work it out.'

'No, we can't. I can't.'

 

 

'Don't touch that. Keep your hands off. You're disturbing me.' 

Haneul took her hands off in reflex to the scolding Sehun gave, while slightly rolled her eyes in annoyance behind his back. On their way back to the apartment building earlier after classes over, Sehun asked her about what she would have for dinner. Commenting that he felt deceived by her 'I'm good at cooking ramyun.', he bragged off his skills of cooking after experiencing living alone here after graduating from high school. She didn't want to believe at his words at first since he hurt her pride by his comments making Sehun felt challenged and volunteered to make dinner instead. 

Staring at his posture standing by the stove, he does look like someone who's good in the kitchen. But looks can be deceiving. She can't know for sure unless she saw the dish itself after it's done.

'If you are a good cook, this kind of tiny things I did wouldn't have affect you.'

'Whatever it is, I still could cook better than your water-taste ramyun.'

'I purposely did that. I like it bland. Consuming too much MSG isn't good for your health.' she gave an excuse.

Sehun put down the spatula, reaching for carrot and took the chopping board together with a knife before giving task for Haneul to do. 'Since you seem wanting to do something so bad in the kitchen, how about you help me cut this? Make it dice.'

'Okay. I don't think it was that difficult.' Haneul said nonchalantly, getting ready to cut the carrot, looking with full confidence that she can manage to do it.

Sehun chuckled quietly, amused looking at the determination in Haneul to show him that she can do it. Proving that he has been underestimating her. But her determination only stays as determination when at the end she sighed loudly, turned her to Sehun, receiving a "what?"mimicked from Sehun who already knew what she might ask but insisted on seeing it himself.

'I don't know how to cut it dice.' she muttered with her eyebrows narrowed, upset that she can't find a way to do it.

'I knew it.' Sehun replied, proudly scooting to Haneul's spot, pushing her away making her frowning even more. 'How can you get married like this? You can't even cook. I pity whoever ended up with you. He would lose a looooot of weight because of you.'

'I can get better. There's always space to learn. If I have the will, I can do well. Moreover, it's-'

'It's the thought that counts.' Sehun continued her sentence, knowing that she obviously wanted to say that.

'Right. I always work so hard with what I do. Isn't that good enough?' Haneul said, turn around and leaned herself against the kitchen cabinet so that she could face Sehun. 'But, since I'm a really considerate person, I could just take away the broth from the restaurant nearby and said that I made it. It's a win-win situation, isn't it? It's delicious for sure and nobody would die from it.' Haneul laughed knowing how silly she must have sound like.

'Not a bad idea. I'm going to act that I didn't hear this from you and praise you instead, saying how can you get better by heaps at cooking.' Sehun replied.

'You'll believe me?' she asked, receiving a nod from Sehun in return. 'Deal.' she continued to laugh lightly, enjoying it.

There always came a thought that Haneul felt she wanted to give something to Sehun. Sehun has done a lot of things for her. Being the one receiving without getting any chances to give anything back, the urge always get into her to work on something.

'Do you realize how passionate Mr. Nam is in lectures nowadays? He kept calling on people names. I couldn't sit still in his class.' Haneul sneaked out of the kitchen for a while and saw his shoes by the door while she was on her way to the living room. She crouched down to it and rested her head there, staring down to the shoes. It seemed like he's already wore it for few years already. It looks quite worn out yet still looks nice, maybe he has been taking a really good care of it. 'Having a pair of new sneakers would be nice right?' she muttered to herself, already set that she wanted to get him a new shoes.

'He called on me everyday.'

'Yeah, probably because he knew you would say something instead of nothing. Besides, he knew a lot of people would pay a lot of attention when you talk.' She estimated Sehun's size with her hands, taking a span measure of his feet quickly to avoid Sehun from seeing what she's doing and got back to the kitchen.

'What are you doing there?' he asked but Haneul shook her head innocently. 'I'm done.' he announced when he saw her entering the kitchen as he put the omelet fried rice into the plates when it's done. Acting like nothing was going on before, she sat on the chair, impressed at how good it looks. How can he's good with this? She felt quite offended since she really at cooking. She can't even fry an egg, omelet rice was sure far from her capability. But at the same time, she was moved by his gestures and his efforts. Tonight is probably the best dinner she's had so far.

 

'His postures standing by the stove totally focus on cooking is really cool, watching it from the side. Knowing that he's cooking for me, I was moved for a moment. You know the thing, when he's acting like he had to but he actually had always been wanted to do it for me. Commenting how bad I cook but at the end saying nice things, telling he wanted to do the same because I did it, how can I stay mad at that? He said it's the first time someone did that to him. Being the first is nice.' 

'If he can keep the kitchen clean all the time, then he would look really cool.' Hani replied, giving Haneul much surprise.

'Who are you talking about?' Haneul asked.

'Luhan.' Hani answered. 'Who are you talking about?' Hani repeated the same question, directing it back to Haneul.

Only then Haneul felt she snapped out her own daze when she heard that question. She chuckled awkwardly, embarrassed by the praises she spat out earlier. 'You know the author I always talk about, the one I said I always love how he potrays one's character. That's what I'm talking about.' Haneul smoothly lied.

'What the hell?'  Hani whined. 'Whatever it is, Yerin and I are going for movie today after class. Want to come along? Let's go, hmm?' Hani changed the subject.

'I can't. I have something to do. I need to buy something.' Haneul reasoned.

'What is it?'

'Shoes.'

'Shoes? What is it for?'

 

 

Having it been awhile since the last time she went to a shopping mall, it felt good for some reasons even though she's not here to shop for herself. She has always like shopping, not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter