Chapter 11

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Aren’t you working tonight?’ Sehun asked while they were walking on their way to their apartments. He just remembered that Haneul normally would be working at night and now that she followed him to Daegu, did he just make her skip her job?

‘Today is my day off.’ She answered easing his worries right away.

Silence.

Everything got back to how it was before. Sehun rubbed the nape of his neck awkwardly as he strode on the way with Haneul by the side quietly. The silence is killing both of them but neither any of them know what are they supposed to talk about.

Blaming each other in their minds at how none of them are speaking out, all they wished for now is to settle themselves down on their bed and getting some good sleep to wrap off the day.

But the awkward moment didn’t last that long as they neared the building the both was dreading to reach and also there’s a figure that cut off the silence between them.

‘Chanyeol, what are you doing here?’ Sehun said loud enough for Chanyeol to realized his presence coming approaching him who is standing right in front of the building.

Not only Chanyeol who jerked up at the sound of Sehun’s voice but Haneul was surprised as he is to heard Chanyeol’s name muttered by Sehun.

Chanyeol waved his hand right away to his friend who called for him but his smile slightly faded as he saw who he is with. Why is she with him? He can’t help but doubt both of them since he knew they didn’t know each other. He actually came here for Haneul right when he found out Haneul is currently living here but seeing her together with Sehun irked him although it was better to see her this way rather than calling her down. Since he didn’t know if Haneul might want to talk to him or not.

‘Where are you guys coming from?’ Chanyeol asked Sehun casually but he can’t help but glance at Haneul who’s looking back at him in surprise.

Sehun followed where his friend’s eyes at and he knew right away what he meant. ‘From the café at the corner.’ He lied. ‘We were just done discussing about our group assignment. I probably should head in.’ he muttered lowly the latter part before leaving Haneul alone with Chanyeol.

Chanyeol nodded lightly at him before looking back to the quiet girl whose face didn’t change since the moment she saw Chanyeol.  ‘I was about to call you because I thought you were home.’ he spoke up snapping her out.

Haneul changed her gaze from staring at Sehun’s back walking towards the building earlier back to Chanyeol. She looked so out of it at first as if she didn’t listen to what he said earlier but she got out of her daze immediately responding to him with a small smile before replying.

‘How did you know I live here?’ she asked.

‘From some sources.’ He answered with a sly grin.

‘You and your sources.’ She chuckled softly. Haneul was glad to see him here. She thought they could have not talk to each other again by thinking of what she did last time so she was glad he actually had a thought of meeting her.

It was hard for any of them to bring up the topic. As much as they tried to pry what has happened before between them, the thoughts couldn’t go away. Especially to Haneul. She felt like the needs to explain to Chanyeol that she didn’t mean what she said before but if she told him that, wouldn’t that the same like she tell him that she likes him back? She shook her head. Things would have gone worsen that way.

Haneul decided not to care about what Soojin thought of her anymore. Or that’s what she’s been telling herself. She’s not trying to make things right anymore because she knew if she ever try to do that again, she is selfish. To Chanyeol.

The look on his face last time when he told her he can’t go on still couldn’t wash over the guilty she felt for him. Especially when she just left him there not reciprocating his feelings for her. She never experienced any of these things. Now, are they still just friends? Or more than that? Or… This is frustrating.

‘How unfortunate to be partnered up with Sehun.’ Chanyeol muttered as he sat down beside Haneul with two cans of coffee he bought from the near vending machine.

‘Huh?’ she questioned as she took a can from him. She was into her own deep thoughts as she stared at Sehun’s mp3 player in her hand that she just realized that was in her jacket’s pocket. How can it be with her?

‘You look tired. Did he being hard on you? You can just tell me, I’ll handle it for you.’ he said while trying hard to look serious.

She immediately put it back inside as she smiled softly at him. ‘A little?’ she said while showing a pinch with her fingers playfully making Chanyeol laughed at her honesty.

‘Yeah, it would be surprising if you said otherwise anyway.’ He said between the laugh.

‘But despite that, I think he is a dependable person. I guess it wasn’t so bad after all.’ She replied. Chanyeol was surprised at her reply when he heard that and listen as she continued ‘I’ve had partners who were much worse than he is, believe me, sometimes I think it’s actually an individual work rather than group. They kept giving excuses saying they have other stuffs to do and busy and all that, it was really tiring you know. I felt like they’re fooling the hell out of me.’ she complained.

‘I should have stand up for myself but I’m too tired for that. No one would listen anyway. It’s unfair when you’re the only one doing the work but your partner got the marks as much as you are without putting any effort.’ She continued ranting.

‘Sehun is a different case. He’s just,’ she frowned trying to think of a word. ‘Bossy? It gets annoying at times too you know. But he helped me a lot so I guess that covered up his annoyance.’ She chuckled at the end.

It irked him to hear Haneul freely talking about Sehun like how friends made fun of each other. Back then when they just knew each other, Haneul didn’t know anything about Sehun. And now, he felt like they can have a conversation sharing the story of how annoying Sehun can be.

He wondered that has Haneul ever talk about him like that to Sehun? Now he started to compare himself with Sehun for no reason. He’s jealous. And what’s more upsetting, now he felt like he has a rival.

 

 

‘You told him where Haneul lives?’ Sehun asked almost sounding disbelief when Luhan spat out speaking about what has he missed but when he realized that Luhan’s face looked like questioning him, he cleared his throat while looking away from that stare.

‘Is that supposed to be a secret?’ Luhan asked hesitatingly. Sehun sighed with his eyes closed knowing he caught him off guards.

‘No.’ he answered.

‘Okay.’ Luhan replied with his eyebrows still furrowed but he knew he won’t get an answer if he tried asking him more about wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter