Chapter 3

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul turned around at the mention of her name from the voice of an unfamiliar guy. She was so surprised when she met with a figure towering over her. She didn’t know how to react when she saw the guy is reaching to her spot.

‘Hi.’ He greeted awkwardly with a smile still plastered on his face.

‘Hi.’ Haneul greeted back sounding nearly a whisper as her head moving up to look at the tall guy in front of her. ‘Soojin is not here though.’ She continued.

‘No, no I’m not searching for her.’ he chuckled.

‘Then?’ she questioned him. What is he doing here then?

They were standing in the middle of the crossroad where people are rushing to cross the road. Chanyeol was accidentally bumped by some people and he realized they must have been blocking the way.

‘Are- are you going to the other side?’ he asked with his eyes wide. Haneul just then realized that he has such big eyes.

‘Y-yeah.’ She answered and Chanyeol gave her way to walk to the other side before the light turn red.

Haneul is wondering why he is still here when she already told him that Soojin is not here. If he’s not searching for Soojin, who would it be? Her? She almost laughs out loud for thinking such thing. That doesn’t make sense. Why would he be searching for her?

‘I was wondering if…’ he rubbed the nape of his neck awkwardly not sure if it’s okay to let it out or not. What if he scared her off for being so bold asking her out when they didn’t know each other?

He saw the look on Haneul’s face who’s wondering what is he going to say and he smiled at how he likes the scene right in front of him now. She is so cute. ‘if you want to have a drink with me? I wanted to know…you.’ he muttered the last part while looking away.

‘Yeah, sure.’ Haneul answered softly. Chanyeol faced Haneul with a surprise look that his attempt is actually successful. He cleared his throat to prevent himself from grinning widely at her answer.

‘So, we have to cross the road back.’ he spoke up and they chuckled lightly while both facing back to the other side of the road.

Haneul can’t believe she agreed to that actually but at the same time she felt ‘why not?’ He told her he wanted to know her and he seems like a nice guy. He wouldn’t probably has any bad intention right? And plus, she can’t deny that she still can’t grasp the fact a guy like him would even have lay his eyes on her.

‘I’m Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.’ he said while glancing to Haneul for a second before looking back to the front.

‘I know.’ She muttered and she can feel his look on her when she said that. ‘I mean, I heard Soojin mentioned your name just now, that’s how I knew.’ She shot back didn’t want him to misunderstand what she meant.

‘Yeah, me too.’ He replied. ‘How long have you been friend with Soojin? You guys look so close.’ He continued trying to create a conversation with her.

‘From the first semester. She’s my roommate and we have almost all the lectures together so we see each other a lot.’ She answered.

‘That’s how my friends and I too. We got close because we live in the same building as well.’ he said after trying not to cut off the conversation so fast. He wants to talk to her.

‘Oh, you know them in the university as well?’ she asked and he nodded back in return.

‘Four is them is Chinese, three of them came from China and the other one came from Canada while there are others who came from another part of the country.’ he explained.

‘How about you?’ she asked.

‘I live here. Right here in Seoul. And you?’ he asked back.

‘Me too. I spend my weekends every week at home.’ she replied while chuckling lightly.

He chuckled along with her. The girl he saw back then in the bistro is different to what he is seeing now. She looked almost emotionless and too quiet in the bistro that he is wondering how her voice would sound like. But now listening to her voice lingering in his head while talking to him, he grew fond to the soft tone of hers.

‘I’m sorry I didn’t talk to you earlier.’ He spoke up as they were walking while he is trying to search for the shop he wants to have a drink with Haneul. ‘It must have killed you sitting with Sehun doing nothing for whole lunch. He’s always like that. Getting moody, acting like a rebel for no reason-‘

‘That’s just how he always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter