Chapter 23

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'So, you're not going to come back?' an almost pleading voice seeping through from the other line. Sehun didn't reply anything even though he already decided on not changing his plans. No matter what his aunt said, he won't go back to Daegu and deal with his other aunts.

'Sehun.' the voice of the woman who took care of his being when he felt his world was torn apart after his parents' death called for his name making sure if he was still listening to her.

'I don't want to.' Sehun sighed while rubbing his temples. That voice really makes him weak. He has no heart to say that but really, he didn't want to face those two witches. 'What can I do by being there anyway? Sit there, listening to their so called wise thoughts and look like a fool letting them step on me? It's just worthless. If they are so desperate about it, they can have it. I can't manage that much actually and I don't really care.' he stated monotonously.

'You can't say that. That's what your mother left you when she's gone.' she replied.

'I'll visit you soon, alright? I need to go, bye.' Sehun hung up right after he said bye to his aunt. He didn't mean to look rude or sounded like one but he just didn't want to listen to any of that. He knows his aunt. What he would listen from her probably going to frustrates him more. He hates listening to her defending her own sisters who  are actually against herself as well. Can't she see what he sees? Everyone is so aware of it but why doesn't she?

 

'Do you even have a date?' Sehun heard Minseok asking Jongin as he joined his group of friends after he's done with the phone call. They must be talking about the annual dinner. The posters were up since last Monday and ever since then, that seemed to be the hot topic people were talking about. But of course, that kind of event is only fun when you have someone to spend time with. Knowing how some of them are going to the dinner with their girlfriends, the single guys in the group were a little hesitated about going or not. Everyone knows things wouldn't turn out to be that fun anymore the moment you see couples dancing intimately on the dance floor having the moment of their life by the side. Alone,

'I'm going to get a date. I'm still thinking about who I'm going to ask.' Jongin nonchalantly replied.

'Wow, great to be you choosing any girls in the campus to be your date as you like.' Chen spoke up sarcastically.

'Don't play so hard to get and just go get a girl rather than sitting gloomily like that wishing for an angel to fall down from the sky.' Jongin shot back making Chen stood up to smack the hell out of him. 'You're going for sure right?' his attention changed to the guy sitting opposite of him ignoring his furious friend. 'And you too. and you.' he pointed out. 'I need to stop asking these guys.' he sighed.

'I'm not really ecstatic about it but Hani would drag  me there anyway no matter what I said.' Luhan boringly replied.

'You're not ecstatic about the dinner but you're more looking forward to what's coming after the dinner right?' Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows while reaching out his hand for a high five from Luhan while others started bursted out loud at his statement. Luhan wiggled his eyebrows back mischievously and gave a high five back in return.

'Kris, doesn't your girlfriend has any beautiful friends? Introduce me to one.' Tao asked loud enough for the whole table to listen.

'You sound so desperate.'  Sehun who was nearby them spoke up while giving a judgmental look at him.

'Should I recommend a date for you, Sehun?' Luhan asked, interrupting them.

'I'm the one who needs a date, why are you asking Sehun only? You're being really unfair towards me, you know? I'm your best friend too.' Tao complained.

'I thought you found it weird to see me mingling around with girls.' Sehun interrupted Tao, making Luhan changed his face in split second.

'You really want me to talk about it right here?' Luhan got annoyed.

'Sehun is just being Sehun, Luhan. Don't take it to heart.' Jongin calmed the guy playfully once he felt the atmosphere turning into somewhat tense.

'Yeah, I forgot.' he muttered while still having his eyes on Sehun then slowly moving his gaze to Jongin while smirking.

'Oh, that's Chanyeol.' Chen mentioned while he brought his hand up waving to make Chanyeol realized they were there. 'Yah, Park Chanyeol!'

Chanyeol on the other side didn't hear his friends calling for him from their table. He thought over and over again of his actions. Is he doing the right thing? All he could think of was what he is going to do, that he shut himself out from the outside world. This is now or never.

The moment the news about the annual party was out, he already planned from the beginning that he would want Haneul to be his date. Honestly, he thought that maybe this thing would progress their relationship. If she agreed to go to the dinner with him, wouldn't that mean she has feelings for him? That way, she can show to Sehun that maybe it's time for him to give up and let it go. No matter how much he tried to act cool with him despite the tension that they could have sometimes around each other, he couldn't help but doubt that maybe he would lose hope. For the fact that Haneul probably likes Sehun. 

Haneul is just impossible to figure out. She acted nice to all people. Of course, she sometimes blurted out her honest thoughts aboout him here and there but he wasn't too sure about it. That could only be what she thinks but not what she felt. And Hani didn't convince him either when he met her asking her to help him keep Haneul around in the cafeteria.

 

 

'Should I go for the soft look or bold?' Hani asked while she and Haneul were having lunch together in the cafeteria. Hani is excited about the dinner. She told her about how much it meant for her because she enjoyed this type of event. Besides, it meant a whole lot more for her since it was such a memorable event for her and Luhan.

Haneul sometimes felt envy at Hani. Luhan and her looked so good with each other. They matched so well, that even some of her friends actually talked about how they are going to end up marrying each other in the future whenever they chatted about future plans. She wished to have that kind of relationship too if she has a boyfriend. They weren't the type who wanted to impress each other everyday, they were more like best friends but only sometimes they did get quite mushy with each other. But Haneul likes seeing how they are when they are around each other, like just now when they went to get the food.

'Omo, look who's here.' Luhan playfully chimed from the back when she noticed Hani. 'Oh, it's my beautiful girlfriend.' he chimed.

'You sound like an ahjumma, stop it.' Hani grumpily said. 'You ditched me for your friends, so go to your friends. Don't disturb me.' she frowned.

'I told you, you can join us!' he defended.

'That's okay. Luckily I have Haneul who's willing to eat with me.' she pouted while landed her head on Haneul's shoulder. 

Haneul got more and more comfortable with Hani now that she actually knew some of her friends too. She can't deny that the feeling of going to class didn't feel that bad anymore. She wasn't alone anymore and even if she is, it's because she wanted to. She is just used to be by herself.

'If you are going to the dinner, who do you want to go with?' Hani asked.

'Nobody. I'm not going.' she answered.

'Even if someone ask you to be his date?' Hani continued asking.

'There won't be.'

'You know there will be.' she sang with a look showing 'seriously?' 'Ugh, speaking of the devil, he's marching towards us now.' she said between her teeth.

'Who?' Haneul questioned.

'Who else, your potential boyfriend.' she replied. 

'Hani, I don't have a boyfriend. Can you stop-'

'Hey.' the familliar deep voice cut her sentence. That caught Haneul off guards. Her eyes were wide as the saucers when he saw Chanyeol suddenly there sitting beside her. And he didn't look casual like how he always is around her. He looked somewhat unusual. 

'Hi. Your friends are over there.' she pointed.

'I know.' he answered, smiling at her uncomfortable facial expression.

'Then what are you doing here?' she asked but she felt her question was answered when she saw there is a bouquet of flowers in the grasp of his right hand. Flowers? Flowers? FLOWERS? WHAT IS HE DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CAFETERIA WITH FLOWERS IN HIS HAND?  

'This is awkward. People are looking at us.' Chanyeol said while chuckling to ease the tension he has in him.

'I guess that was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter