Chapter 2

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was busy grabbing the cans out of the fridge into the basket while counting if it’s already enough for all the guys at home. He took a glance at his side and he jumped a little in surprise when he met that stoic face of his friend.

‘You said you want to get a kimbap roll. What are you doing here?’ he asked as he closed the fridge and faced his friend fully.

‘I don’t feel like eating it anymore. Some stupid girl is trying to pick a fight with me over that stupid kimbap roll.’ He hissed. ‘I’m out.’ He muttered before heading towards the exit

‘Yah, wait for me. I haven’t paid yet.’ Baekhyun spoke up but he was ignored by Sehun.

He looked at the shelf where the kimbap is placed and he saw a girl standing still looking at the figure of Sehun who went out frustratingly. Does she have to go that far to get some attention from Sehun? He sighed while shaking his head. ‘Yah, Sehun!’ he shouted but it was completely pointless.

 

 

Haneul closed the door with a sigh as she walked tiringly towards her bed. Soojin realized that the girl has came back so she turned her attention to the tired figure of Haneul curious where she had been all day long after classes are over.

‘Where have you been?’ she asked while looking at Haneul who was lying on her bed with her eyes close.

‘Walking around the town.’ She answered.

‘For what?’ she asked, wishing for more information.

Haneul sat up and looked back at Soojin. ‘Nothing.’ she shook her head.

‘Have you eaten?’ Soojin asked, changing the topic as she knew that Haneul won’t spit out anything even if she kept pushing her to talk about it.

‘No.’ she answered shortly.

Soojin plopped herself on Haneul’s bed while smiling excitingly. ‘Then, let’s go out to eat? I’m craving for steak. Remember the restaurant that we tried last semester where both of us agreed that they have the best steak in town? Let’s go there. My mom just deposited my allowance.’ She said in a sing song tone.

Haneul jerked up upon the mention of the restaurant. With the limited money she’s having and the fact that she needed to be really saving at the moment, she can't spend that much for a dinner. That one meal there could afford her to buy over 30 kimbaps.

‘But I’m out of money. My allowance is not in yet. My dad is pretty busy.’ she reasoned after she cleared .

‘You have a credit card, don't you? Come on, let’s go. For me?’ Soojin persuaded.

How is she going to crap some excuses over this? She didn’t have any credit card anymore. All the bank accounts are froze so she basically didn’t have any money anymore for credit card. She was sure that her card has already been cut off. She’s technically a beggar now.

‘Let me wash up first, okay?’ she replied, giving in to her friend.

‘Yeay! I’ll go get ready.’ Soojin cheered and she immediately went to choose for the outfits to go out later.

 

‘Thank you.’ Soojin said to the waiter as he put the dish in front of her. Haneul sighed for uncountable times thinking how much this dish had cost her. Just for once. I’m not going to eat this anymore after this. Spending a lot on this for once won’t hurt. She encouraged herself.

‘Hmmmm, this is so delicious.’ Soojin cheered at the taste of the sirloin steak. Haneul nodded with a smile in return as the steak was on her taste buds as well.

After a while they have been eating in silence, Haneul spoke up breaking the silence between them. ‘You know, the guy you pointed at in the lecture hall the other day?’

‘Yeah. What’s up with him?’ Soojin replied nonchalantly but when she realized what Haneul is mentioning about, she stared at the girl in front of her with wide eyes. ‘Do you have any interest in him?’ she smiled sheepishly.

‘No, no, no, no. It’s not that.’ Haneul denied. ‘I was wondering, is he one of the Exo you’re talking about?’ she asked.

‘You do have interest in him.’ Soojin went on.

‘I said no-‘

‘Yeah, he is. Should I ask Mari to match you up with him?’ Soojin wiggled her eyebrows.

‘I don’t have any interest in him.’ Haneul frowned, frustrated that Soojin didn’t seemed to understand her.

‘Don’t deny it, you do. If not, why did you ask me about if he’s one of the Exo or not?’ she defended her point.

‘I was just curious, that’s all.’ Haneul replied quietly before changing her attention back to her steak, slicing it into small pieces.

‘His name is Sehun, by the way.’ Haneul can sense that Soojin still had the same sheepish smile on her face even though she’s not looking at her.

They walked down the street towards the bus stop to catch a taxi after they’re done with dinner. Soojin was so happy with the dinner that she just can’t seem to stop talking, showing how happy she was even though Haneul didn’t talk that much back as a response to everything she said.

Haneul saw the sign for the job vacancy outside the restaurant they went just now and have a deep thought whether she should try getting a part time job there or not. But how is she going to ask for the job when Soojin is with her? She thought of going back there tomorrow but scared that the job will be taken by then at the same time.

She frowned, trying to create an excuse to part with Soojin. ‘Can you go back first? I need to go somewhere before heading to hostel.’ She said as she wished that Soojin would just agree with her.

Soojin eyed her questioningly but shrugged it off the next second. ‘Okay, don’t be late.’ She continued walking, leaving Haneul behind.

Haneul heaved a sigh of relief at how easy that was, thanking god for making it easy for her. But before she could go back towards the restaurant’s direction, she heard Soojin shouted for her name.

‘Are you sure you’re going to be alright outside alone?’ Soojin asked worriedly.

‘Don’t worry. Just go back, you look tired.’ Haneul said loud enough for Soojin to hear because of their wide distance from each other. She waved to Soojin with a smile insisting her to go back.

 

 

The clock on the wall indicated that Haneul still has half an hour left before her class start. She took the books she prepared last night for today’s schedule into her bag and walked toward the door putting her shoes on. She heard the door to the bathroom open, signaling that Soojin was done with showering.

‘Seriously, Haneul?’ Soojin eyed judgingly at Haneul.

Haneul frowned questioningly at her roommate for randomly spitting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter