Chapter 5

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Where do you think you’re going?’ Haneul shut her eyes close as a monotonous voice was heard behind her.

Haneul turned around facing her partner after taking a deep breath in. ‘Home. Aren’t you?’ Haneul answered hesitatingly with a slight smile. There’s a thing about Sehun that really makes her feel intimidated by him. Not that she’s scared of him or anything but she just felt so uncomfortable with the looks that Sehun keep giving her as if she did something wrong.

‘Then when are you planning on working this out? A day before the due date?’ he said sarcastically.

‘Can we do this later? I mean, of course not a day before the due date but I have plan-‘

‘With Chanyeol.’ he continued for her.

She wondered how did he knew about it but when she thought back who else would it be if it’s not Chanyeol she has plan with. Other than Chanyeol, it would be Soojin and that’s all.

‘Of course that would be more important than the assignment, isn’t it? You wouldn’t want to let the chance go away just like that since you have work hard for it, right?’ he smirked.

‘I work hard for what?’ she snapped but her voice still couldn’t match the strong tone of Sehun’s. ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about.’

He sniggered. ‘Doesn’t it feel good to be recognized because you’re hanging out with a popular guy that all the girls swooned over? You must be feeling victorious because out of all girls, you were the one that was chosen.’ He stated.

There’s a part of Haneul started to boil when she heard that. What is his intention? Is he trying to put her on the same line as other attention seeker girls in the campus? She barely knows this guy and she already started to get sick of him.

‘What is wrong with you? If you think by putting me down can make me do what you want, you’re wrong. I thought maybe I could cancel if I needed to because I’m not selfish but now, I think it’s not worth it. Canceling on Chanyeol to do the work with you is totally not worth it.’ She said her piece of her mind before turning back around leaving the guy behind cowardly to run away from him after she realized what she had spat out before. She swallowed her own saliva scared of what might come next from him.

‘Yah, Kimbap!’ he shouted making Haneul flinched at his voice and her walk came into halt for a second as well. She started moving forward ignoring the guy as if she didn’t hear that. Don’t turn back, Haneul. Don’t you ever turn back. Just walk. Walk forward. And her steps started getting faster and faster to get out of the guy’s sight.

 

 

How stupid of Haneul to think that she has gotten away from Sehun when she ran away from him after saying that to him. He’s one of Chanyeol’s friends, of course he would be here. But just now, he was the one who asked to start on the work. Did he plan on canceling on Chanyeol too?

She bit her bottom lip as she remembered how awkward the journey to the place where the fireworks show was. Even though the journey took only about 15 minutes but being in the same car with him make every seconds feel longer than it should be.

‘Are you alright? You look bothered.’ Chanyeol bent down to her face with that sweet smile of his making her smiled back unknowingly. ‘If you feel uncomfortable with my friends, we can-‘

‘No, I’m sure they’re fine. They look nice.’ Haneul interrupted him.

‘They are nice but they can be really loud so if your ears hurt, you can tell me. We can get away from them.’ he reminded.

‘I guess they are just like you, huh? Having a lot of Chanyeol in one place, ugh.’ She scrunched her nose.

‘We’re not like Chanyeol. I know he’s too loud, right?’ Baekhyun fit himself in between both of them and slung his hand over Haneul’s shoulder casually.

Chanyeol moved to the other side making sure he’s right beside Haneul. ‘You’re the loudest.’ He huffed while taking Baekhyun’s hand away from Haneul while glaring at the latter guy. Even he hasn’t did that yet to Haneul.

‘But he’s uncontrollable, right? And his deep voice,’ Baekhyun sighed acting he understood what Haneul is feeling.

‘Your voice is more annoying.’ He scowled annoyed with Baekhyun.

‘Did you hear that? Doesn’t that sound scary?’ Baekhyun whispered but loud enough to let Chanyeol to hear it on purpose.

Haneul chuckled in the middle making both of them gave fully attention at her. ‘You shouldn’t be laughing.’ Chanyeol frowned at her. Baekhyun then joined laughing with Haneul.

‘God, do you have to take this much of time just to tell them we’re going to get corn dogs?’ Suho’s voice perked up turning all their eyes to the said voice.

‘I was about to ask them about it.’ Baekhyun defended

‘Haneul, do you want corn dog?’ Suho asked Haneul ignoring Baekhyun’s excuse. Haneul nodded lightly with a soft smile making Suho continued. ‘Let’s go.’

‘I was just trying to bond with her. Can’t I?’ Suho just shook his head at Baekhyun’s excuses ignoring the guy who is catching his pace childishly.

Haneul and Chanyeol followed the others from the back quietly. ‘I’m going to be really quiet from now on.’ Chanyeol spoke up.

‘You sure about that?’ Haneul teased.

‘Really, I will.’ He replied making Haneul raised her eyebrows not believing a word he said. ‘You’re going to miss me when it gets too quiet.’ He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter