Hyemi

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 1 

(Hyemi's POV)

 

I knew something was wrong, Ahra was being a little too quiet today even though I did tried to cheer her up as I greeted her that morning. I was certain that it was her mother or what she called, stepmother. Sigh... Jiminnie (Jimin unnie) came into the class and greeted both of us. I greeted her back while Ahra only waved her hand. "What's wrong with her? In her period?" Jiminne asked me but though I knew, I shrugged and continued studying. Really... how could she said that out loud, knowing that Ahra's close? "Eyy, this maknae," I ignored her with a wry smile and just continue reading my notes. 

RIIIING~ The school bell rang reminding us that it was lunch time. I stood and tap Jiminnie's back to wake her from sleeping.  She likes to sleep expecially when the class is boring. I called her unnie since she's a year older than me and because she acts like a sister. Ahra is only 2 months older, so I don't think I should call her unnie. But -- Ahra acts like a mother, so sometimes I call her omma.

Minnie (Min Rin) came by at us and asked, "are you guys going to the cafeteria?" I nodded and replied, "yes." While the twins (Sohyun and Hara) answered together, "I'm going!" They both looked at each other feeling awkward to the same reaction. I laughed at them. They're not identical twins but still... sometimes I got confused to who's who.

 

Ahra, Jiminnie, Minnie, Sohyunnie (Sohyun), Harunnie (Hara), Heeunnie (Hee Jung), Yunnie (Yuna) and I walked into the cafeteria. Yup, I am the youngest among them and was also..uhh the smallest and yes, I love to give nicknames to my friends.

The twins and I went to order food while the others already sat at the table with their lunch. I don't usually eat when it's lunch time, so I only ordered my favorite smoothie. I sat down with the others and suddenly the sunlight was blocked by 6 boys. 

"Hai, sorry to interrupt," the guy with the hazelnut-colored hair said. "Can we help you?" Ahra then asked. "It's just uhh..," the guy with the gummy smile stammered with a deep cave voice. I thought he looks scary, at first. Then, the tall guy cut off, "there are no seats left and your place has some spaces that can fit the six of us so..," he paused for a while.

 

"You guys are asking if you can sit here?" Ahra stated as she pointed the space beside her. "Um, it is okay if you don't allow us to," the guy with the gummy smile spoke. I looked at Ahra as she answered him, "no, it's okay. You may sit here." They thank us and we all just nodded. I wasn't used to boys back then. I acted differently with them. 

 

I drank my smoothie and noticed that they were staring at us. Why is that? What's wrong with them?