Eun Ah/Yuna

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 12

(Yuna’s POV)

 

I walked slowly to the shelves, searching for a novel that Min Rin asked me to get it for her at the public library. It was great that the public library’s not far from the dorm or I’ll actually reject Min Rin for doing so. I found the novel and when I was about to take it, someone grabbed it first. I was searching for that book for less than 20 minutes, which would be depressing if in the end I don’t have it. I looked at the guy beside me and was surprised that it was Kai. He’s the guy that left his phone before at my part-time job. We met each other the next day, and I gave him back his phone. We introduced ourselves too but I didn’t expect that I’d meet him at the library.

“Yuna!” he was surprised to see me there too. “Is reading your hobby?” he asked me thinking that was the answer to why I was there. I waved my hands telling him no, “I just want to get that book for my friend,” I pointed at the book in his hands. He looked at the novel he was holding and chuckled, “this is not for me, either. This is for my hyung, Chanyeol.” I smiled shyly and he suddenly offered me to go and have a drink with him, “my treat!” I hesitated but he asked me again with a charming smile, so I agreed.

We walked leaving some spaces between us. I was nervous. “Do you live with your friend?” he asked. It’s kind of creepy that he asked that so sudden. I’m not saying that he’s a stranger… we’re just acquaintances and I need time to trust him. “I’m living at the school’s dorm,” I answered. “Me too,” he replied back.

We arrived and sat at one of tables. “One Choca Mochas.” Kai and I looked at each other when we realized that we just said it together. We laughed at how silly it was. He told the waitress as he was still staring at me, “then… two Choca Mochas, please.”

We talked and talked about ourselves and later about our friends and families. We were getting closer in every minute of talking. In that talk of ours, he asked me, “what type of guy that you like?” I couldn’t believe he just asked me that. Does he like me? I shake that thought away from my head. “I like… sweet guys, romantic, has sharp jaw and a charming smile.” I didn’t realize that I was smiling as I answered him. I looked at him and noticed that he was staring at me the whole time. It was my turn to ask him the same question and was surprised to hear his answer.

 

“You’re my type.”

I laughed, thinking that it was just a joke. “I’m your type?” “Yes, YOU’RE my type!” ‘No way…’ I was blushing. Is that a confession? He watched me as my cheek reddened. Then he stood and I followed him as he was walking out from the place. I stopped, surprisingly when Kai turned back to look at me. He looked flustered. “Umm, do you want to go… can we meet again tomorrow?” ‘Doesn’t that mean he’s asking me on a date?!’ I felt like I was froze and then melted at the same time.

 

I hugged him and answered clearly to his request, “yes, I’d love to!” Why did I just do that?! I let go of him quickly and apologized. I have no rights to hug him! I looked at Kai who was frozen due to my sudden action. “Kai! Are you flying somewhere?” He woke up from his daydreaming and wiped his drool that was slipping off from his mouth. I laughed to how silly he is, “so weird but cute.”

‘Wait! Did I just say that out loud?!!’ I realized those words I just said. I lifted my face and saw him smiling. Ahh… I just spilled it!! I looked at my hand watch and found out that it was already late. Kai walked me home and I told him to only send me at the gates. “See you tomorrow, then,” I told him. I turned and was about to walk but Kai held my wrist and pulled me towards him. Our faces were so close!

 

I closed my eyes quickly and felt a warm touch on my lips. He kissed me! On my lips! “See you tomorrow, my date!” He left me speechless. Did he just say ‘my date’? Did he also think that our meeting tomorrow is a date?! I knocked the door and sat down on the old couch at the dorm’s meet room. I buried my face on a small pillow and screamed, “HE KISSED ME!!!” Daehyun, Jimin and Jongup were there and of course didn’t understand what I just screamed.

Min Rin walked in and asked me, “so where’s the novel I asked for?”

 

Uhh… I forgot about it!!