Himchan

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 15

(Himchan’s POV)

 

Did I just kiss her forehead? I pinched my cheek to tell if I was dreaming or not and I wasn’t! I just made Hyemi frightened! I need to find her and apologized for my action. I wore my shirt and took my jacket with me. I ran downstairs and asked Ahra who was walking towards the lounge, “have you seen Hyemi anywhere?” “I saw her running going up to the second floor. Maybe she’s at the second floor’s balcony,” she answered me. I ran upstairs and searched through the rooms.

Then, as I walked through the hallway, I saw a bright light passing through the glass door of the balcony. I went closer and saw Hyemi was there putting her hands on the handrail with her head looking up at the full moon. It was windy, breezing through the night sky. I thought it was cold so I wrapped the jacket I brought with me at her small body. She was surprised to see me there and quickly I apologized what happened before, “I’m sorry to what happened.” I put my hands on the handrail and stared at her who was blushing pure red. She stuttered, “I-it’s just an accident just like a-at the kitchen.” I chuckled remembering how funny her reaction is when she fell on me.

She was staring at the bright, big, beautiful moon when suddenly…

 

“Don’t do that.” She told me. I blinked a few times, didn’t understand what she meant by it. “Do what?” I asked. She glanced, “Don't stare at me like that.”

“It is common for someone to stare at people because they are attractive,” I clamored. “Well, I’m not attractive!” she blazed and rolled her eyes. “Your cuteness attracts people, don’t you know?” She was speechless, didn’t know what to say to my words. I found her blushing is cute. She looked at me and said, “thank you for that.” I only gave her a smile.

I kept on staring at her as she was looking at the moon that lightens her face. She probably forgot that I was there because she stretched her hand out as if she was reaching for the moon. She began to say, “I’ve always dream to fly and stood on the moon, wondering what it felt like to be able to see the whole world, able to see what is happening around us. Silly, isn’t it?” She turned to look at me and gave a beatific smile. “So you want to be an astronaut?” I asked her. I thought I was right.

“No, I dream to be an artist. I love to draw. But… I do want to travel out space,” she corrected. I was dizzy to her twisting dreams. I gave a faint smile and said, “You have many dreams, do you?” She chuckled and nodded. I thought of something and asked her, “Can you draw me?” She nodded again, “But maybe not for tonight.” I noticed that her body was shaking as the cold breeze past us. I grabbed her small hand. It was cold. Hyemi was looking at me with a questioned face as I rubbed her hands with mine to warm it up. I exhaled some hot air from my mouth onto her cold hands. The cold reduces and I let go of her hand. “There, it’s now warm,” I told her so she won’t question me. She was speechless and her body was still trembling.

I walked closer and hugged her from behind. Maybe I took this advantage to hug her but I do felt bad for it. “Don’t misunderstood this okay? I’m just… trying to make you warm,” I explained. “Uh… okay,” her words were shaking. She must be embarrassed.

 

“I think I should go to sleep now. I’m also feeling that the cold is reducing, thanks to you,” she said with her cheeks red. I nodded and when she walked away, I noticed that she was still wearing my jacket. But I guess she was too sleepy to remember, so I let her.

I smiled to myself. I gently moved my leg and walked towards my bedroom. I prayed before I sleep…

 

‘Let me dream about Hyemi in her wedding dress, please!’

 

 

*Note: Ahaha… I added the praying part, just wanting it to match with Hyemi’s ending in chapter 14 >w<