Ahra

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 28

(Ahra’s POV)

 

‘STEPMOTHER, Ahra!’ Jimin’s saying kept on ringing into my ears. I tried to forget it but in the end, I can’t. I was sitting at my table, doing my last-minute homework as usual.

I feel guilty.

I ignored my friends that morning, leaving the breakfast that Min Rin prepared for me, not apologizing to Jimin… all of that became a burden to me.

Like what Hyemi told me, Jimin also feels guilty, then why can’t we sort it out? I sighed, feeling the open breeze passing through the window. “Omma~~” Hyemi called for me, walking into the class.

“You left without me!” She pouted with her hands crossed. I smiled seeing her like that and then piled my papers putting it on my left. She went to her seat, behind me.

“Zelo oppa is searching for you,” I turned behind to look at her with a surprised face.

Zelo was searching for me? Why? I was somehow excited or happy… I don’t know but hearing his name made my heart goes BADUMP BADUMP BADUMP in a faster way.

Hyemi then chuckles, “He was wearing his PJ and he has this, this… pfft…BED HAIR!” She laughs hardly after that one last part. I hold in my laughter, looking at her crazy self.

“He said he wanted to go to school with you but you left early so he was quite disappointed.”

Hearing that made me smile, pleased by Zelo’s offer.

 

He was trying to cheer me up.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

The school bell then rang telling us to go to our subject classes.

No, no, no… NO! I forgot that I had another assignment to finish and it was due that same day! I sat back at my seat asking the others to go before me.

“Are you sure about this, Ahra?” Hara asked me with her eyebrows raised.

“We can help,” Hee Jung articulated.

“You can help me by telling Mr. Kim that I went to the bathroom!” I told them both and they left me.

 

I quickly copy some of Min Rin’s assignment that she borrowed me. Don’t complain, okay? You guys probably had done this before, playing copy paste from other’s homework! No? Well… Others have!

As I was focusing alone in the classroom with birds outside chirping, Zelo came in without me noticing.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in class?”

I squealed shocked finding Zelo was laying his head on my table looking at me. This guy… He chuckles to see my reaction. Finding it funny, eh? I then once again focus on my paper, continue writing.

“I should ask the same thing to you,” I replied him, not wanting to ignore his question.

He smirked cutely at me, making me blush as I tried to focus on my assignment.

“What are you doing? You got it wrong. 78 divided by 3, its 26,” he corrected my error while looking at my assignment paper. I sighed, feeling tired of this counting and all. Without me noticing, Zelo was correcting all of my errors, sitting in front of me and was pointing what’s incorrect.

He then snickers, “Wow, you’re so bad at this.”

I tittered, “And you’re so good at it.”

 

While we were at it, he probed me, “Are you okay to all that just happened between you and Jimin?”

I gave him a smile while gliding the pen on my paper, “Much better than before.” I don’t want him to be worried about me that I told him that lie.

The truth is, I feel worse than before. My heart weighs heavier and it feels like I’m drowning.

“DONE!” I confirmed it with Zelo. We both walked out of the classroom.

We looked at the time and it was already 15 minutes after the first bell. I was in a hurry, not wanting Mr. Kim to get angry.

I looked at Zelo who was holding my hand, stopping me from going. He moved closer to me and there I thought he was about to kiss me.

This time I was prepared, closing my eyes and my lips ready to meet his.

Ahh… How I miss his lips.

Feeling nothing, I opened my eyes and noticed that he was sliding my pen into my sling bag.

“I almost forgot about it. Bye!” He ran leaving me speechless and embarrassed.

I turned slowly and walked faster, pinching myself thinking how unbelievable it was.

 

“Haa…. Stop, just please stop thinking about him!” 

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

a/n: I've changed a little of my ways on writing ff, if you noticed. I'm really sure you noticed.

This is a special HI for my beautiful stunning you! A picture of Ahra that is you that I found from tumblr. 

This is you! Found her at weheartit.com ~