Ahra and Zelo

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 21

(Zelo’s POV)

 

I felt something light was put on my forehead. I clasped the wet towel on my head as I slowly got up from the couch and not from my bed. I only remembered that my head was spinning as the heat surrounds me at that cold rainy night, forcing myself to laugh along with my friends after Daehyun told us a joke. Ahra was there with her hands as her support to rest her head on the table with her eyes closed, sleeping. I grunted feeling the pain from my back, must be because of me sleeping on the stiff couch. Ahra woke up because of that and was surprised to see me awake.

“Don’t strain,” she pushed me softly and I once again lay on the couch. She took the wet towel, “I have to change your towel.” She stood and walked towards the kitchen behind us. I peeked from the couch and stared at Ahra who was squeezing the hot towel as the water spurted out. I looked at the clock on the wall and I gasped noticing that it was already at dawn. Ahra was there with me until this late?! She heard me gasped and quickly raging towards me as I pretended to sleep, but it was too late to play pretending.

“I told you to sleep, didn’t I?!” Her eyes looked tired as she clasped both of her hands on her hips, looking angry. I never see her that angry before. Her anger scared me but it felt nice to be scold. She was worried about me and that made me fall more in love with her. While she was lecturing me, I also thought that this was probably the reason why Hyemi feared her to be angry and no wonder Min Rin always advised me not to anger. I chuckled to that silly thought of mine. “Why are you laughing?” I stopped and looked at the harsh look on Ahra’s face. I became speechless as her face turned into a worry one, “You need to go back to sleep. I already told your homeroom teacher that you won’t be schooling tomorrow.”

I gazed at her pale face that was because of having not enough sleep. “I have a lot to do tomorrow and one of it is nursing you. So be glad for that and go to sleep,” she finished. I felt my head was getting warmer just like back then before I got my flu.

 

I felt that the heat was swarming around me and I began to sweat.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

(Ahra’s POV)

 

Zelo’s face reddens and I panic. I gently put my hand on his forehead. It was hot like the water in the kettle that I just boiled in. “Are you okay?! Lay down!” I forced him to stay on the couch as I lightly put the hot towel on his forehead. I was worried about him and thought that I should get the medicine that Mrs. Sang Ri prepared for him on the counter but-

Zelo grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. I closed my eyes as I sensed his lips were touching with mine. He let go of me as I pulled myself away. I looked at him without blinking, embarrassed to the sudden action and was blushing pure red. I could feel his breath as he stared into my eyes. “If you’re so worried about me, then steal this fever away from me.” Hearing his words, my heart beats faster making me inside twirling trying to find an answer to his words. He looked at me as he was puffing air.

“Why are you so worried about me? Love me much?” he smirked, annoyingly. I was irritated to his sudden attitude but somehow it made my heart beating crazy. “Keep dreaming, boy. I don’t know why but I know that you must go to sleep, NOW!” I stood wanting to go back to my room, feeling annoyed to Zelo’s rock head but he stopped me, “Don’t go. I’m sick.” Listening to his weak, sorrowful voice, I quickly changed my mind and lied to him wanting to make him feel better, “I’m not going anywhere, stupid. I just want to make coffee.” I changed my annoyed face to a smiling one. “For me?” he asked. “No, you’re sick!” I chuckled to his silly question and he pouted.

 

‘I won’t ever leave you, silly.’