Hyemi

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 29

(Hyemi’s POV)

 

“Hyemi~” Himchan called for me as he walks into the library.

He’s been visiting me at the library these few months, I don’t know why. I don’t think he likes to read or search facts.

Even though I was questioned, I didn’t bother to ask him about it. Everyone can do whatever they want, right?

I smiled back at him and then put my pointer on my lips, telling him to be quiet as he walks slowly towards me. He’s always loud whenever he calls me and that would really bother me if the librarian blacklisted us from coming into the library ever again.

“What are you searching today?” he asked me as I was still picking the books. “History. I need something to talk about for our history presentation,” I answered him and then slowly slip out the thick book from the shelf.

When I turned, he had this pile of books in his hands that he didn’t have a second ago (obviously not a second ago).

“Whatta-?!” I panic, afraid that one of the books will fell. And… probably afraid that it will fell on my foot!

“What do you need these for?” I whispered as I look left and right, aware of my voice. One of his eyebrows rose, looking confused to my words as I let out a sigh.

I knew that he was trying to help me find what I was searching for, it’s just like him.

“You didn’t need to. I found it,” I showed him the book I just had in my hands.

“Oh,” he smiled awkwardly at me with his arms still carrying those books. I felt really guilty though if I don’t use any of his work, so I told him to put it on the study table that was prepared for students to use in the library.

I sat down with the pile of books and the other students looked at me, astonished to see those books that Himchan brought for me. Himchan sat beside me and stared at me, it made me more nervous.

“Don’t do that, please,” I requested Himchan. He snickered and that made me more nervous! This guy… I can’t study like this. I feel uneasy whenever others stare at me… seriously.

Even though I felt that way, I was able to finish my assignment through that hell. Phew…

It took 2 hours and I noticed that Himchan was sleeping, laying his head on his arms, resting on the table.

I was hesitating to wake him up. He was sound asleep, dreaming about something nice and I don’t want to interrupt him with that.

I heard the librarian’s footsteps. She dislikes if students come into that library only to fool around, skipping class. She’s mean and cold. So I had to wake Himchan up.

I poked his cheeks calling for his name, “Himchan… Oh Himchan. Wake up.” He grunted, slowly waking up.

I felt really glad that he did. The librarian walked towards us with her eyes widen in surprise.

“Keep it up!” She gave a thumbs up that made me blank, not understanding what she meant by it. Himchan looked at me with his face trying to hold his laughter.

As the librarian left, Himchan whispered to me, “She thought that you’re reading all this.” He pointed at the books on my right.

I chuckled softly and noticed that Himchan’s eyes were still sleepy.

“You should go and wash your face,” I advised him.

 

He nodded and then left me after we parted ways in front of the library.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

I was walking through the hallway carrying my papers putting it on my chest and then stopped to look through the glass window.

I noticed the cherry tree began to blossom, giving a sign that Spring Season is here.

GASP!

I gasped to the sudden tap on my shoulder. I turned around and found out that it was Yongguk. That’s rare!

He was showing me his gummy smile and it creep me out. He was tall, cool but because of my small figure, his self really scares me. He looks like a gangster who was about to gang up on me.

“Have you seen Ahra?” He asked me.

I was agitated, thinking why does he ask that? Is he stalking her? Isn’t that creepy? Isn’t that strange, weird that he suddenly asked that to me?

“It’s just… I need to talk to her.”

I had these Goosebumps all over my body, hearing his deep caved voice.

“I-i didn’t see her since math class this morning,” I tried to answer him normally. As he was about to walk away and I was relieved, he turned around, stopping to ask me another question,

“What… do you do to make Ahra cheer up?”

Once again, he’s full of surprises.

“You are her friend since childhood so I just thought…”

“Just smile.”

He turned to look at me with his eyes widen. He was probably surprised to hear me cut his words and all… But I know that he wanted to cheer Ahra up and that makes me relief.

To tell you the truth, I thought he was about to make more problems with Ahra and that was the reason why he wanted to talk to her…

I shouldn’t be thinking those bad things about him. Yongguk is a nice guy, he wouldn’t do that.

“Just smile?”

“Yup. You go talk to her with a nice smile and… not… a creepy… smile…,” I said slowly wanting him to get it clearly.

He looked at me with one eyebrow raised. He probably didn’t get the last part.

I chortled finding it funny, “You can do whatever you want and don’t forget to smile. Even if you’re being annoying or whatever, if you gave her a smile, she’d give up her anger and join with you.”

He nodded and thanked me.

Before he turned back, I advised him once again,

 

“NOT A CREEPY SMILE, OKAY?!” 

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

a/n: Poor Yongguk. Hyemi's the only one thinking that he's creepy ahaha! I added a few things, it makes a big difference from the original idea! Anyway, hope you like it!