Hyemi

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 19

(Hyemi’s POV)

 

“Where is it…,” I was searching for a research book for my Geography Assignment. The librarian told me that it was at the top shelf, but which shelf was she saying? I should have asked her before I went searching for it. I was happy that I finally found it but… I couldn’t reach it. I sighed and toed trying to reach it but suddenly someone behind me grabbed it first ignoring me who was trying her best to get it. I had blues thinking that there’s only one book like it. I looked behind me wanting to see the ignorant guy, it was Himchan! “Here you go,” he handed me the book he had in his hands. I felt really grateful that he was there, “Thank you so much!”

“Next time, if you want to reach something, just ask somebody who is TALL just like me!” He was making fun of me, isn’t he? I hated how people say about my small figure. I glared at him telling him to never say things like that ever again. Of course, he didn’t understand so I ignored that fact.

“You’ll be joining us tonight, right?” “The celebration?” “Yeah, you won the art competition, so were celebrating it together.” Oh yeah… After trying my hardest for the best drawing ever, I won third place. I felt like it isn’t a thing to celebrate for after all I didn’t get first place so I told Himchan about this, “I don’t think we should celebrate my winning.” “So you mean you’re not coming?” he pouted feeling upset to my answer. He was the first guy that I feel comfortable with. He was the first guy I could act like myself.

I smiled to his cute action, “Well, we are celebrating for Hara too, so yeah I’ll come.” He hugged me, feeling happy. I was shocked to his action and when he let me go, he just walked away whispered his goodbye in the library leaving me speechless, unblinking. I was embarrassed by it as I look at my surroundings hoping nobody saw that. Phew, glad there wasn’t. Himchan made me feel like I had another new brother who makes fun of me, protects me and makes me smile. Yup! There’s no doubting it, he’s like a brother to me. I smiled looking at the hard book on my hands, “Let’s finish this assignment!” “SHH!” The group of students shushed me as they continue their readings at the table. I chuckled to myself feeling embarrassed.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

BRIIING! The school bell rang. It’s a sign that school’s over. At the same time, I managed to finish my assignment. “BOO!” I gasped, feeling shocked to the sudden surprise. It was Himchan! He laughed to my reaction to his scaring scheme. For the first time, I poked harshly at his stomach. “OW!” “SHH!” This time, Himchan was shushed by the students before. I giggled finding it funny. “Why are you here?” I asked him, softly. He went closer to me after giving a smirk and whispered into my ear, “I’m here to walk back at the dorm with you.” My heart was racing as my ears tingled because of his cute, manly voice. How thoughtful of him, wanting to walk home with me. He held my hand as I take my sling bag. We ran outside the library and noticed the librarian shushed us after we went past her. We ran and ran until we were out of breath. We stopped for a while at the traffic light and happily laughed together feeling how fun it was.

Feeling tired, we walked slowly this time. While we were walking, I noticed he was still holding my hand. I ignored it, thinking that it doesn’t have any meaning. The sun was setting; we could see the orange clouds surrounding the sky. It was a wonderful sight.

 

I smiled and saw Himchan was smiling too. 

 

 

*Note: I changed a little bit from the usual story. :)