Ahra

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 7

(Ahra's POV)

 

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" "It's still 6 in the morning! Plus, today is a public holiday!" Hyemi was bouncing on the bed. "Omma! Wake up!" Feeling annoyed, I sat and saw Hyemi was at the edge, jumping. "YAH! You'll fall!"

Hyemi ignored it and jumped off the bed, saying, "No, I'll fly!" She giggled. I found Zelo walking into the room with his hands fold on his chest.

I shouted loudly, "can't I just have a little privacy?!!" Zelo and Hyemi looked at each other, speechless. They walked out of the room slowly. Phew...

"Omma, go and take a bath, quickly!" Hyemi peeked at the door. Why is she being too hyper today? Above her, Zelo peeked inside too, "by the way, good morning!" Sigh.. Both of them really liked attention. I smiled, "good morning."

I was about to stand up but my leg was still weak due to my stepmother's beating before. Zelo noticed that and walked closer.

"Want me to help you?" he asked. "No!" I shoved. I didn't want him to see my bare legs with bruises, after all.. I was wearing my shorts. \

"This is my room, boys aren't allowed, okay? You just broke the 'Dorm Rule'," I told him, wanting to make an excuse. He scratched his head, "ehe.. I guess I forget about that one!" He shuffled backwards and closed the door. How cute he was. 

I finished taking a bath, I went downstairs.. "MORNING!" Jimin loudly greeted followed by Min Rin. "Why is everyone shouting today? I'm not deaf!" I sternly said, rubbing my ears.

Min Rin slapped my back. "OW! HEY!" I exclaimed. "Do you remember what today is?" she ignored my exclamation and asked me a question. I replied back, "Friday?" She facepalmed herself, "that's not what I meant!"

"Black Friday?"

"NO!"

I was confused and was desperate to know the answer, "so, explain!" She shrugged, "you'll know it soon or later." She walked away leaving me with confusion. 

"You're must be getting older faster than us," Yuna suddenly said as she tapped my shoulder. She walked to the kitchen, ignoring my words, "what!?" Are they messing with me? "Want to walk down the park?" Zelo asked me. I looked down my leg and frowned. He wrapped a jacket around me and smiled. It wasn't that cold though but I didn't want to spoil his action. 

 

We walked around the park. It was nice. I was always at home, not be able to look the outside world. "Feeling better now?" He asked me. I only nodded. "How about exchange numbers?" he asked me another question. He wants my phone number?  He gave me his cellphone and I gave mine. We typed our phone numbers and our name. We smiled at each other as we finished. "Wow, you're must be famous at school. You have many male contacts here," he said as he checked my contact list. I smiled, "I'm not. among those male friends.. no one is special to me."

"Well, I'll be your special one." I thought I heard Zelo said that, but just to make sure, I asked him, "did you.. say something?" He shrugged, "N-no!" 

We went home after that long walk. It was dark and quiet. I the lights and suddenly--

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" It was my birthday. I forgot about it. All the residents living at that large dorm was there. The janitor, the teacher-in-guard, the security, 3 other students, the B.A.P and my friends were all there celebrating my birthday. I've never celebrated my own birthday party ever since my real parents died. My friends did a lot of work. There were balloons, punches, food, cake.. I was so happy. My photo was sticking on the wall. I hugged my friends, crying. I let go of them and wiped my tears and blow the candles on the cake. We had a blast that day.

 

The party was over. The others told me to go out and have a walk while they cleaned the place up. I told them I could help but they forced me not to. I sat down on a bench looking at the sky. "A present!" I was shocked to hear Zelo's voice who was behind me. He smiled as he sees my reaction. His smile made my day. I took the decorated small thin box that he gave me. "Thank you." Suddenly, I felt a warm touch on my cheek. Zelo just kissed me!