Drowning and Hyemi

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 32

 

Days after that confession, there was another problem.

Yuna entered the dorm with the others as the rain was pouring outside. It was dark and cold inside the house. Ahra was supposed to be inside that house but when they call her name, she didn’t answer.

Yuna went upstairs first followed by the others with thunder striking outside the windows.

Yuna was trying to think positive like usual but she doubted it. She crashed opened the door and saw Ahra lying on the floor, frozen like ice.

“Ahra!” She shouted. The B.A.P who was downstairs quickly got up to their feet, rushing towards upstairs, worried.

Min Rin walked closer to Ahra feeling her body and it was cold, very cold. “Hyemi! GET THE TOWEL!” Hyemi who was speechless rushed downstairs, already knowing where the towels were placed.

Daehyun and Jongup helped Ahra to get up and laid her on the bed, shivering. “What… happened, Ahra?” Sohyun whose eyes were wide, shocked trying to forget the scene she just watched suddenly asked Ahra with her words trembling.

 

Ahra closed her eyes, ignoring the question. “Let her rest,” Min Rin stated to Sohyun and then turned to look at Ahra as she sat on the bed, “You should rest.”

“Here!” Hyemi panted, tired of rushing. Everyone looked at her as she walks slowly, giving Min Rin the wet towel she brought. Min Rin slowly put the towel on Ahra’s forehead, pushing aside her bangs.

“Please leave,” Ahra spoke up but then held Hyemi’s and Min Rin’s arms as they both were about to walk away, “Except for you two.”

They both looked at each other, agreeing to Ahra’s request.

 

The others left the room after Min Rin requested Hara to continue cooking dinner without her.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

(Hyemi’s POV)

 

“Unnie… maknae…,” Minnie and I looked at Ahra who was weak, cold and pale-looking. “Hm?” I sounded with a happy tone not wanting that moment to be anywhere sad.

Her eyes were about to cry and by then I had doubts that I won’t be able to cheer her up this time. “It is okay, Ahra. Just tell us,” Minnie requested. Ahra began to sit and hugged both of us.

She probably didn’t want us to see her crying.

 

“Yongguk and Zelo both like me… but that’s not all…,” her pause made me more worried. I looked at Minnie as she looks at me too.

“My mother…,” her words thrilled off as she began to cry more. She let go of us, wiping her tears.

 

“She-she died.”

 

What? I was speechless. I couldn’t move. I stayed there frozen. Aunty died…

“How did she-?!” “She didn’t want to eat… she died starving.”

What did she do for? Why? I didn’t want to join her crying because I knew that would only make her guiltiness increase.

I hugged her wanting to comfort her. “MIIIIIN!! MIIIIIN!” Jiminnie was calling for Minnie outside.

Minnie turned to look at both of us. Ahra and I nodded, letting Minnie to leave us both. Before she left, she planted her hand on my shoulder, telling me that she entrusted me to cheer Ahra up. I gave her a smile and a nod, promising her that I will.

Ahra wiped her tears that were wetting her cheeks. Ahra’s now the only member in the Lee family. I couldn’t do anything to change that fact.

“Why does everyone keep leaving me? Do they hate me?” she wept.

“Ahra.”

“Hm?”

“We are creations, Ahra. Whatever that is created, it will never last forever.”

Ahra stared at me as she lays her head on my shoulder facing to the window that was wet with raindrops on the other side. It began to stop raining and the sky brightened once again.

“Everything will die out in whatever way that is been given.”

I thought those words will satisfy the questions that there is in Ahra’s mind but well it didn’t.

“Hyemi, you’re right. But promise me that you won’t leave me too?”

“But I just tol-!”

“Just promise me!”

 

If it would cheer her up, then I will promise.

 

“I promise… I promise that I will never ever leave you. Satisfied?”

 

She nodded and gave me her long lost forgotten smile and hugged me, tightly.

“But if I do break that promise, please don’t hate me,” I told her, feeling insecure.

“Oh I will hate you!” she said, sternly. Her words made me more afraid. “Hyemi, I’ll take care of her,” Zelo entered so suddenly made Ahra jumped.

“Okay,” I agreed. I know that Ahra doesn’t want to see him but I wanted them to talk over it together.

“Please take good care of omma just like how she did to you,” I smiled at him and then left them both alone, closing the door though knowing how dangerous it is.

 

I snickered alone behind the door. 

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

a/n: Yeah~~ I'm pretty touched by Hyemi's saying... she wants to cheer Ahra up. If you have already read LOVE STORY - QwQ, you'd probably be like 'awww...' *wink wink*