Hyemi and Himchan

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 3 

(Hyemi's POV)

 

Phew.. Biology ended but my day was about to get worse. My next subject was Physical Education and I don't like being covered with sweat. I always feel nervous whenever it's time for PE ever since I was in 6th grade. I was walking to the girl's changing room to change into my PE uniform but then at the middle of the hallway, I noticed that my shoe knot loosen. I turned around to see my surroundings and was grateful to see no one was there. I sat there to fix my knot. 

Suddenly, books fell onto my shoulder. "Ow!" But pain got much more worse when a big, heavy textbook fell on my toe. "OW!" I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" the guy who accidentally dropped the books on me said repeatedly, feeling guilty."I didn't see you because of those heavy books!" he blamed the scattered books on the floor. I tilted my head and noticed the guy was Himchan.

He looked surprised when he noticed it was me. "Hyemi, right?" I looked at the scattered books, ignoring his question. This is what I meant by me acting differently to men. I picked up the fallen books as he continued, "uhh, you must have forgotten that I'm-!" "Himchan," I cut his words. 

I tilted my head once again and saw him looking thrilled. Feeling awkward, I continued picking up the books. He also joined me. "Thanks," he said. I only smiled at him. "Why do you need these books anyway?" I nervously asked. He stopped and answered me, "I need these to do my research project." After we finished, I held some books and stood.

I walked further and Himchan stopped me after he noticed that I was carrying some of his books, "hey! That's mine!" I turned around and gave a smile, "I'm helping you carrying them." I told him nicely. I can't just let someone carrying heavy things in front of me, I must help him even though my toe still hurts. "I'm sorry once again about your toe," he apologized. I told him honestly, "it's not your fault anyway, I shouldn't be sitting at the middle of the hallway.. and plus my body is small for you to notice." He chuckled.

 

I helped carry the books to his classroom, and got to PE class 5 minutes late.

 

 

(Himchan's POV)

 

I felt guilty about what happened earlier. How could I not see her? Really.. Himchan. Clumsy me. It was time to go back home and as I packed my school things, Yongguk came into the classroom, "Yah! Himchan! You're driving today, right?"

Tsk, he's just a few weeks older than me, "don't 'Yah' me and yes I'm driving! Why?" I said feeling annoyed. "Woah! Chill. You look like you want to kill someone! It's just that I'm going to hangout with the others, do you want to join us?" he talked back. I told him that I will be busy so I can't.

I was going upstairs to find Daehyun and suddenly a girl who was running upstairs almost fell in front of me. I caught her by the waist as she closed her eyes tightly not wanting to see what was going on. She slowly openned her eyes and was shocked to see how close our faces were. I was about to let go of her but I stumbled and fell along with her. I openned my eyes and saw Hyemi was on me.

She quickly stood and asked me, "I'm sorry. Are you okay?" I turned to a sitting position and was looking at Hyemi's milky skin. She was wearing short sleeves and shorts for gym class.. "Himchan? Are you still with me?" I heard her soft voice calling my name. "I'm.. fine!" I stood and founded out that I must have sprankled my ankle. My nose was bleeding too.

 

"Let's go to nurse's office," she told me with a worried face. "I'd feel guilty if I leave you in this condition so please." She was making puppy eyes at me or it was only my imagination? I only nodded, feeling speechless.

What are you thinking, Himchan?! Why do we see each other like this? "I don't know why we always see each other like this," she told me, giggling, as if she knew what I was thinking. I only smiled and took the tissue she offered. My heart was beating when she showed me a cute smile.

 

How many parts of you that you're going to show me to make me fall in love with you?