Ahra

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 30

(Ahra’s POV)

 

It was quiet… and awkward.

Yongguk called for me and now we’re both standing at the back of the building as I was heading to the club’s building.

He stood in front of me with his face smiling brightly and sweaty because of running. He looked breathless so I gave him some time before I asked him questions,

“So… what is it? Why did you run?”

He stood from bending reaching his knees and looked at me still panting. I let him as I wait for his answer.

 

“I’m sorry.”

Huh? Suddenly apologizing to me, I thought I misheard. I raised one of my eyebrows and stared at him, feeling confused. He knew that and finally stood firmly,

“I’m sorry for liking you.”

“What?” Time just stopped and his words echoed into my ears making my heart thump, clenching. The wind blew to the west and petals began to fly around us. Time really did stop.

 

“I like you.”

No. I couldn’t believe it. I felt guilty somehow. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings… I do like him but- Gah!

“I…”

“Please take some time to think over it.”

 

I looked at him who looked desperate, wanting me to answer him what he wishes me to answer. I gave him a nod with eyes squeeze, wanting to trust myself.

“Hyung…,” I was shocked to see Zelo was not far behind Yongguk. Both of his eyebrows rose, looking disbelief.

“Zelo!” I gasped.

 

He then turned to look at me with eyes worried, “Are you going to choose him?”

Th-this is just so sudden. I was speechless, I couldn’t think of anything. The thing I’m worried about is their feelings. I knew the answer; I already knew it all along.

Yongguk spilled it out for me, “I gave her time to think, so she doesn’t need to answer here and now!”

Zelo walked closer, slowly. “Please choose me,” he requested. Yongguk pushed him back softly, not wanting him to get anywhere near me.

I couldn’t move my legs but I do want to run away. I just can’t leave them two.

 

“You should be grateful already,” Yongguk blurted. “I’m jealous of how Ahra treated you differently.” Zelo and I widened our eyes to hear his true feelings.

“It’s unfair to me!”

He walks towards me and was about to take my hand. I stopped him, pulling my hands away.

“I already have someone I like!”

I too was surprised to my quick actions. I looked at him whose eyes were wide. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings… so I ran away from both of them, leaving them two.

 

I didn’t care whether it was a good choice or not. I didn’t care whether they will hurt each other or talk over it.

I just couldn’t think straight.

 

I ran and went past Sohyun and Yuna that was sitting on a bench. Sohyunnie quickly grabbed my arm, stopping me.

“Hey! A-are you okay?” she stammered.

I forcefully pulled my arm away from her grip, acting harshly. “It’s none of your business!”

‘I’m sorry Sohyun. I’m really sorry. This is just not the right time…’

I went off leaving them both speechless.

 

‘I’m sorry.’

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

a/n: Ahh dangit! Can’t make it any longer coz I had this little amount of time left. Check out The6mighty’s second story for MY STORY – XwX series:  Healing the Broken Wings about Hot Chanyeol and Wonderful you. I assure you that my describing will be better in it.