Eun Ah/Yuna

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 6 

(Yuna's POV)

 

It's Saturday, it is suppose to be a public holiday but not for me. I have a part-time job that day as a cashier at Choco's Cafe, my dad's own cafe. I was kind of jealous of my other friends that they got the whole day to spend together with happy faces.

Ahra's probably packing her things for her move at the dorm, Min Rin and the twin's probably helping her, Jimin must be sleeping at that time, Hyemi's doing her undying hobbies and Hee Jung... She's probably studying.

It was my break. I went to the staffroom and ate some snacks that I brought from home. There are a lot of customers at every Saturday and there were only 4 employees. 

I needed help from a friend and dad won't mind it if I asked. I messaged Min Rin asking, "need some help here. Want to join the fun?" I was joking around and then Min Rin replied, "yeah, I'll try and help." I was really grateful to have a friend like her. My break was over without me noticing. I went back to the cashier spot and took a notepad.

"Welcome to Choco's Cafe. What do you want order?" I used the same greeting line that my dad forced me to remember. The group of boys were discussing and one voluntarily answered, "5 Choco Special Cupcake, 3 Koko Smoothie, 3 Cokes and 1 Chocolate Ice-cream!"

"Take away?"

"No, thank you."

I gave him a number and the group of boys sat at a table. I shouted out the order to the other employees and continued taking orders. 

 

I was about to send the ordered foods to the boys before, but they ordered too many that it was really heavy to carry. I groan feeling upset and angry at the same time. "I can't carry this," I whispered to myself. "Let me help you," one of the boys before suddenly said.  I felt bad that as an employee, I shouldn't be asking any help from a customer. But because I really can't carry it, I can only smiled shyly and replied a thank you to him. I put down the tray and left the table.

It was closing time. The boys before left one by one and left without realizing that one of their friends were still sleeping on the table. Min Rin who just came a few hours ago said her goodbyes tome and the other employees and left the place. I looked at the sleeping boy while the other employees were at the back cleaning. I went closer to him ans stared his amazing features; dark brown hair, thick brows, long eyelashes, cute nose and a sharp jaw. Yup he is one of my types. I tapped his shoulder trying to wake him up. "Sir, it is closing time," I said softly but he was still sleeping. I shaked him softly, "sir. Please wake up." He then opened his eyes and quickly stood. He scratched his head, looking at me. "Oh, I'm sorry..," he said and walked out from the cafe after I gave him way. Before I continue cleaning, I noticed that his phone was still on the table. I quickly went outside to call for him but he wasn't there. It was too late. I stared at the phone thinking that he probably will come back tomorrow and when that happens, I'll give his phone back. 

It was time to go home. Tomorrow's the day where I will be staying at the dorm with the others. I had a lot of packing to do that night. I sighed, feeling tired after all that hard work. I clinged to the phone and talked to myself, "I hope that guy comes back tomorrow." I stopped walking as I passed a scenery of the neighbourhood from the hill I was standing at.

 

"Good night, World!"