Sohyun

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 9

(Sohyun’s POV)

 

“Stay well-behave okay?” I nodded to my mother’s words and left the house with my bag. I’ll be staying at the dorm now. The reason to why I’m doing this is to learn how to live by myself and also I can live with my best friends! There is also another reason… that it is so I can stay bonded with my twin sister as she too will live there after all we’ve been living apart these few months. She lives with father while I live with mother.

I was waiting for the bus when suddenly I heard an old lady screaming not far. I hurriedly ran towards the following sound and saw a man forcing the lady to give him her handbag. “Hey!” with courage, I called for the man. Frightened, he kicked the old lady and took the bag with him. I helped the lady to get up and told her to call the police. “Hey, stop!” I followed the thief and ran as fast as I can.

He stopped running and took out his gun. “I’m not afraid to shoot!” He pointed the gun at me. He said that but his hands were trembling. “You don’t want to do this. You’re a good person,” I told him but he refused and pulled the trigger. I closed my eyes tightly, trembling. ..? I opened one of my eyes to see what just happened. The man looked curiously at his gun. I guessed it was my luck that the gun was bullet-free. I kicked him at his… below (you know what I mean). I felt bad for it but that place was the only thing I know that would really hurt him. The bag that he was holding flew out of his hands. As he was exclaiming his pain, I quickly took the handbag on the ground when suddenly I heard a rustle.

I looked behind me and saw the thief was running away from a young handsome man. I stood and was blank. “You should be more careful. That thief was about to hit you with a stick!” he told me. I was shocked to hear that. “Th-thank you!” I thank him. He gave a smile and then turned around as he noticed that an old lady was walking towards us. I went closer to her and gave her handbag back. The old lady was so happy, “thank you, dear. How brave you are to get this for me.” I smiled and clarified, “I can’t just let someone do harm to people without doing something.” “How can I repay you?” she asked me. I shake my head, “you don’t need to.” I refused her and she appreciated that. I happily watched her go. “That was nice of you.” I looked behind and was surprised that he was still there. I smiled shyly and suddenly I remembered about the bus I was waiting for. I walked further from him, quickly and saw the bus had already left the waiting bay. I let loose a sigh. I guess I’ll have to wait another bus.

 

“Were you supposed to be on that bus?” the guy behind me asked me. “Yeah.. I am supposed to be at the dormitory before 5pm,” I said weakly. I turned around to look at him. “How about I drove you there?” He has a car?! So cool… I hesitated at first but at the end, I agreed. While I was in his car, I was nervous. It was awkward for a while. “I'm Sehun. You’re a high school student, right?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m from TS and you can call me Sohyun.”

“I’m studying at the other part of the neighborhood, SM.”

Again, we were silent. I was hoping that he could turn the radio on so it would at least break the silent in that car of his.

“Can I ask for your phone number?” he asked me, bluntly. Because he asked me nicely, I gave him my phone number. I know, I know… he’s just a stranger but he did saved me and plus… he’s good-looking. We arrived at the school’s dormitory. I walked out from his car and when I was about to close its door, he gave a smile and said ‘see you’. I replied back the same thing. My heart was beating fast as he waved at me from the car shield.

I knocked at the door of the dorm and put my clenched fist on my chest.

 

‘Stop beating so fast, idiot!’