Min Rin

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 18

(Min Rin’s POV)

 

“What?!” Our classmates looked at Ahra and I after I gave a shocking response to the news that Ahra told me. I ignored while Ahra was definitely embarrassed, “Minnie! SHH! People are looking at us! Keep it down!” She covered her face with her hands. How could I not be surprised after hearing Zelo kissed my friend twice?! And without her permission? “If I were you, I would slap him on the face! On his FACE, Ahra!” “I was confused, okay?! He did apologize to me.” “But that’s still wrong! He has no rights to kiss you unless you like him.” Ahra’s eyes downcast looking brooding. I let out a sigh and asked her, “Did he really mean to kiss you?” She glanced at me and then banged her head on the table, “He didn’t mean it, at all!”

“You like him, don’t you?” I knew it from the start ever since Zelo and Ahra were beginning to get close. She kept banging her head without exclaiming her pain and as I rolled my eyes, I saw the 6 boys were walking towards the classroom. I notified Ahra about this and she told me that she’ll pretend to sleep. Really? Sleep?

 

“Is she okay?” asked Yongguk who stood in front of us. Of course, I lied, “She’s just tired of last night. She couldn’t sleep.” I found Yongguk and Zelo smiled awkwardly to their selves (duh, after seeing such improper things in Chapter 16). “Tell Ahra that I want to talk to her later,” he trusted me. While we were talking to each other, I noticed that the students in our class were talking about us but I ignored it. “Mrs. Sang Ri is bringing us to a restaurant tonight to celebrate Hyemi and Hara for winning first place in the competition. So tell the others to prepare, okay?” Youngjae said. “Y-you can bring your friend, Hee Jung too.” He looked at the classroom, searching for something. I sneered knowing who he was searching for, “Hee Jung’s in America right now. Don’t you know?” His eyes widen looking surprised to hear me. He scratched his head feeling embarrassed. “She’ll be back in a month,” I told him. He nodded and walked away with the others who was about to return to their classes.

I noticed that Zelo was being a little too quiet; I called for Yongguk and Himchan, hoping that both of them knew why, “I don’t know either,” Yongguk answered me. “I noticed that he only answered shortly today,” an answer from Himchan. Maybe Zelo felt really guilty to what he did to Ahra. He had this awkward look in his face as he glanced at her. Again, I sighed as I watched the boys was about to go out of the classroom. Then I noticed Himchan turned and jogged towards me, asking, “Sorry… um, can I ask you where Hyemi is?” “She’s at the library.” He smiled as he had my answer and ran to the opposite way of his classroom. The others ignored him and continued walking. Hyemi and Himchan are getting close with each other. I was feeling left out from my friends and it made me upset. BEEP! Not this again!! These past few days, Chanyeol texted me a lot of times. “It annoys me-!”

‘I sensed that you’re partly angry and partly sad. Joking~ Want to see each other tomorrow?’ – Chanyeol

As I read his words, I gave a smile. He was right about me being angry and sad. Those two things reduced after reading his warm message.

'Sure, just tell me where and when. I'll be right there, Channie!' - Me 

 

I wasn’t left out and his messages didn’t annoy me.