Eun Ah/Yuna

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 23

(Yuna’s POV)

 

Huff… Puff… (a/n: Tssk, dirty-minded people... LOL) We were tired after all that dance practice. By ‘we’, I mean Sohyun, Jimin, Ahra and me. Our other four friends were in different classes. But all that practicing, I was only focusing at the newcomer that just transferred, Kai. My heart was thumping as he also looks at me. I couldn’t believe that he got transferred here. There were also his friends, but my eyes only stared at him.

I know that it’s only a coincidence but deep down in my heart tells me that I believe its fate. It’s all only a fluke, I kept telling myself that. I couldn’t help the fact that he also likes dancing. It must be a coincidence… I sat down on the dance floor, taking a break of dancing and thinking. I stared away from him and glanced at the bottle of water beside me. I gulped down the water into my stomach not wanting myself to dehydrate.

Our dance coach stood before us and was talking about something. I didn’t listen to her but only continue reminding about Kai. I stared at the boys that were at the other side, still practicing their moves as the music goes by.

“Do you know them?” I spurted out the water from my mouth, surprised to Ahra’s sudden words. People in the room looked at me with eyes absent to my surprising action.

Embarrassed, I wiped my mouth and apologized to everyone. I pinched Ahra’s hands, angered to the humiliation. “Yes, I do know one of them! Stop bothering me, okay?” I told her, softly not wanting to interrupt the coach’s talking. “You like Kai, don’t you?” Once again, I spurted the water that I just filled into my mouth. Everyone looked at me once again, this time with their eyebrows raised.

The coach gave me a stare, “Do you need to go to the sick room, young lady?” I ignored coach’s words as her hands were on her hips and glared at Ahra as I wiped my lips once again, “Stop bothering me, I told you!” “And stop spurting water on me!” Sohyun joined in, looking at her back which was wet… again. I didn’t notice that.

The others laughed finding it funny. Kai and his other friends were laughing too. He smiled at me and I knew that our eyes were meeting with each other. I flushed pure red feeling embarrassed.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

After finishing our second dance practice, it was time to go home. Ahra finished early and went off back to the dorm quick. She was worried about Zelo, that’s for sure. I glanced at my bottle of water that was already empty without me realizing. I was yet still thirsty in need of something to drink. I should have saved some. 

“Here.” I felt something was placed above my head. I turned around and gasped to see Kai was there holding a small box of chocolate drink placing it above me. I motioned asking if it was for me and he nodded. I didn't hesitate to took it, “Thanks, Kai.” I looked at the drink he gave me and then glanced at Kai who was about to ask me something.

“So what’s your next subject?” I chuckled to his question, “We already finished our classes today, so it’s time to go home.” He put his other hand behind his head, giving me an obvious smile, “Ah, we had a few lessons that we need to catch up.” He glanced at me and then looked at the other way, looking upset.

“Why are you upset for?” I asked him feeling curious. He looked at me with a pair of cute little eyes that was hoping for something, “I guess I can’t walk you home, then.” Whaat… That’s it? Thanks for making me curious, Kai. I rolled my eyes and patted his shoulder, “Good luck with that!” He smiled at me as I left the place with Jimin and Sohyun.

I went home with the others leaving Kai and his friends. I smiled secretly.

 

‘Maybe next time, Kai.’

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

a/n: Dangit. I thought I wrote 1000 words already but 700?! Guh.. I don't think I can add anything anymore. >w<