Sehun and Sohyun

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 13

(Sehun’s POV)

 

“Did you get the book?” I asked Kai hyung who just came with a weird, unusual smile on his face. He ran upstairs and was shouting Chanyeol hyung’s name, repeatedly. I ignored him and when his set smile didn’t change at all. I tapped his shoulder from behind and asked him, “Are you okay? It’s nice that you’re smiling and all but- it kind of creeping me out.” Kai answered me looking doleful, “I think I’m sick.”

I was concerned to his answer and pat his back, “how about we go to the doctor?” “I know what my sickness is, Sehun.” “Eh?” “I’m lovesick.” I breathe in trying to not lose my composure and then smacked my hyung at his head. He shushed me before I could lecture him, “I’m going to take a bath!” I sighed as he went off. As he walked away, I smelled girl’s perfume. He must have been meeting with a girl.

RIIING! Chanyeol hyung’s phone rang made me flustered. It gave me a shock! I took a peek at the caller’s name and read it slowly, “Minnie?” I brought the phone to hyung who was at the kitchen, reading the novel he asked for. My hyungs were having a lovey-dovey moment, no wonder they were all smiling, radiantly. Somehow, in my heart, I envied them. Suddenly, I remembered about Jung Sohyun! Should I text her? What the heck I was thinking, of course I should! That’s the reason why I asked her phone number! I face palmed myself.

 

I quickly started to text her though it took me a while to type a simple greeting…

‘Hey, it’s Sehun. Remember me?’

 

(Sohyun’s POV)

 

We were eating dinner together with the other residents. I was eating at the balcony with Ahra, Zelo and Hara. The others were inside. Min Rin kept on lecturing Yuna for forgetting the novel she asked for while Hyemi was eating inside her room. She had a lot to do to win the Art Competition, so she preferred to stay inside her room to think of a plan. The B.A.P was having a blast inside. I could hear them laughing and singing (probably dancing too).

My phone beeped but I decided to ignore it. Ahra noticed this and asked me, “Why don’t you check it? It’s probably important.” “Yeah, Sohyunnie, you should check it.” We all lifted our heads, above the balcony was Hyemi peeking out from the window. We chuckled to how silly Hyemi interfered. “You were listening?” Yuna asked curiously. Hyemi smiled and then closed the window to continue her work.

 

I checked my phone and noticed the message was from an unknown number. I read it and what a surprise… It was from the guy who saved me, Sehun! I messaged him back…

‘Yeah, I remember. How can I forget a person who saved me?’

I put down my phone and was about to continue eating. BEEP! I heard another beep from my phone. Hara looked at me with curiosity, wanting to know who I was chatting with. “Is it mom?” I told her it wasn’t and then she moved closer to peek. “Ooh~ it’s a guy!” She was poking on me. I ignored her and then read Sehun’s reply.

‘Of course, you can’t forget me! *face palms* After all, I am handsome!’ – Sehun

‘Did you just praise yourself? What a vainer!’ – Me

I chuckled to how silly our first texts were. I felt warm somehow even though it was almost winter season. I looked at the bright, warm, full moon as it shines brightly at the balcony. Ahra and Zelo stood up and took their dishes with them leaving Hara and I whose food wasn’t yet finished.

‘I’m just joking. Do you see the moon?’ – Sehun

‘Yeah, I’m at the balcony right now so of course I’d see it. It’s so big and warm.’ – Me

‘It’s beautiful just like you.’ – Sehun

‘I’m not… you’re making me blush!’ – Me

‘I’d love to see you blush. ’ – Sehun

His words touched my heart that was beating so fast. He’s such a flirt! “You better finish your food, unnie.” Hara looked at me with a fixed expression. “Why are you blushing?” she asked and suddenly her facial expression changed into a haunted one. “Are you sick?” I shake my head telling her no. I gave her a look to our chat and she gave me a wry smile, “so you have a new boyfriend, eh?” I looked at her with a serious face, asking her not to tell mom.

 

Even after dinner, I kept on texting with him until midnight. He told me to sleep so I tried. I tucked into my bed and was looking at the ceiling. Suddenly my phone rang. I picked it up and heard a familiar man’s voice singing through the phone. I was speechless to hear that beautiful voice of his and at the end of the song; I could a soft whisper.

“Good night, Sohyun. Sleep tight,” it was Sehun. His voice warmed my heart, melting it that made my cheeks hot.

 

“Good night, Sehun,” I replied and closed my eyes asking myself to dream about him.