Ahra

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 5

(Ahra's POV)

 

The telephone rang. I was wiping the floor like usual. Mother took the phone and said with a sweet tone, "yes~ who is this?" Of course, it was just an act. 

"Ah.. really? But.. I've never done those things before. It can't be. It must be a lie..."

I was listening to her sweet talking. Why can't she talk like that to me once in a while? She put the phone down. I could sense she was walking towards me. I turned to look at her and she suddenly slapped me. "SO YOU TOLD THE COPS, EH? DO YOU THINK I'M AFRAID OF THOSE SHINING UNIFORM MEN?!" I was confused to what she was trying to say. It hurts..

I was devastated by my mother's action. She was furious to know that the police warned her through the phone. It is true that I have been talking about my bruises to  my homeroom teacher but I couldn't lie at her. She slapped me and kicked me many times now. I only cried for help. She pulled me, "SHUT UP! NO ONE'S GOING TO HEAR YOU!" I kept crying for help ignoring my mother's words. "Please.. stop," I asked her but she didn't. She kicked me to the corner of the room. My mouth was bleeding. I heard someone was knocking the front door. "Someone's.. knocking," I was trying to notify her but she continued kicking me, shouting, "LISTEN TO ME, IF THE POLICE CAUGHT ME.. I WON'T EVER FORGIVE YOU!! I WILL KILL YOU!" Hearing those words, my heart clenched. 

BANG! The door was kicked open by someone. It was Zelo! I was shocked. Hyemi ran closer to me along followed by the others and hugged me, while my mother was speechless to the sudden entry. Zelo and the other B.A.P was there with the cops. Policemen arrested my only family. I tried to stop them but Minnie asked me not to. "It is for your own good, Ahra," she told me. I was weak to stand, so my friends helped me. I was still speechless. The medics helped me with the bruises and my bleedings. I was staring at the B.A.P, wondering why are they here. Hyemi sat beside me as the medics finished. 

"Why are they here?" I asked her. "I knew that when you talked to our teacher, your mother would be furious. So I planned with the others to go to your house, to stop your mother from hurting you. The B.A.P volunteered theirselves to help. We called the cops when we heard you crying," she explained with a worried smile. "I'm glad that we did." I heard Zelo's voice. I looked at him and he was smiling. The others gathered around me and found myself crying, "thank you but.. I can't live on my own." Min Rin pat my back, "the principal has prepared an empty dorm for student in need." "Yeah! We can stay there with you, if you want," Jimin said, feeling excited. I nodded with the great the idea. Yongguk smiled and told us, "that's a great idea! We, B.A.P, are searching a bigger place to stay." 

Hara interrupted him, "really? You guys weren't informed that we have a dormitory?" Yongguk scratched his head and gave his usual smile. 

 

I guess we'll be living with the B.A.P now. I went closer to the police car. My mother was inside. "Mom..," I sounded. She glared at me. Her glare was filled with anger. She opened the car window and told me, "I'm not your mother, and you know that!" Then she closed the window and the car left. "She'll come back, and hopefully when she does, she'll become a real mother to you," Zelo said to me nicely. 

 

I cried to his words and only nodded. I felt like the cage was now opened but yet I didn't want to fly and take my freedom.

Just the feeling there is an open space is enough to make me happy. It shows that there is a little feeling of freedom. I cried of joy and also guilt.

 

My only family is taken away and those 10 years of living like a servant is now over.