Ahra

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 24

(Ahra’s POV)

 

Without making any noises, I walked slowly towards Zelo’s room and saw him still sleeping on his bed. It was 2 in the afternoon and my classes were already over. Zelo’s probably hadn’t eaten lunch. I sat on the bed beside his lying body. I put my hand on his forehead, checking his temperature. It was warm, but less warm than last night. I was about to wake him up, lifting my hands over his shoulder wanting to shake him up. Suddenly, Zelo’s hand grabbed my arm stopping me. He moved his face closer to mine and then kissed me on the cheek.

“I dislike people waking me up while I was dreaming a wonderful dream.”

My eyes widened and my ears tingled to his whisper. He let go of me gently as he moved his face further from me and smirked. “You can continue that dream of yours later. Right now, you have to take a shower!” I shake my head trying to go to the main point. Zelo looked absent after hearing my words as he sniffed himself and then widened his eyes as he quickly got up from his bed. “Don’t you sniff air until I got into the shower,” he stammered as he slides to the bathroom. My eyes rolled and then walked out of the room towards the kitchen.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

I put the nicely cooked porridge on the counter waiting for Zelo to eat it. Zelo walked in, spraying perfume on himself with eyes closed. “Hey nice-smelling boy, don’t you spray on your food before you eat!” I joked around making fun of him. He smirked and walked closer to me after he sneezed.

He was on the other side of the counter facing me, putting his hands on the counter not far from the bowl of porridge. He glanced at the porridge and then at me, “Feed me.”

“What?”

He stared into my eyes, smirking. His eyes were smiling. “Feed me.” I knew that my hearing was right. Is he really asking me that? He turned around and sat at the same couch where he slept last night. He clapped his hands as if he was calling his servant. “Hurry up, or I’ll starve!”

“Are you seriously asking me this, big guy with the perfume in his underwear?” How could he? I’ve been taking care of him since last night. Is he not satisfied by it? I took the bowl and headed towards to him with my other hand clasped on my hip.

“Here, you’re a grown up man! You don’t need someone to feed you!” I scowled. He looked at me with puppy eyes. My anger loosened, and both of my eyebrows raised losing to his cuteness. I sighed and agreed as I sat beside him who was putting his hands behind his head, relaxed. As I feed him his porridge, he stares at me and started apologizing,

“I’m sorry for making you worry.”

I looked at him, stopping my movements.

“I’m sorry for stealing your first kiss… and second.”

I put the bowl on the table in front of us and kissed him on the cheek. He looked at me, coughing. I continued to feed him the porridge, “I told you before, right?” His eyes widened, absent-looking.

“The reason why people are told to live their life to the fullest is because we can’t turn back to save what is lost.”

I learned something from my own words. I remembered about my parents, about my stepmother… It’s all in the past now, I have to move on. Zelo too.

I stood holding the finished bowl of porridge wanting to go to the kitchen to wash it. “Wait…,” That word made me remembered the first time I met Zelo, I hear the same faint word but that time when I turned, nothing was there and this time there is.

Zelo hugged me. He was crying on my shoulder. I smiled worry. “But- you forgive me right?” “I’ll always forgive you.” I felt the urge to kiss him, but I hold back. I really don’t understand the relationship between us. It’s quite confusing.

“You have to let me go now. I have an appointment later.” He loosened his hug doing what I asked him to. “I’ll be back later,” I told him as he sat back on the couch.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

a/n: Ahra’s words about can’t save what is lost reminded me about Himchan’s and Hyemi’s ending in LOVE STORY – QwQ.

Sigh… it made me cry. Next chapter will be intense!