Chapter 38

I Hate That I Still Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Ji Yeon!”

 

Ji Yeon could only stare at the speeding car in daze. She heard her name being called. She knew that she is supposed to move out of the way. But somehow her legs refused to obey as she continued staying rooted on the spot.

Her life flashed right in front of her eyes like a strip of movie film. She saw her little angel SaRang, her parents that spoiled her like a princess, her overprotective brothers, friendships that made her live more colourful and Sehun, the one man that she loved and still loves.

 

“Ji Yeon!”

 

She heard the familiar voice calling her again. She closed her eyes to let the voice sink in her mind. It will be probably be the last that she’ll ever hear again.

 

THUD!

 

Just by a split of the hair, Sehun managed to tackle Ji Yeon away from the car as they both landed on the pavement of the road. He was enveloping her protectively with his arms and cushioning her fall, rolling her on top of him.

Tears flowed down her cheeks involuntarily in a state of shock as she opened her eyes.

“Ji Yeon, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?” He searched frantically on her body for any injuries.

“Yeonnie, please talk to me. You’re scaring me. Do you feel alright?” His face and voice was full of concern with the lady on top of him.

She only cried louder as she hit him on the chest repeatedly. “Oh Sehun, you pabo! Why did you run out? Look at you. You’re bleeding. Oh my god, you’re bleeding! We have to go to the hospital now. Why did you have to be so careless? Don’t you know that you have so many people that love you?”

She continued ranting and wailed even louder into his chest gripping onto his shirt tightly. Her tears sipped into his shirt as she kept on chanting “Oh Sehun, you pabo.” He hugged her even tighter to assure her that he’s there when he heard her saying “Sehunnie, you pabo. What will I do if I lost you? I hate that I still love you.”

As her crying turned to sniffles, he knew that she had calmed down. “Baby, I love you too. You’re all that matters and I can’t imagine my life without you in it. I would save you again in a heartbeat even if it means dying.” He her hair affectionately.

“But baby, no offense, we’re still lying down on the road and it’s kind of getting harder for me to breathe with you on top.” It was like a wakeup call as Ji Yeon scrambled on her feet and helped Sehun up.

She noticed how there were some slight scratches on his perfect forehead, his right elbow sustained a larger cut and his jeans were torn and stained with his blood. It stung as he tried to walk properly, more blood trickled from the wound. He limped leaning most of his body weight against Ji Yeon as they both head back to SM.

The boys were shocked to see their condition and Ji Yeon bursts into tears out of guilt. “Oppa, I’m sorry I got Sehun hurt. What if he can’t dance or sing again? What if it affects your schedules? I’m sorry. It should have been me instead of Sehun.”

Luhan and Kai had gone to aid Sehun as Chanyeol comforted her in a hug. Despite in pain, Sehun pulled them apart jealously and hugged Ji Yeon instead. “Yah, it was an accident so stop blaming yourself over it. And don’t you dare say that you should be the one who got hurt. If anything, I’m glad that I was there to protect you.

Don’t worry about my schedules. In fact, I’m happy that I will get to rest while the hyungs are promoting. And, stop hugging other guys in front of me. I’m jealous and I’ll admit it.” He deadpanned.

Ji Yeon looked up with her puffy eyes and red nose. “You’re such an idiot.” She muttered softly but tightened her arms around his waist, glad that he was alive.

He winced a little

Please log in to read the full chapter