Chapter 13

I Hate That I Still Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Halmeoni! Mummy’s back!” The little ball of energy announced and flung herself onto Ji Yeon the moment she stepped into the mansion.

“My baby girl! I missed you so much. Have you grown taller?” Ji Yeon smiled dotingly.

“Neh! Harabeoji said I grew this much.” She illustrated with her thumb and index finger. It was hardly a centimetre but it still got her excited.

“You’re too adorable for your sake. Mummy wants to bite your cheeks.” SaRang ran screaming for her grandfather when Ji Yeon attempted to bite her cheeks playfully.

“Omma, appa, I’m back and I smell something delicious.”

Mr and Mrs Jung shook their head at their youngest. “Aigoo, when will you ever grow up?”

“I don’t want to. I’ll forever be omma and appa’s princess.” She slipped in between them and hugged their arms with aegyo.

“And SaRang will be harabeoji and halmeoni’s little princess!” SaRang giggled joining the hug.

“Yeobo, it seems like we have two four years olds instead of one.” Mr Jung teased.

Mrs Jung just laughed heartily. “Dinner is getting cold already. Ji Yeon ah, how are your brothers?”

Sipping a mouthful of her mother’s kimchi jigae, “Hmm. Good looking as usual and annoying like always.” She stopped giggling when her mother narrowed her eyes. “Don’t worry omma. I assure you that they even if they are dead tired, they are enjoying every single moment of it.”

“What about you then? Is everything fine in your workplace?” Her dad asked.

“Neh appa. Everything is going smoothly. Your investments are not going down the drain. And for your real concern, what happened is in the past. We’re still friends.” She forced a smile.

Everyone including SaRang could feel that Ji Yeon’s smile didn’t particularly reached her eyes but they decided not to ask further. Of course you would wonder how a little girl like SaRang could understand things well, let’s just say she inherited Ji Yeon’s brain.

 

 

“Honey, are you that excited for Uncle James and Uncle Jacob?” Ji Yeon smiled at her young one who is pacing up and down the airport.

“Of course mummy! They are your bestest friends that love you

Please log in to read the full chapter