Chapter 35

I Hate That I Still Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

The young family was enjoying their breezy evening stroll along the beach. It was somewhat romantic and blissful with such warm colours decorating the skies.

Ji Yeon and Sehun was holding onto SaRang’s little hands swinging it back and forth gleefully.

“Mummy, appa’s feet are sooo big!” She let go of their hands and stood next to Sehun’s footprint. Her beady eyes rounded in surprise of the huge comparison but started giggling as she hopped onto her appa’s prints one after another.

She did that for quite some distance until she finally grew exhausted of it. Instead, she started making footprints all around the beach where Ji Yeon and Sehun joined in the fun too. Eventually they find themselves competing to plant their feet the deepest into the sand.

Sehun of course was feeling very zealous and started digging with his feet rapidly. With almost zero chance of winning against him, the mother daughter pair cheated and changed tactics. They started piling on sand and burying his feet deep under trapping him.

By now, Sehun  had realised their plan and struggled to get out of the pit. He was wearing this you’re-so-dead expression on as the girls started fleeing after their oh ohs.

“Nuh uh. Not so fast!” He captured them easily just in time, caging them tightly in his arms as they squirmed around laughing for help. The girls counter attacked by tickling him successfully loosening his grip around them. He fell on the sand giving them the opportunity to run away.

But it was not for long because almost immediately he freed himself and sprinted after the girls. With his long limbs, it only took him a few strides to get them back in his arms again. Joyous laughter erupted every single second they spent together.

They even chased after the waves when it retreated back to the sea and ran away when the tide came in. It was childish but nevertheless it was fun. Getting wet was also part of the fun as they splashed each other with water.

They took a rest on one of the benches when exhaustion hits them. The two adults was enjoying the soothing atmosphere and admiring the seas and the skies. SaRang has fallen asleep a little while ago leaning against her mummy.

Ji Yeon shivered a little at the drop of temperature and tried to keep SaRang warm by hugging her tighter. She jolted when Sehun unexpectedly sat nearer and wrapped his arms around them from behind. Ji Yeon sighed at the comforting warmth. It wasn’t awkward but rather it felt complete.

“Yeonnie, let’s go back before you two catch a cold. I’ll carry SaRang.” She gladly obliged and walked beside him back to their room.

Sehun lingered a while in their room not wanting to part yet gazing at his girl cooing their daughter. “Sweetheart, wake up. Let’s wash up and you can continue sleeping after neh.”

She peeled her little eyes open groggily and noticed Sehun carrying her. “Appa, can you come and read SaRang a bed time story later?” Sehun was more than happy at the request but sent Ji Yeon a puppy eyed look asking for her permission to which she nodded.

As the little girl was getting ready for bed, “Appa, I changed my mind. Can you sing to me instead?” SaRang was boasting how she memorized her appa’s part in all the songs and fumbled with her fingers to make out hi-O stance from their Overdose music video.

Sehun was swelling with pride as he sang his little girl to sleep. As her eyes were about to close, they fluttered open. “Mummy, can appa sleep with us tonight?” Ji Yeon bit her lips as she looked at her baby girl’s hopeful eyes.

It was a bad move to lock eyes with Sehun’s because they were equally pleading as well without him realising. She heaved a sigh of giving in.

“Appa can stay if he wants to.” Sehun was beyond ecstatic when he heard that. He almost couldn’t believe his ears but he knew he heard right.

A tiri

Please log in to read the full chapter