Chapter 36

I Hate That I Still Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

‘Oh my god! What did I get myself into?’ Ji Yeon mentally berated herself and knocked on her head a few times.

What happened you may ask? Oh, nothing serious. She’s just having the first practice session with Sehun after her brave declaration a few days ago. Right now, she remained rooted in front of the door not wanting to go in.

“Chickening out so soon, Yeonie?” Sehun suddenly whispered lowly into her ear.   

She jumped a little. “Y-you wish!” She was supposed to sound strong but it came out as a squeak instead. Of course, Sehun caught that and chuckled lightly to her humiliation.

“Come on, I won’t eat you- yet.” She widened her eyes at the suggestive statement that made him laughed harder at the sight of her red face.

Despite the confident and cocky attitude that he has put up, Sehun was feeling awkward and hesitant at the cue of music. Both avoided eye contact at all costs and executed the intimate moves without even touching.

All the confidence went flying through the window and the boys cringed at the sight of those two. “Gosh, you two are even more awkward than watching my 70 year old ahjusshi neighbour dancing to Sistar’s Touch My Body!” Baekhyun exclaimed dramatically.

Ji Yeon bit her lip and had her head hung low in guilt as she felt awful for slowing down their practice. Sehun glared at his hyung for making her feel bad when he felt a tug on the hem of his shirt.

“Hunnie, maybe you should have Minah as your partner instead. You both were great and nothing like us. We’re not getting anywhere at this rate.” Her words forced.

“Ji Yeon ah-”

His words were cut when Suho spoke. “Sehun, let’s practice our group routine while our dancing machine help Ji Yeon, neh.”

Sehun didn’t want to leave her with Kai. Not when she is looking like that and definitely doesn’t want him to cheer her up when it is supposed to be him. “Neh.” He answered curtly as he walked away from her while Kai appeared beside her.

Jealousy seethed through his teeth when he saw Ji Yeon through the reflection in the mirrors progressing smoothly with Kai. Not to mention all the skinship involved looked somewhat natural as compared to when it was with him.

The peals of her laughter  and her blushing cheeks that he loved had somehow irritated him now and got him messed up his steps earning him stern stares from his hyungs.

Meanwhile at the other corner of the room, the two oblivious individuals were practicing earnestly.

“Wow, Jung Ji Yeon, I’m impressed. Are you sure you’re the same person just now?” Kai teased.

“Shut up, Jongin oppa. I can assure you that it was me all along.” Ji Yeon answered rolling her eyes at his sarcasm.

“Then why can’t you dance like how you’re doing now, woman?”

Her voice softened upon the question. “It was a little embarrassing dancing with Sehun oppa. I feel awkward touching him.”

“Yah, I am one hell of an attractive man as well. Maybe even better than Sehun. Why aren’t you feeling shy towards me? You should be.” He faked an exaggerated offended expression.

“Maybe it’s because what we shared is purely platonic. Pftt! I don’t even like you that way, you narcissictic prince.” She shot back instantly.

She was expecting another sarcastic comeback when he surprised her with a creepy smirk. “So, you do admit that you have feelings for the maknae.” He wiggled his eyebrows.

It was then she realised what she had blurted out. “Shut up, oppa.” She crossed her arms to appear nonchalant but her red cheeks betrayed her.

“Tell me something else rather than asking me to shut up again. It’s so obvious that you so like Sehun. For goodness’ sake, stop being so awkward already. It’s not like you haven’t seen each other when you two already have a daughter together.” He stated as a matter of fact.

 “Oppa!” She hissed in embarrassment but laughed when he was making funny googly eyes and kissey faces.

“Hyung, if you are done, I would like to have MY partner back for our practice.” Sehun appeared with an annoyed face successfully cutting their laughter. Kai had the audacity to wink at her as he walked away when he clearly knew the male was being a jealous prick.

“Yah, Jung Ji Yeon. You sure dance well for someone who was being awkward around me just a while ago. Are you sure that you want to dance with me instead of Kai hyung? You seemed to enjoy touching each other.” He accused sulkily.

“What are you trying to imply, Oh Sehun?” She glared at him.

“I’m not implying anything. Just stating what I saw.” He retorted.

“Well, you saw wrong. Kai oppa wasn’t even touching me for real, you idiot!” She huffed. “You want real? I’ll give you real.” She added agitatedly as she stalked off to hit the play button and yanked him close, staring hi

Please log in to read the full chapter