Chapter 17

I Hate That I Still Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I do.”

Ji Yeon bowed shyly to the charming man who appeared to be James from Royal Pirates. They were soon familiar with each other almost immediately laughing at jokes as he tuned his guitar on stage while guests waited in anticipation.

As he strummed the first cord of the song, the guests quieten down and moments later Ji Yeon recognised that familiar melody of her favourite song.

His voice was equally charming as his looks as he started singing Jason Mraz’s part. Ji Yeon felt jittery as her part approaches but she found strength when her eyes flickered over Sehun’s face. Weirdly a sense of reassurance washed over her as she took in a deep breath, eyes closed and sang the first line.

It was clearly a pleasant surprise as her voice ever so gentle and soothing wow-ing the crowd unexpectedly as they swayed along to the love song. James and Ji Yeon captivated the crowd with their perfect harmonisation and natural chemistry.

Hyuna’s plan failed because that definitely wasn’t part of the plan at all.

But oh well, the duet received a great round of applause as the song finished sweetly. Bowing down gratefully to the audience, James politely offered his hand to Ji Yeon as they both exited the stage much to Sehun’s annoyance.

Ji Yeon’s friends from SM crowded and showered her with compliments especially her bunch of hyperactive Exo oppas that were still pretty much still excited of their dongsaeng’s singing. Except for the long faced Sehun who had his eyes bore into the skulls of men eyeing Ji Yeon. And of course for the fact that she was still ignoring his presence mingling with any other person except him.

‘What’s with all the skinships from other men? Can’t they keep their hands to themselves?’ Sehun glared sulkily especially when Ji Yeon is acting mushy around the DBSK boys. He had failed to notice how he thought other men have no rights to touch her but him.

A few rounds of cocktails has got Ji Yeon excusing herself to the comfort room. However, the peaceful trip turned out to be something else when she was confronted by none other than Hyuna as she was on her way back to the hall.

“Hey girl friend! I missed you. I bet Sehun misses you too. Nah. He has too much fun with me screaming his name over and over again on bed to miss you.” Her voice laced with sarcasm.

Even though Ji Yeon was agitated, she chose to ignore Hyuna and continued walking on. A response that is not well received by her as she tugged Ji Yeon harshly on her arm.

“Why? Can’t accept the fact that your man is not yours anymore? I would have you to thank for that. if it weren’t for you and your ty ways, he wouldn’t came running into my arms.” Hyuna tried provoking mentioning the past.

This time Ji Yeon glared at the audacity of her words when she knew perfectly well were lies in fact rumours which she started herself. Still, it hurt nonetheless when the past was being digged up.

“Shut up . We both know very well who wa

Please log in to read the full chapter