Chapter 3

I Hate That I Still Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Within a blink of an eye they were already in high school.

By then, Ji Yeon has somehow become a forgotten wallflower to Sehun. Ignored and invisible. The hurt when Ji Yeon tried to approach him but he just passed by without a glance at her. Eventually Ji Yeon has stopped her efforts to save their friendship. It hurts like a .

Ji Yeon didn’t even know who to blame and what to blame. Should she blame the casting agent? Blame SM for the tight schedules that disallowed them to spend quality time together as best friends that caused them to be distant? Or blame it on his rising popularity and fame that has gotten to Sehun?

Or was she to be blamed? Was she too plain to be his friend anymore when he had the school queenkas all dolled up fawning over him? Was it because she never had make up on? Or the fact that she doesn’t wear tight blouses showing cleavages, or that she still wears knee length skirt and never hiking it up to showcase her ?

On the other hand, Sehun continued to be part of the kingkas and the amount of girls that flung themselves onto him was no joke. He seemed to be enjoying the glamorous life. No longer he was the shy little boy who got bullied but the playboy that got girls practically lined up at the snap of his fingertips and he took advantage of it.

No longer was Ji Yeon the hyperactive, smiley little girl that she used to be.

Girls that she used to call friends are no longer one. They started to get jealous that she was close to Sehun and talked behind her back spreading vicious gossips. Some to the extent of bullying and playing pranks on her. Nothing dangerous or life threatening but it was rather exhausting.

Despite that, she still held on to the belief of a silver lining in every cloud. Yes, she lost many friends but she gained real friends who were always there for her. She learnt that quality definitely outweighs quantity. This said, she had two good friends namely Chae Rin and Bommie albeit having a fierce exterior, they babied her and defended her from the fangirls. Ji Yeon would only come out of her shell when she was with them.

It was never easy for Ji Yeon getting over her heartbreak of falling in love with her best friend that alienated her. And certainly hurts more when she sees different girls beside him.

Does he ever think of Ji Yeon when he made out with different girls in the class? In the library? In the janitor’s closet? In the toilet? Or the fact that news of his numerous active engagement in ual activities might reach her ears?

She is in pain and grief. Above all, she hates that she still loves him although he puts her in such emotional distress. She was a strong girl and slow

Please log in to read the full chapter