Chapter 19

I Hate That I Still Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Sweetheart, where are you?” A half lidded Ji Yeon started calling for SaRang groggily.

“SaRang?” She tried again. When her eyes finally got adjusted to her surroundings, her little girl was giggling happily in the air before landing in Sehun’s arms again. ‘When did these two get so close?’ She wondered but thought it was a lovely sight. A sight that she has hoped for so long. It feels so near yet so far. 

“Baby girl, look! Mummy’s up.” Sehun announced carrying SaRang towards Ji Yeon and putting her down on her tiny feet.

“Feeling better, Ji Yeon?” She gulped nervously at his concern and stared blankly probably due to the fact that there’s only a foot distance between them. It has been awhile since they stood so close to each other.

Nudging her mummy at the thighs finally got Ji Yeon’s attention. “Mummy, Uncle Sehun asked whether if you were hungry and you didn’t answer? Does it still hurt here?” She tapped lightly on her mother’s tummy.

“It still hurts. But just a little. So don’t worry about mummy okay, sweetheart?” She ruffled her child’s hair.

“Okay mummy! Come on and have some porridge. I helped Uncle Sehun cook.” She beamed proudly pulling her mom’s hand towards the dining table as Sehun quickened his steps to scoop up a bowl of porridge and served Ji Yeon.

“Oh Sehun. Since when do you cook? Are you sure it is safe for consumption? The last time I remembered you couldn’t even cook ramyeon.” Ji Yeon raised an eyebrow.

“Yah, that was ages ago. Tsk nothing is impossible for me if I put my mind into it. Be happy that it is my first time cooking porridge and for a girl at that.” He pouted a little being underestimated.

“Oh gosh. Looks like I’m the unlucky lab rat then.” She teased some more as she tried a spoonful of porridge and widened her eyes in surprise. “I’m impressed oppa. It’s actually edible and taste like porridge.”

Sehun rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless at the compliment only to have his happy bubble burst by SaRang. “That’s because Uncle Kyungsoo came to help. Uncle Sehun had to throw away the first pot because it got burnt. Uncle Sehun got scolded too.” The little girl giggled.

“Yah, SaRang! You promised not to tell mummy. Come here you!” With that, the kid like man set off chasing after SaRang around the table where the little girl soon seek protection from her mummy by climbing up on her lap successfully preventing Sehun from catching her

Please log in to read the full chapter